SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Can't wait for ASM2., and I've nver been a stickler for details as I can pretty easily get into a movie, but has any of the spider-man action looked as CGI as this one? I feel like it's so obvious in all his action scenes. Or it is because his suit has a shinyness to it?

Can't wait for ASM2., and I've nver been a stickler for details as I can pretty easily get into a movie, but has any of the spider-man action looked as CGI as this one? I feel like it's so obvious in all his action scenes. Or it is because his suit has a shinyness to it?

I know what you mean. I think its because the action scenes are gonna be really fast paced. I mean that one scene in ASM with spiderman vs the lizard in midtown high was better than any action scene from the Raimi trilogy. Ahh especially the scene where spiderman was putting webbing all over the lizard :wow: straight out've a comic!

The Cgi is pretty good on top of all that too

Last edited:
I definitely noticed the CGI looked a little subpar in the earlier trailers. I didn't care or notice in theaters for the first Amazing Spiderman, but maybe that's because I saw it in 3D.

If that's the worst part of the movie, then I'll be okay with it :lol:

3d sucks and is the biggest waste of money ever. If I wanted a headache and my eyes to burn I'd just bang my head on the seat while I watch

3d sucks and is the biggest waste of money ever. If I wanted a headache and my eyes to burn I'd just bang my head on the seat while I watch
I agree. Fiancé's uncle bought a 3-D 4k TV and I really couldn't tell the difference between 1080p and 4k...Also, I don't need 3D to enjoy a movie. SMH. I swear that was just a hype.

Obviously if you have a bad reaction to 3D it's not going to be worth it, but with the right movie it really does enhance it.

For example, Avatar is an average to bad movie.. in IMAX 3D it was an experience. Seeing the Hobbit in IMAX 3D with the higher frame was really unique and interesting. And so on... not all 3D is the same.

It makes a big difference if the director intended to shoot in and took it seriously, rather than just doing it afterwards or as an obvious cash grab.

Last edited:
I like how the new trailer didn't really show anything that we haven't seen before. That's good IMO

Still Cap 2 trailer > this trailer

As I watch that trailer it had me thinking how isn't Electro not enough with Harry being a thread in the background? Anybody know how long this movie gonna be? They're adding Harry as GG, Rhino, and Electro. That's a lot.

Trailer looks real good though.

This trailer > spider man 3

:lol:
A dong on the screen for 3hrs > sm3 lol

Literally the worst movie ever called a movie
Soooo u rather watch a penis than an actual movie???
Ur a dude right
:rofl:

Last edited:
This trailer > spider man 3

gude juan

Took this screen cap of this again with clearer details of the OsCorp files. Why is there a Mark III (or II) suit file?

Last edited:
Could be the glider? Or a Spider Armour?

Also...

Marc Webb [emoji]10004[/emoji] @MarcW

Almost shot ASM2 in B+W til @bjnovak's (A. Smythe) promo for his excellent book ONE MORE THING beat me to it

Marc Webb Reveals B.J. Novak's "Amazing Spider-Man 2" Role

It's been known since March 2013 that B.J. Novak -- best known for his 2005 to 2012 stint as Ryan Howard on "The Office" -- would be in this spring's "Amazing Spider-Man 2." Yet his role wasn't known until a tweet Monday afternoon from director Marc Webb named Novak's character as "A. Smythe" -- likely confirmation that Novak is playing Alistair Smythe, a long-running character in the Spidey mythos. (Hat tip to The Hollywood Reporter for noticing.)

Smythe, first introduced in 1985's "The Amazing Spider-Man Annual" #19, is the son of villain Spencer Smythe, creator of the Spider-Slayers. In Marvel's comic books, Alistair took over his father's Spidey-hunting work, and eventually transformed himself into an "Ultimate" Spider-Slayer.

Recently, the character played a prominent role in writer Dan Slott's run on both "Amazing Spider-Man," where his actions led to the death of J. Jonah Jameson's wife Marla; and the current "Superior Spider-Man," where he was one of the most formidable tests for the Doctor Octopus-controlled Spidey. Alistair Smythe was also a frequent villain in the 1990s "Spider-Man" animated series.

I can see it 8) Especially if they keep him as the scientist type making the spidey slayers. Don't know if he'd fit well as the Spider Slayer without working out first but he can sound like a whiny vengeful douche pretty well.

Last edited:
Just posted those last two posts a few posts up. :lol:

Novak was on Kevin & Bean radio show this morning and they asked about his role A Smythe and he said that he was Foxx/Maxx's supervisor and he was in some way involved in him turning into Electro. He said that is all he can reveal.

Last edited:
Bj Novak as Alistair :wow:

And we still don't know who Felicity Jones is playing :x

And I'm waiting on J.K Simmons to reprise the J. Jonah role.... >D

This movie is about to be AMAZING...x2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom