SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
How does this give more layers to Gwen? :lol: She banged Norman cuz he she "couldn't resist him", had twins, left them, then got killed by her baby daddy. These characters were created in the 60s. I'm not seeing any reason why Gwen has to be anything other than what she is whether yall simply see her as a squeaky clean love interest or not. **** the MJ vs. Gwen debate. Gwen is dead. MJ is alive. That story isn't just drama filled it's twisted Jerry Springer/Maury show ****. Keep in mind the writer of the story intended for it to be completely erased from continuity he had planned for another story line and he originally intended for the children to actually be Peter's but the editors told him no (cuz they didn't want Spidey to be a parent), so he settled for Norman.

Nah there was no missing puzzle. Norman found out who Spidey was and killed his gf. After returning, he targeted Aunt May as well. The puzzle isn't solved by him now deciding to kill the mother of his children just cuz she loved Peter. All it does is just add more crazy to Norman's crazy list.

Making Gwen interested in Norman in the movies is just plain laughable.

YOU'RE NO FUN :frown:
The way I've seen it Gwen is the character she is, had she lived there would've been plenty opportunity to break her down, add depth, etc. but that's not how it happened and what she did become was a symbol. She represented something to Peter that he's never gonna find in any other chick. I'm fine with that

I feel the movies had made her way more interesting than in the comics but at the end of the day she has to be the one that ended on a high note for Peter that he failed.

On a slightly related note I expect Captain Stacy to die in this movie.

The way I've seen it Gwen is the character she is, had she lived there would've been plenty opportunity to break her down, add depth, etc. but that's not how it happened and what she did become was a symbol. She represented something to Peter that he's never gonna find in any other chick. I'm fine with that

I feel the movies had made her way more interesting than in the comics but at the end of the day she has to be the one that ended on a high note for Peter that he failed.

You're right, Gwen is a symbol. None of the chicks he's been with have been Gwen Stacy-esque, not even MJ so honoring her story the right way is the best method for this series.

But Captain Stacy died in the first one

Last edited:

You're right, Gwen is a symbol. None of the chicks he's been with have been Gwen Stacy-esque, not even MJ so honoring her story the right way is the best method for this series.

But Captain Stacy died in the first one
:lol: Wait what? Not only did I forget that but I would've swore I saw Dennis in one of these trailers for the sequel. My memory failed me on that.

It's now coming back to me that he saw Peter with the mask off and paid homage to the comics by making him promise to protect Gwen by leaving her alone.

:lol: Wait what? Not only did I forget that but I would've swore I saw Dennis in one of these trailers for the sequel. My memory failed me on that.

It's now coming back to me that he saw Peter with the mask off and paid homage to the comics by making him promise to protect Gwen by leaving her alone.

Yeah he died in the first one and they kept it true to the comics with Capt. Stacy finding out his identity but he's suppose to appear in this sequel as a ghost that Peter keeps seeing

GG mini-bust from the film.

Harry as Green Goblin looks pretty cool, better than Raimi's Goblin definitely. I just hope DeHaan delivers with this role. Ready to see Cooper's goblin as well

Last edited:
First official look at GG

Shoulda went the ultimate Spider-Man route and made him fully green goblin
But I respect what they doing
So there's 3 villains in this??
Rhino electro and gg???

This trailer is INSANE! As far as villains go we still don't 100% know who Felicity Jones is playing >D

And Chris Cooper is gonna be the real green goblin so I'm liking the way Dehaan's Goblin Jr. looks

I'm praying J.K. Simmons does J. Jonah again too

Last edited:
I NEED more info on Felicity Jones' role in this film. I think we're about to have our minds blown...

Every time I watch any footage of this movie..I get more hype :pimp:
you and me both brother. this is a how you turn a comic book into a movie. after watching the first film, i felt it had all the core elements that writers and artists put into the comics translated all on film. can't wait for this one!

Last edited:
This movie looks great and everytime I see the trailer I remember the special effects aren't done now I need to see the finished product [emoji]128293[/emoji]

If the mid air battle in spiderman 3 was good I can only imagine what a mid air battle in this film will look like :wow:

Back
Top Bottom