SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I agree. Fiancé's uncle bought a 3-D 4k TV and I really couldn't tell the difference between 1080p and 4k...Also, I don't need 3D to enjoy a movie. SMH. I swear that was just a hype.

Probably because you werent viewimg 4k content. 4k is far superior to 1080p its no just noticable its glaring. Nice try tho

They weren't kidding when they said they were going to blow this universe wide open. Sooooooooooooooooooooo many potential great stories to be told.

Big white eyes are just perfect on these.
52f5bc4c3f7c1.gif

They took Spider-Man right out the comic book pages and turned him real. Looking forward to this movie. :pimp:

Hated how the eyes were amber on the first one. Suit looks good. I just hope the movie isn't too corny. Spider-Man walks that thin line of being corny and funny.

Am I the only one who enjoys character development instead of rushing 5 villains into one 2 1/2 hr movie.

I might be in the minority but I didn't read many comics as a youngn. I'd like to understand the villains like some of you guys. :frown:

Am I the only one who enjoys character development instead of rushing 5 villains into one 2 1/2 hr movie.

I might be in the minority but I didn't read many comics as a youngn. I'd like to understand the villains like some of you guys. :frown:

Most of the villains are pretty bland and can be summed up in 2-3 mins of backstory.

Holy ****....holy ****!!!!!! Gwen's moving to England....ARE THEY GOING TO DO SINS PAST?!?!?!????!!!! :nthat:

i believe this will be the movie where Gwen Stacy dies.

Nah, there's enough going on in the film as is. They still need more time for Gwen to be established with the audience.

Since they're going full franchise with this, they should save her death for the end of the movie and it end on a sad note/cliffhangar ala Empire Strikes Back. It'll give the Sinister 6 so much credibility going into their film.

Last edited:
That was a terrible turrible horrible story line. I hope not.

I thought the storyline was dope it's just the whole Gabriel and Sarah thing that threw it off. It adds another level of complexity to the Gwen Stacy story. People are just afraid of the thought of Gwen being a bop and for Norman Osborn of all people. If they could put their own spin on it for the film and leave out the twins of course, Gwen's death will be that much more polarizing when it eventually occurs.

That was a terrible turrible horrible story line. I hope not.

I thought the storyline was dope it's just the whole Gabriel and Sarah thing that threw it off. It adds another level of complexity to the Gwen Stacy story. People are just afraid of the thought of Gwen being a bop and for Norman Osborn of all people. If they could put their own spin on it for the film and leave out the twins of course, Gwen's death will be that much more polarizing when it eventually occurs.
It's nothing to be afraid of. If you read the earlier comics and then read this it doesn't make sense and it's just bad storytelling. Without Gabriel and Sarah the story makes even less sense. Gwen bangs Norman and.....? The whole thing was about the mystery twins wanting revenge for one dude who they thought was their father only to find out it was their crazy benefactor all along who lied to them. When trying to match that up to the Lee and Thomas stories it makes even less sense since she ditches her children and gets back with Pete until she dies. It adds no depth to her death story either, it actually takes away from it.

Hopefully it's just a head nod to the story for the sake of it. It'd probably make less sense in the movie cuz then you'd have to time skip at least 10 months or have Gwen absent for a whole movie.

I'd rather they kill her than try to adapt that story. Norman has enough children that are crazy.

Last edited:
It's nothing to be afraid of. If you read the earlier comics and then read this it doesn't make sense and it's just bad storytelling. Without Gabriel and Sarah the story makes even less sense. Gwen bangs Norman and.....? The whole thing was about the mystery twins wanting revenge for one dude who they thought was their father only to find out it was their crazy benefactor all along who lied to them. When trying to match that up to the Lee and Thomas stories it makes even less sense since she ditches her children and gets back with Pete until she dies. It adds no depth to her death story either, it actually takes away from it.

Hopefully it's just a head nod to the story for the sake of it. It'd probably make less sense in the movie cuz then you'd have to time skip at least 10 months or have Gwen absent for a whole movie.

I'd rather they kill her than try to adapt that story. Norman has enough children that are crazy.

Of course the story isn't canon but it's the only story that doesn't show Gwen as this squeaky clean love of Peter's life. Gives more layer to the Gwen vs. MJ debate as well because Gwen is without a doubt peter's true love but what if she had a past too? I mean banging your homeboys dad/arch nemesis is kinda drama filled. Norman discovering peter's identity and choosing Gwen to throw off the George Washington instead of Aunt May always puzzled me so the sins past story was kind've like a missing puzzle to the story to me. I don't know, it just seems like it would be well interpreted on film to me, minus the twins of course.

Last edited:

Of course the story isn't canon but it's the only story that doesn't show Gwen as this squeaky clean love of Peter's life. Gives more layer to the Gwen vs. MJ debate as well because Gwen is without a doubt peter's true love but what if she had a past too? I mean banging your homeboys dad/arch nemesis is kinda drama filled. Norman discovering peter's identity and choosing Gwen to throw off the George Washington instead of Aunt May always puzzled me so the sins past story was kind've like a missing puzzle to the story to me. I don't know, it just seems like it would be well interpreted on film to me, minus the twins of course.
How does this give more layers to Gwen? :lol: She banged Norman cuz he she "couldn't resist him", had twins, left them, then got killed by her baby daddy. These characters were created in the 60s. I'm not seeing any reason why Gwen has to be anything other than what she is whether yall simply see her as a squeaky clean love interest or not. **** the MJ vs. Gwen debate. Gwen is dead. MJ is alive. That story isn't just drama filled it's twisted Jerry Springer/Maury show ****. Keep in mind the writer of the story intended for it to be completely erased from continuity he had planned for another story line and he originally intended for the children to actually be Peter's but the editors told him no (cuz they didn't want Spidey to be a parent), so he settled for Norman.

Nah there was no missing puzzle. Norman found out who Spidey was and killed his gf. After returning, he targeted Aunt May as well. The puzzle isn't solved by him now deciding to kill the mother of his children just cuz she loved Peter. All it does is just add more crazy to Norman's crazy list.

Making Gwen interested in Norman in the movies is just plain laughable.

How does this give more layers to Gwen? :lol: She banged Norman cuz he she "couldn't resist him", had twins, left them, then got killed by her baby daddy. These characters were created in the 60s. I'm not seeing any reason why Gwen has to be anything other than what she is whether yall simply see her as a squeaky clean love interest or not. **** the MJ vs. Gwen debate. Gwen is dead. MJ is alive. That story isn't just drama filled it's twisted Jerry Springer/Maury show ****. Keep in mind the writer of the story intended for it to be completely erased from continuity he had planned for another story line and he originally intended for the children to actually be Peter's but the editors told him no (cuz they didn't want Spidey to be a parent), so he settled for Norman.

Nah there was no missing puzzle. Norman found out who Spidey was and killed his gf. After returning, he targeted Aunt May as well. The puzzle isn't solved by him now deciding to kill the mother of his children just cuz she loved Peter. All it does is just add more crazy to Norman's crazy list.

Making Gwen interested in Norman in the movies is just plain laughable.

YOU'RE NO FUN :frown:

Back
Top Bottom