ST. LOUIS - I'M HERE!

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

St.Louis has some grimey %%%@%+!. Yall probably know who im talking about.

Naaa....Not really...Nelly? Chingy? Ronald Eisley?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

there are alot of those around here bruh, too many to know who you are talking about.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

St.Louis has some grimey %%%@%+!. Yall probably know who im talking about.

Naaa....Not really...Nelly? Chingy? Ronald Eisley?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

there are alot of those around here bruh, too many to know who you are talking about.

Im talkin about the girls

not really new to niketalk, i've never posted on the forums though. I am from st.louis.. good to hear about the HOH coming!

Glad to see this thread here, saves me from making a new one. I have a phone interview coming up with Citigroup and the job is in St. Louis and it starts of at 35K. I live in Northern VA but have been looking for any excuse to get up and move somewhere else. My question is, would I be making enough to be able to live in St. Louis? What's the cost of living like out there? How's the subway system? Is a car a necessity? Would I be able to live in a decent neighborhood? How do you all like your city? Any/all information is welcome.

You`re lucky, i only check this thread every month or so because nobody ever posts............anyway.

Yes, 35k is enough to live in saint louis. the 1 BR apartments here range from $350-$450 in the hood and $500-$750 in the nicer parts of town or a loft downtown, which is where i just moved from. (which i hear is really cheap compared to other places in the US)

The bus system goes everywhere in the city and all of them end up at 1-2 metrolink (subway) stations.

I would say a car is a better option, but because everything is so close, the most it will ever take you to get anywhere is 45 min to an hour on the bus............in a car, everything is LITERALLY 15-20 minutes away.

I would get a car if i were you, especially being new to the city.

i like my city, but i was born here so im biased...........its pretty much what you make of it.

YO!
STL is in the NT house.
I'm 18 and live in Maryland Heights!
Pretty much the only sneaker spots around here are the Mills mall (Nike, FNL, Hibbett's Sports) and the typical FTL and Champ's sports at Chesterfield Mall and West County.
All time favorite though, WAS the (EX) Foot Locker (Outlet) by 70 and Zumbehl in St. Charles.
They used to have all sorts of stuff ranging from J's, to Lebrons, to Kobe's. Hell, I copped a pair of Del Sol Kobe V's for less than 50 with military discount.
Anyways.. they got robbed. People just walked in grabbed as many boxes as they could and just walked out.
Now-a-days, I barely find anything worth even looking at..
30t6p3b.gif

They still claim to be an outlet but I feel like they have full priced @#$!

And then.. there's always R.Sole at the Delmar Loop. They got some good stuff.. speaking of which, I gotta check it out again soon. Been a minute since I've been there.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by keebantot

YO!
STL is in the NT house.
Pretty much the only sneaker spots around here are the Mills mall (Nike, FNL, Hibbett's Sports) and the typical FTL and Champ's sports at Chesterfield Mall and West County.
All time favorite though, WAS the (EX) Foot Locker (Outlet) by 70 and Zumbehl in St. Charles.
They used to have all sorts of stuff ranging from J's, to Lebrons, to Kobe's. Hell, I copped a pair of Del Sol Kobe V's for less than 50 with military discount.
Anyways.. they got robbed. People just walked in grabbed as many boxes as they could and just walked out.
30t6p3b.gif

And then.. there's always R.Sole at the Delmar Loop. They got some good stuff.. speaking of which, I gotta check it out again soon. Been a minute since I've been there.
laugh.gif
Yes R. Sole is my favorite...
smile.gif

YO!
STL is in the NT house.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
dont sleep on martys and city gear (although much less)  they get everything also.

2 DTLR opening up in the stl area..........one in north county, the other in east saint louis where the old street legends used to be............cool i guess.

Anybody have a master list of all the spots in STL? I visit twice a year for family and it seems a lot like my hometown of Houston with only 1 or 2 mom & pop shops with the rest being typical mall stores. I'm not really looking for that futuristic ultra-modern hypebeast spots but more of the old school mom and pop athletic shops. R.Sole & The Shop place look too cool for me. I'm trying to get down with the deals.

there is one on grand and MLK in the city.........another on gravois in south city and one in north county off of west florissant and lucas and hunt.

there are a few others, but ive never been there and dont know where they are exactly........in Illinois i think.

there isnt much at all in west county/maryland heights area.

there is a store that sells SB dunks somewhere in west county, but i cant remember the name of the store.

Is Marty's and City Gear a shoe only store? Or what? And damn straight there's nothing in the west county/maryland heights area.. lol.

Is Marty's and City Gear a shoe only store? Or what? And damn straight there's nothing in the west county/maryland heights area.. lol.

clothing and shoes.......they have pretty decent stuff there too.

there is one on grand and MLK in the city.........another on gravois in south city and one in north county off of west florissant and lucas and hunt.

there are a few others, but ive never been there and dont know where they are exactly........in Illinois i think.

there is a store that sells SB dunks somewhere in west county, but i cant remember the name of the store.
that my sir is called SOKA

Originally Posted by AdrienneLos

that my sir is called SOKA
yup..........never been there though.

anyone scoop the concords in the LOU? I called every footlocker but they were only carrying kid sizes.

STL homies what's good? I'm from Belleville on the other side of the river. Anyone know of any sneaker events in the lou this year? Btw it's a shame but i can't say i know of very many people in this area that have that "blow you away" kind of sneaker collection. Anyway all STL homies hit my box with any questions about what stores are getting what or if you ever need anything locally.

Sup STL Sneakaheads!!! Been a minute since I came back to NikeTalk...good **** to be back!! I don't know everyone's username but I know some of y'all must have been in the lines at Fairview Heights HOH and been to the homie buddy sneaker king shoe contest @City Gear Overland!! Hmu if y'all was there showin heat despite the rain!!

Back
Top Bottom