Stanford swimmer sentenced to 6 months for rape.

The Stanford University swimming star convicted of raping an unconscious woman outside a fraternity party told his sentencing judge he was "shattered by the party culture" during his four-month stint as a student at the iconic school.

The Guardian obtained and published a section of Brock Turner’s full statement to Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky. Turner sought probation but last week received a six-month jail term that has been criticized as too lenient.

Turner, now 20, acknowledges he is the "sole proprietor of what happened" on the infamous January 2015 night. Most of the excerpt discusses the impact on him rather than his 23-year-old victim. He says his dreams are haunted by the physical and emotional damage he did to her.

"During the day, I shake uncontrollably from the amount I torment myself by thinking about what has happened," he says. "I can barely hold a conversation with someone without having my mind drift into thinking these thoughts. They torture me. I go to sleep every night having been crippled by these thoughts to the point of exhaustion."

Turner blames his "poor decisions" on binge drinking and "sexual promiscuity," which he in turn blames on peer pressure.

"I want to demolish the assumption that drinking and partying are what make up a college lifestyle," he says. "I made a mistake, I drank too much, and my decisions hurt someone. But I never ever meant to intentionally hurt (her)."

Turner says he never wants to drink again and pledges to never again get into legal trouble. He says he has lost reputation, his chance to graduate from Stanford and to swim in the Olympics. He says he wants to be "a voice of reason" when it comes to alcohol and is determined to prove he can be a "positive influence on society."

"There isn’t a second that has gone by where I haven’t regretted the course of events I took on January 17th/18th," Turner says. "My shell and core of who I am as a person is forever broken from this. I am a changed person."

Posting again petition to recall the punk *** judge who gave him the light sentence to go up to the California state house and senate.

Currently at 850,000 lets get it to a million
Somehow I can sign all these US petitions despite living in Belgium 
laugh.gif

I wonder how many of these votes come from outside of the US

Last edited:
I would assume not to many I live in Dubai and haven't hear much in terms of international news, I gave my us address though :lol:

And I'm giving you too much credit thinking you made it past the first sentence
Have a seat, famb-o.

So let me get this straight. Now your defense is other cases. Do you realize you are supporting what @LIONBLOOD said?

He said those instances aren't related with this and shouldn't even be mentioned. That you have issues. Yet you respond not about this case in which you obviously know few details about, but about other cases, so you actually end up proving his point :lol:

Which is why I was clowning that dumb logic in the first place. You're brilliant :lol:

Last edited:
I would assume not to many I live in Dubai and haven't hear much in terms of international news, I gave my us address though
laugh.gif
I'm assuming this petition is also making rounds on Reddit, which hosts a lot of users from all over the world.

Most of these petitions allow me to select Belgium as my country/address and still sign 
laugh.gif

Technically I could use my VPN and sign a petition 400 times if I wanted to. Seems a bit odd to allow international signing.

Last edited:
“I want him to be punished, but as a human, I just want him to get better,” the victim said, according to the probation officer’s report. “I don’t want him to feel like his life is over and I don’t want him to rot away in jail; he doesn’t need to be behind bars.”
The victim interviewed by a police officer during the investigation...

i heard someone say that if he ever has children he can never drop them off at school.

i wonder what are the things that come with having that charge.

apparently now he lied to the judge about using drugs.

Last edited:
I think what's stopping conversation progression is that people are ADAMANT about hearing nothing but "he's guilty. he's a rapist. go to jail." And if you're not saying that, you're condoning it

The fact is there is a lot of grey area in some of these situations .

Merely pointing that out does not make you a rape apologist.

I like the idea of your comment because I do want to see the convo expand. I think the facts of this case make it difficult to be a catalyst for that tho.

For example, I am under the assumption that if Brock Turner was black and he got a lenient sentence, we would be able to discuss those grey areas a little more. Tweak a few things in a given scenario, and in a strange turn of events, I could see a benefit of the doubt given and more critical analysis allowed. At least from the brothers in this thread.

Not to say we would give him a straight up pass or anything like that. But we could at least allow somebody to present a contrary opinion.

Crazy how corrupt this system is. I know it's been that way for years, but it's alarming at times.

This sentence is basically a giant middle finger to rape victims everywhere.

i heard someone say that if he ever has children he can never drop them off at school.

i wonder what are the things that come with having that charge.

apparently now he lied to the judge about using drugs.
Not sure how it is wherever he is, but around here sex offenders literally live in the boondocks.  They can't be within so many hundreds of feet of residences that house children, daycares, schools, etc., which rules out city living.

A lot of them end up living near one another outside of city limits where it's less occupied.  There was some random motel around here that was just far enough away from anything kid related to make it a sex offender haven.  Like literally every resident was one and everyone knew it.  It got bulldozed eventually, which makes me wonder where all those creeps went. 
mean.gif

I make it a habit of doing a sex offender search in my area every few months.  Gotta know who to watch out for.  

I just read excerpts from Leslies letter. It sounds like she's saying if two people are stupid enough to get black-out drunk, and neither is aware of what they're doing while inebriated, why should one party be held more accountable than the other. I'll go back and read it in its entirety.

Clearly she has bias, but I'm interested in hearing all angles regarding this situation. This case may lead to re-writing of law books.

Last edited:
I intentionally avoided the letters...but...
"I don't think it's fair to base the fate of the next 10+ years of his life on the decision of a girl who doesn't remember anything but the amount she drank to press charges against him," her letter read. "I think it is disgusting and I am so sick of hearing that these young men are monsters when really, you are throwing barely twenty-somethings into these camp-like university environments, supporting partying, and then your mind is blown when things get out of hand."
sick.gif

Not sure how it is wherever he is, but around here sex offenders literally live in the boondocks.  They can't be within so many hundreds of feet of residences that house children, daycares, schools, etc., which rules out city living.

A lot of them end up living near one another outside of city limits where it's less occupied.  There was some random motel around here that was just far enough away from anything kid related to make it a sex offender haven.  Like literally every resident was one and everyone knew it.  It got bulldozed eventually, which makes me wonder where all those creeps went. :smh:

I make it a habit of doing a sex offender search in my area every few months.  Gotta know who to watch out for.  

megan's law...

Back
Top Bottom