The Phantom Menace: A-

The Attack of the Clones: A-

Revenge of the Sith: A-

The Force Awakens: A

Rogue One: A

The Last Jedi: A

Solo: A-

The Rise of Skywalker: B+

A B+ will net you a 2.6 multiplier at best. TLJ is looking at 190 mil OW AT BEST. So this movie at it absolute best is doing 550 mil domestic. Stark contrast from TFA which did over a billion domestically alone. Combine this jarring news with Episode 9 doing worse in every major region right now than TLJ and this film grossing and a billion officially becomes a question mark...

Screenshot_20191221-092950.png

So far so good.

Next weekend will drop to 100+ Mil, standard 50-60% drop. Then however many weeks from there.

But it's going over a billion, just as I said it would.
not one person I’m pretty sure said it wouldn’t. A billion is not really much these days. It’s actually the standard. I question if it would catch The lion king

Last edited:
Cuz he's the grandson of Mace Windu and was like **** yall I need my own solo movies if you really want to get in to the depths of my character.
Yeah I got that he was force sensitive, and maybe so were some of the other storm troopers like some of the kids they rounded up were force sensitive whether the first order knew or not. Cool concept but they've treated Finn's character so poorly, not sure anyone's interested at this point. Son gon get trained up to be a master jedi only to still be pining behind REEEEY!

Attack and Phantom are just straight up incompetently made, the dialogue is like middle school fan fiction quality the CGI is barley above Xbox level, the plotting is trash ect ect.

This is very true, those 2 you described were absolutely horrible and aren't worth a rewatch. The Revenge of the Sith wasn't spectacular by any means but far better than those two.

also disney all about animation so why dont they make an animated movie trilogy set inbetween return of jedi and force awakens? that way we can see how luke became a coward and why han and leia divorced

and what the **** happened to the ewoks. did wicket ever smash leia?

Alright everyone, saw this yesterday morning for an office event. Went in with low expectations and came out of the theatre barely remembering what the heck I watched - probably didn't help that I went out for a few rounds the night before. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Movie was on some Fast and Furious with National Treasure type nonsense, mind numbingly dumb - at this point I would welcome a one shot FnF x Star Wars crossover. FWIW, Domenic Torreto and the 'family' have better character development than these 'new trilogy' cats.

- Movie was dark AF in way too many scenes, could barely tell what the heck was going on.
- What were the purpose of Jana and the masked bird or even Rose for that matter? Just to dispel some whack rumours about Poe & Finn being chi-chi mans? With the sheer amount of luck that the heroes were having, they could've accomplished their objectives without those three ladies being present.
- Force powers/sensitivity = mutant/superpower??? (at least this is what it seemed they were going for).
- Emperor shooting out an EMP that selectively only targets the Rebel fleet. :lol::lol::lol:
- Final Order fleet with some BS planet killer cannons yet they run on a damn hive mind. :lol::lol::lol:
- Final Order running the exact same flawed ship design for what must be at least 100+ years. ZERO innovation, except they in some 'Midnight/Blacked-out Edition' type paint scheme from the big 3 American manufacturers.
- Red Stormtroopers on a blacked out ship so they can be spotted easily. When the horses started running on the ship our theatre broke out in laughter. :lol::lol::lol:
- Leia scenes were not that great, should've had her pass away in the second movie when the bridge blew out and have had Luke be the focal of this third film. Her tone, emotion etc... were not present.
- Romance between Kylo and Rey should've been explored in more detail in the second film tbh, unless it's implied that they've been in contact with each other (off screen) for the past year.
- The Knights of Ren were fodder as predicted by C CP1708 .

Overall this was standard JJ Abrams nonsense like Star Trek: Into Darkness and Star Trek: Beyond. Critics actually scored this movie accurately for a change or Disney didn't want to pay them $$$ for the blatant shill reviews.

I've let the film digest for 36 hours or so, and I'm happy about this movie. Low expectations, good payout. Obvs some complaints, already covered ad nauseam in here, but on the whole I was happy with it. Better than TLJ and, idk, maybe on par with TFA. Better than any prequel films and lacking behind OT. The story's cohesiveness was lacking, but I'm happy the main characters actually stayed together for the most part. Good to see Finn not be a huge waste, but would have also liked to see him wield a lightsaber one more time. Kylo's story was predictable, but needed for the overall arc. Rey being a Palp was... okay? I get why they chose that direction but it could have worked if she werent a "legacy" bloodline. Disney choosing to say 'you make your own legacy' compared to what would have otherwise been the message from TLJ was fine.

Could have used more sith fighting though.

Finn should have been the love interest.

Oh so we starting the movie like this? No mystery at all. Just flat out revealing Sidious off rip and then telling everybody.

Last chance Rose :rofl: :rofl: JJ ****ting on Rian.

Overall this was standard JJ Abrams nonsense like Star Trek: Into Darkness and Star Trek: Beyond. Critics actually scored this movie accurately for a change or Disney didn't want to pay them $$$ for the blatant shill reviews.
JJ Abrams didn't direct Star Trek Beyond and it was much closer to a ST movie than the rest.

Fun movie. Seem like everyone in the audience were enjoying it. Nothing mind blowing but i did not expect that coming into the movie

2019 was one helluva year for disney

I knew I couldn’t be the only one figuring out the difference between a wayfinder and a Holocron :lol:

I mean, I took it as a wayfinder is needed for navigational purposes while a holocron is where the Jedi/Sith secrets are stored.

You don’t use a memory card to show you where true north is. I didn’t think it was confusing at all:lol:

I mean, I took it as a wayfinder is needed for navigational purposes while a holocron is where the Jedi/Sith secrets are stored.

You don’t use a memory card to show you where true north is. I didn’t think it was confusing at all:lol:
Some Holocrons were used to as navigation in finding Jedi’s tho. Similar to a wayfinder/GPS.

I'm of the camp that didn't hate The Last Jedi as much as most of the people in here, I was completely on board if that was the direction they wanted to take Star Wars. Give us something different and new and whatever Rian did... but you just knew they were going to walk that back... SPRINT that back, as soon as JJ returned to the helm. The first act was absurdly rushed, not a moment to breathe, the stakes didn't feel real with all of the death fakeouts, and the audible groan from half the audience with the kiss at the end was so uncomfortable.

There was some good stuff in here, probably more than in TFA just because that was such a trip down memory lane. JJ just felt like he missed so many moments in this one that should have hit harder, and some of that is on the franchise and Lucasfilm for not setting this story up right to have those emotional payoffs in the way of the MCU, but it's also on JJ with the way he tells a story not just narratively but visually. I think this could have been a very similar movie in the hands of a lot of different directors if they said "Wrap this up" and that's a shame. The biggest frustration is the lack of a plan and vision but we all knew that after the last one so I'm not too upset. I'd probably put this somewhere in the 70ish/100 range but I'll need to think on it more. They did hit some of the marks they needed and if we love this franchise and these characters, some of those moments would have hit well and they did, but I think that's just the nature of the history of the saga as well as John Williams' score.

Back
Top Bottom