Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so we can has an overpowering white female character but we cant has an interracial love story or a black, latino, indian, or asian jedi?

did walt disney racist *** leave a do’s and dont’s after i die list?

so we can has an overpowering white female character but we cant has an interracial love story or a black, latino, indian, or asian jedi?

did walt disney racist *** leave a do’s and dont’s after i die list?
did you purposefully use has and not have?
Coming from a casual fan. Star Wars has never been about the Love Story. What would have been the point of forcing the Finn x Rey thing?
even what we saw in the film wasn't a love thing more of a unbreakable connection thing

Trying to avoid spoilers but is this worth it in 2d IMAX

How much is in full aspect ratio?
I saw it regular and it still hit hard. I wouldn't spend the money on IMAX unless you're one of those movie people who need to see it like that. regular still had the fights, explosions sound i needed. I'm also getting old so that big of screen and sound isn't for me anymore

Coming from a casual fan. Star Wars has never been about the Love Story. What would have been the point of forcing the Finn x Rey thing?
even what we saw in the film wasn't a love thing more of a unbreakable connection thing
you a casual fan tho star wars has always had some sort of love story to it

han and leia

anakin and padme

jyn and that guy with an accent

kanan and the twilek woman

they tried to create that with rey and kylo in the last jedi. thank god rian didnt do rise of skywalker cuz he would of had them force ****ing!

Kanye Shrug,

I don't see the problem.
didn't make the movie any less entertaining because we didn't see finn and rey share a kiss.
not like we were there waiting for a sex scene or anything

Star Wars Episode IX: Rise of Skywalker 5.6/8

Saw it in Dolby in Lincoln center AMC. Sound Damn near made it feel like 4DX :lol:

Ok so off bat I feel this was easily better than The Last Jedi. Luckily for me JJ had to spend more time fixing what Rian ****ed up and squandered and not as much time trying to rehash all of Return of the Jedi. I have no doubt things would be different if it weren't for TLJ

No character felt wasted, none of the poorly written characters got enough spotlight to continue to be poorly written, there were no lame subplots with bull **** meaningless messages to them. Pretty much the main characters were treated like they were suppose to be treated in a movie that is the end of the trilogy and also as if they got meaningful character development in the previous movie (even though NONE of them got that).

The movie didn't seem rushed or crammed with details or action like some have claimed to me. To me it felt just like TLJ in that regard in that it picked up where it left off just with some time passing implied. I read someone saying there was no down periods or slow moments for a bathroom break but to me that was easily the beginning of the movie after the Palpatine reveal and the Poe, Rey, Finn reintroductions when they go that first sand planet with the festival happening. The movie is just an adventure along the way with one task to another on multiple planets ending in the final battle.

What I didnt like about this movie was Palpatine's reveal, which was what was rushed and shoved in the viewer's face to accept and move on from. It was like checking off plot points.

The supporting cast of women in this were wasted. Poe's old flame kinda not needed a doesnt add much. Shorty who was also a former stormtrooper connecting with Finn. I get what JJ is trying to do but this is character connections/developments that should've showed up in episode VIII.

If JJ wanted Finn to be force sensitive he should've made it abundantly clear in TFA. In the 2nd half of this movie it was wild obvious Finn was force sensitive :lol: Fam out here sensing where Rey is, sensing the navigating thing the final order fleet needed, sensed it was on another ship, sensed he needed to stay on the ship and take out the control room. No different than when Rey sensed Chewie was alive or Ben sensing where Rey was just in a bit more detail. It was like he was reading the script during the battle. It wasnt much but it was emphasized more cuz when you think about the parallels, Finn is the Leia of the group with the whole usefulness and force sensitive angle.

That forced Rey and Ben kiss. Handled tentatively up to that point. Should've just had them embrace with a hug. Such a terrible pairing. My audience laughed during that scene. They felt the cringe and awkwardness of it all. Then a gasp when Ben disappeared :lol:

Should've let my man Sidious fight Rey. He was back in his old age prime.

Didn't care much for the Leia stuff or Luke other than ****ting on TLJ. The Han and Ben scene was w/e. These are the things I never cared about and won't bother me. I'm just happy Ben is dead dead.

Unlike many of you I don't care much about Luke or the Skywalker legacy so none of that bothered me. It was just the poor decision making by character and for the story by writers/directors and then the even worse execution.

Anyway gotta give props to JJ cuz the movie accomplished enough to make it in my top 5 SW movies not that it was particularly hard to do

Last edited:
"This mission has to work or everything weve done woulda been for nothing"

Translate:

"This FILM has to work or everything weve done woulda been for nothing"

Only thing that would've been more random and unwanted in this movie than the Ben and Rey kiss would be a Finn and Rey romance or kiss.

There was no chemistry here unlike with Han and Leia, and Anakin and Padme were so wooden they matched. Never been love triangles like that other than the one Han made up in his head.

Last edited:
Only thing i hated about this movie, and the other 2 movies, was Fin *** yelling REEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY NOOOOOOOOOO REYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MF shes basically the most powerful person in the universe...................Shut the hell up already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday with a lower gross than Friday. Unheard of for a major blockbuster, especially a Star Wars film in the 21st century. Where analysts had opening weekend at 192-195mil we’re now looking at a 175-178 mil opening weekend.....

Developing.

Only thing that would've been more random and unwanted in this movie would be a Finn and Rey romance or kiss.

There was no chemistry here unlike with Han and Leia and Anakin and Padme were so wooden they matched. Never been love triangles like that other than the one Han made up in his head.
this is basically (as a casual fan) i was trying to tell @nobelkane.
rey the last 3 movies seemed oblivious to finns affection for her. she was never for that. it was always friendzone city for him.
so why force a romance the last movie last 30 mins of the film.
especially when the ben rey thing had been kinda building they were kindred spirits or whatever

I feel like Star Wars has always been partially a love story.

I feel like Star Wars has always been partially a love story.
again im a casual who didnt watch the OG trilogy umtil like 4 years ago.
i watched ep 1 2 3 first and i just didnt get that. then when i watched 4 5 6. it was just like ok things make more sense to me. like i said maybe its just me. i never deep dived into the movies never seen them more than once. just watched enjoyed kept it moving

tumblr_p5qsdvKQ6Z1uyevwpo3_1280.gif

Star-Wars-Last-Jedi-Luke-Wrong-Gif.gif

Only thing that would've been more random and unwanted in this movie would be a Finn and Rey romance or kiss.

There was no chemistry here unlike with Han and Leia and Anakin and Padme were so wooden they matched. Never been love triangles like that other than the one Han made up in his head.

Poe & Zorii Bliss had way more chemistry in the 5 minutes of total interaction than Finn and Rey had in the entire trilogy. Friendzone Finn was never gonna be it.

Rian Johnson is on the right side of history

and in the sweep of history no one will want the shame of being a Rise of Skywalker supporter.

No, he’ll forever be the ire of fans for this ST. He took the franchise to a place that it couldn’t recover from. JJ at the least has TFA on his side. Rehash or not, the potential was sky high after its release. Rian had caught the oop at its highest peak and missed the dunk (Street Vol. 3 reference)

Back
Top Bottom