Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, he’ll forever be the ire of fans for this ST. He took the franchise to a place that it couldn’t recover from. JJ at the least has TFA on his side. Rehash or not, the potential was sky high after its release. Rian had caught the oop at its highest peak and missed the dunk (Street Vol. 3 reference)

The fanboys are over grown children who never moved past petulant prepubesce, I don't really care what they think.

The critical consensus is already forming, The Last Jedi is the only ambitious and interesting film in the new trilogy.

And the gap between Rian and JJs work is only going to grow, years and years from now amongst adult humans who actually like interesting story telling.it will be common knowledge that The Last Jedi and Rian Johnson was correct....about EVERYTHING.

The fanboys are over grown children who never moved past petulant prepubesce, I don't really care what they think.

The critical consensus is already forming, The Last Jedi is the only ambitious and interesting film in the new trilogy.

And the gap between Rian and JJs work is only going to grow, years and years from now amongst adult humans who actually like interesting story telling.it will be common knowledge that The Last Jedi and Rian Johnson was correct....about EVERYTHING.

And dismissing the fanboys is exactly why this ST will be looked at as a failure

Poe & Zorii Bliss had way more chemistry in the 5 minutes of total interaction than Finn and Rey had in the entire trilogy. Friendzone Finn was never gonna be it.
Especially that interaction between them at the very end. No dialogue needed.

Liked this movie way better than TLJ, but that's not saying much. Overall this new trilogy was a major disappointment. It's evident there was no plan for these movies. And I remember saying from day 1 when Disney brought SW that it was going to turn out bad. Shame though......... these movies had sooo much potential.

There is some emotions in this thread right now. Personally I like the movie but see it’s faults as with the trilogy as a whole not one movie flowed from one movie to the next.

Last edited:
175 isn't great, but 375 WW still is. Key is it will need a strong 2nd week and it will be fine. (Drops are usually 50-60%) Just need to slightly better that.

It'll still get to a bili, if TLJ got 1.3 and this one has better word of mouth, it'll get there.

The movie will get to a billion. You have Christmas and nothing really coming out to challenge it. I say it tops the joker falls behind frozen 2

This post I’m going to catch a lot of heat for but: Fin played by Jon Boyega to me was such annoying character in this last trilogy

Finn is a poorly handled character. Boyega and our representation deserved better. Also not even sure why they needed to have him force that kinda goofy fake American John Wayne-esque accent instead of his natural one like everyone else. Son was a great leader/fighter in Attack the block, all they had to do was copy that character.

The Bounty Hunter from the Mandalorian gives his review

jake-1576967361.jpg

jake-cannavale-1576967496.jpg

this is basically (as a casual fan) i was trying to tell @nobelkane.
rey the last 3 movies seemed oblivious to finns affection for her. she was never for that. it was always friendzone city for him.
so why force a romance the last movie last 30 mins of the film.
especially when the ben rey thing had been kinda building they were kindred spirits or whatever
Dont get me wrong. If they had actually made Finn an actual character with any autonomy or agency it would make more sense to have hints of a pairing like they've done in most SW movies.

Rian Johnson is on the right side of history

and in the sweep of history no one will want the shame of being a Rise of Skywalker supporter.
I wish he was made to conclude this trilogy just so you could see how worse it would've been than TROS.

Last edited:
Poe & Zorii Bliss had way more chemistry in the 5 minutes of total interaction than Finn and Rey had in the entire trilogy. Friendzone Finn was never gonna be it.
And we barely saw her face for the ENTIRE MOVIE

:lol:

For any chance at redemption for the Finn character he's gonna need a full revamp head to toe. I'm talking a scar maybe cut off his hand, an eye patch, an intimidating helmet a la Vader/Mandalorian/Kylo.

Really flesh out the character. Cuz they today failed with the good premise of stormtrooper turned rebel.

Ambitious? :rofl:

What was ambitious? What was interesting? TLJ was bad storytelling.

You can only make those claims if he had brought something risky to the franchise never before seen there. All Rian did was subtract from the story. Subverting expectations only works if what you do end up delivering pans out. Its why I wish he directed this so he could be revealed for the fraud he is. Why do you think the original director for episode IX left? :lol:

Rian didn't develop any single character and added zero plot developments to the story. You can almost watch TFA and then ROS with no problems other than wondering about Luke's and Snoke's deaths.

What he did with Kylo (and Rey) demonstratively uninteresting. What he did with Finn? Wild lame. What he did with Poe? Boring.

The entire movie is great visuals and relying on the unexpected early killing of Snoke.

why is it that the people who dont like the movies always have valid points to point to for their disdain?

yet the people who love the movies always have to resort to name calling?

you guys sounding real funny in your quest to protect your beloved movie

Back
Top Bottom