Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was a damn shame they didn’t let Mark do anything in 7 but stand on a rock while all his peoples died over a decade long period.

JJ couldn’t give Han/Luke/Leia even one scene together before killing Han off 🤔
Dammit. Still annoyed about that.

Yeah the whole kill off the old guard one by one didn't mesh well with the lets make Luke sort of like Yoda angle.

Luke lived like Obi Wan, and died like Yoda (and Obi Wan for that matter) Vader didn't disappear into the Force. Qui-Gon didn't. None of the other Order 66 Jedi did.

Obi Wan and Yoda got their a$$es kicked and went into hiding for two decades. Luke lost his rebuilt Order, and went into hiding as well. I mean.....

He came back to fight in the most powerful way you could imagine, really, the ONLY way he could, because I'm sorry, he wasn't going to be able to take down the whole garrison Kylo had with him. He bought them time, and that's it. The 65 year old ACTOR wasn't going to be able to do anything crazy, they could have hired a stuntman to do a bunch of Maul like moves, but we all know that would have been pointless.

Shrugs. I thought he was handled well, outside of the weird milk thing. :lol:

His teachings, his lessons, his convo with Yoda about the books etc, his loss of Kylo from the "different points of view" I mean.......all of that was fine. I don't know why people walked in expecting old man Hamill to run rampant thru the New Order and demolish everyone and everything. Have we EVER seen a single Jedi do anything remotely like that?

Across 10 films, the most aggressive, bad *** thing we've seen is a 90 second clip from Vader killing nobodies. Maul got cut in half by a padawan, Qui-Gon got got, Vader lost, Anakin lost, Yoda fought an 82 year old actor who just swung a light in front of his face from side to side......I just don't understand how everyone EXPECTED Luke to be some sort of ninja bad ***.
(Actually, I guess Luke in RotJ rescuing Han was one of the baddest moments we've seen from a Jedi)

The scene in Mando was awesome, and really really really fake af. He killed some droids, ala Vader in Rogue One, digitized his face, and then shot from the neck down multiple times. :lol:

I'm perfectly fine with how they handled Luke in the sequel films. Would I have enjoyed seein him cuttin Sith down? Sure. Could they have done that? Nooooooo. And I understood that and welcomed the way they went. It ties in perfectly with Obi-Wan and Yoda, his teachers.

Nah they copped out with old Luke, he should have been doing alot more than fight as an illusion and die off because of it. Even Yoda did more at an old age. They could have just put a young stuntman with old man make-up with light CGI.

Even Yoda did more at an old age.

They could have just put a young stuntman with old man make-up with light CGI.

Yoda, a special effect........ :lol:

And let's fake out the audience with a stuntman doin ridiculous **** for a 65 year old.

I'm sorry, I don't see what y'all want. Kylo actor/stunt double, ok. Old man Luke, sorry, I don't see it.
Maybe it's because I wasn't obsessed with Luke like some of y'all. Or the fact I've read about his exploits for 20+ years and have been completely satisfied with those. Even in those books, I was starting to wonder how he could be doin things like this at 65-70. But I went with it given how far advanced he was.

Yoda, a special effect........ :lol:

And let's fake out the audience with a stuntman doin ridiculous **** for a 65 year old.

I'm sorry, I don't see what y'all want. Kylo actor/stunt double, ok. Old man Luke, sorry, I don't see it.
Maybe it's because I wasn't obsessed with Luke like some of y'all. Or the fact I've read about his exploits for 20+ years and have been completely satisfied with those. Even in those books, I was starting to wonder how he could be doin things like this at 65-70. But I went with it given how far advanced he was.
They're Jedi man, Palpatine spun in the ****ing air against multiple Jedi and fought Yoda and Dooku was sharp while fighting.

Last edited:
I always tell people, shows like Cobra Kai and even the Creed movies show it's not rocket science when people in charge don't try to outsmart the core fans by "subverting expectations" and just tell a story with new characters by still respecting the old ones. You can like or hate the movie, I've given up on that discussion. But Luke could've and "should've" been handled better.

Han was still Han and Leia was still Leia. But you can't defend Jake Skywalker wasn't trash and a waste. Now, you don't need to be spoonfed everything but if you also need multiple hour long videos on Youtube trying to justify to you that he's the same character, then that's whack.

Hell, Boba Fett WAS Boba Fett in Mando season 2. He doesn't do **** in the entire OT but nobody was saying that's not Boba Fett:lol:
exactly

Christopher Lee did more in attack of the clones and he was older then Mark was when The last jedi came out
exactly.

palpatine too

its called stunt doubles

but hey lets believe 60 year old boba fett can still be a bad *** after being chewed up in the sarlac pit and wash everyone with a tree branch gun in the mandolarian😂

you cant be a hypocrite on things. its either one way or the other.

Last edited:
Was a damn shame they didn’t let Mark do anything in 7 but stand on a rock while all his peoples died over a decade long period.

JJ couldn’t give Han/Luke/Leia even one scene together before killing Han off 🤔

these fools had luke just let his sister take on the first order by herself. his own damn sister. that made absolutely. no damn sense

Yeah the old man excuse is never going to cut it with me.

Across 10 films, the most aggressive, bad *** thing we've seen is a 90 second clip from Vader killing nobodies. Maul got cut in half by a padawan, Qui-Gon got got, Vader lost, Anakin lost, Yoda fought an 82 year old actor who just swung a light in front of his face from side to side......I just don't understand how everyone EXPECTED Luke to be some sort of ninja bad ***.
(Actually, I guess Luke in RotJ rescuing Han was one of the baddest moments we've seen from a Jedi)
This does sum up why the Jedi are whack from an action point of view. Seems like they could never get it right from an all out battle situation and they literally use swords as weapons.

Also sums up why Star Wars never completely hit for me like that.

Yeah the old man excuse is never going to cut it with me.

This does sum up why the Jedi are whack from an action point of view. Seems like they could never get it right from an all out battle situation and they literally use swords as weapons.

Also sums up why Star Wars never completely hit for me like that.

Kinda why I so badly want, forget all this and go back to Old Republic, and let's do Jedi v Sith ALL OUT war. And if you feel you need it, throw the Mandalorians in the mix to boot.

Stop with the sensitive Jedi, and feel your feelings and all that, let's get physical. :lol:

obi wan was in his 60’s facing vader who was an old fat guy in his 50’s and the most feared man in the star wars galaxy.

80 year old dooku was washing young anakin and prime obi wan at the same time.

the star wars universe is not the franchise you want to make the excuse that old guys cant look like bad asses. thats why they hire stunt doubles.

most actors in movies dont perform their own stunts.

every actor isnt jackie chan. you know the 66 year old thats gonna star in rush hour 4?

just finished the mando season 2.

these guys should have handled the sequel trilogy

season 2 was excellent

really didnt like them bringing back boba fett but hey everyone from the old band is coming back alive so its whatever.

sasha banks character was worthless

luke pretty much was the reason the empire fell so how on earth did nobody in that cockpit know who he was? 🤦🏽‍♂️

just finished the mando season 2.

these guys should have handled the sequel trilogy

season 2 was excellent

really didnt like them bringing back boba fett but hey everyone from the old band is coming back alive so its whatever.

sasha banks character was worthless

luke pretty much was the reason the empire fell so how on earth did nobody in that cockpit know who he was? 🤦🏽‍♂️
Most of them are from the outer rim I believe so, thats probably why they never knew about him.

Kinda why I so badly want, forget all this and go back to Old Republic, and let's do Jedi v Sith ALL OUT war. And if you feel you need it, throw the Mandalorians in the mix to boot.

Stop with the sensitive Jedi, and feel your feelings and all that, let's get physical. :lol:
Revan and Darth Nihilus on the big screen would be ****ing wild. :wow:

28664492dea94292b27f71cc443c2b40_2GY9ZjY_2_original.jpeg

time to bring in this new year right

Most of them are from the outer rim I believe so, thats probably why they never knew about him.

even if they had heard of him Its most likely they have no idea what he looks like, it's not like he's doing media appearances.
they obviously knew he was jedi. (Din was probably most confused since he had only found out about the Jedi recently)

Back
Top Bottom