Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But considering the ambitious plan that Disney supposedly has for this exalted franchise, you might think some executives think it is. According to reports first published yesterday, Disney chief Robert Iger has hatched a plan to release the next three Star Wars movies – plus at least two spinoffs – over a six-year period, starting with Star Wars: Episode VII in 2015.

5 movies in 6 years. :lol: :lol: :pimp:

They absolutely have to use the EU if they want to pull that off. If they try to produce 5 brand new films from absolute scratch, they are beyond stupid.

They have to start branching out writers/driectors right now, get them all on the same page, but all working on separate projects to pull this off correctly. Just like what they've done with the Marvel universe, all diff directors pitching in, but all working "together" to get their stories fleshed out perfectly.

:smokin
Don't care what they do with the rest of the movies as long as I get a Knights of the old Republic adaption. Kotor is what made me a huge Star Wars fan.

I have a feeling we'll be getting things like Star Wars Orgins: Han Solo/Ben Kenobi or Star Wars: Bounty Hunters with these first spin offs though.

770 days :smokin

Last edited:
Absolutely agree a KOTOR needs to happen. 2-3 movies at least, and that would be freaking fantastic.

There's so much out there, they could do a new movie every year for 4 decades. :lol: :pimp:

My Blu Ray Collection from Disney/Marvel is going to be stupid, just stupid. :smh: :lol:

Haven't seen this thread bumped in a while. Lucas & his wife had his first biological child apprx 4 months ago. He has other children (in there 20s & 30s) but they were adopted.

:lol: Not sure if a twin was secretly born & hidden on the other side of the planet... Lucas is 69. He'll be 87 when she turns 18... :rolleyes

View media item 722972

I also like this idea for light switch plate...

View media item 722990

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-...lph-mcquarrie-the-inquisitor-and-rose-parade/

Star Wars Bits: Boba Fett Spin Off Written By Lawrence Kasdan; Plus Ralph McQuarrie, The Inquisitor and Rose Parade
Posted on Friday, January 3rd, 2014 by Germain Lussier

View media item 724715
The Star Wars spinoff written by Lawrence Kasdan is, in fact, a Boba Fett movie. So says Hollywood director and animator Jon Schnepp. Read about that, and the following, in this edition of Star Wars Bits.

• Get a good look at the Star Wars Rebels villain The Inquisitor via his toy.
  • Watch Star Wars highlights from the Tournament of Roses parade.
  • Read about the upcoming Random House book Maul Lockdown.
  • Sideshow Collectibles reveals Star Wars toy designs by Ralph McQuarrie.

Rumors have swirled for months that one of the two Star Wars spinoff movies, written by Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg and scheduled for release in 2016 and 2018, will be about Boba Fett. Now Jon Schnepp, best known for his work on The Venture Bros. and Metalocalypse, tells AMC Movie Talk he knows, for a fact, the Kasdan film is Boba Fett.

"One of them is Boba Fett. It is. I know. I know for a fact. I will never reveal my source, but it is the one written by Lawrence Kasdan."

It’s 100% plausible Schnepp would have a good source on this. He worked with Cartoon Network, which aired The Clone Wars, for years, so he surely has some friends on the inside. The quote comes up at 4:10 into this clip. Thanks to AMC via JediNews for the heads up.

The official Star Wars website didn’t break any major news over the holiday break. Instead they kept it simple, revealing the toy for The Inquisitor, the main bad guy in this year’s Star Wars Rebels.

Watching Episode IV right now, Darth Vader's voice is anything but legendary. A disappointment for his character :smh:

Last edited:
Report from The Hollywood Reporter. These guys revealed Abrams as director the day before he was announced and they're probably the most trusted rumor site out there.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/23222

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Abrams has met with X-Men star Michael Fassbender for an unspecified role, while Lord of the Rings and Matrix veteran Hugo Weaving is in the mix to play "an Imperial commander."

Another actor Abrams is said to be interested in for an unspecified role is Girls cast member Adam Driver, who was most recently linked with the role of Nightwing in Batman vs. Superman.
Even more interesting is the claim that "Abrams and Lucasfilm are now searching for a 20-something female actress who is either of mixed race or black. The rumor is that Obi-Wan Kenobi had a daughter or granddaughter."

And from the sounds of it, there's been quite a bit of behind the scenes drama on Episode VII that led to Oscar-winning screenwriter Michael Arndt parting ways with the project last fall. Even the counsel of former Lucasfilm boss George Lucas was said to have been sought. From THR:
"Arndt is said to have focused on the offspring of Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), Han Solo (Harrison Ford) and Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher), with the original trilogy heroes taking on supporting roles. Abrams, however, wanted Episode VII to focus on the classic trio of characters, so audiences could have one more chance to enjoy them before a fitting send-off. The new characters, the offspring, will now be in supporting roles, according to these sources, and take center stage in Episode VIII and IX. Some characters have disappeared from the Arndt script and new ones are being drafted.
So with Abrams and Kasdan now overhauling the script, that means many of the actors who had met and auditioned have been nixed for various reasons. For example, one actor who met with Abrams in the fall before the overhaul was Mud breakout star Tye Sheridan. But sources say that at this stage, there is no need for such young actors and thus Sheridan will not be involved. In another case, one part that was initially conceived as a 20-year old male is now being rewritten to be a 40-year old.

The 40-year-old character is one we've heard about before when rumors spread that Abrams and Co. wanted a Matt Damon in Elysium-type. Could that be the role that Fassbender, 36, is said to have met with Abrams about in December?

:smokin Obi Wan with a granddaughter tho :lol:?

Last edited:
Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut. 

ohwell.gif

Thrawn for Fassbender? :nerd:

Was about to tell you to just let the EU go :lol: , but someone from Latino Review just hinted that Hugo Weaving might have at one point been Thrawn :wow: :wow: :wow:

"@JaySway52: @Latinoreview @THR Is he a Grand Admiral?"

"@Latinoreview: @JaySway52 yes"

"@JaySway52: @Latinoreview Interesting. Not Grand Admiral Thrawn by any chance? Existing EU was said to be erased in new trilogy."

"@Latinoreview: @JaySway52 that was then they might have changed their minds now that Arndt is out."

Last edited:
I dunno about Hugo as Thrawn. I love Hugo, but that might stretch it to be Thrawn, that's why I was hopin Fassbender would get it.

Either way, as long as we have Thrawn, the hope shall be restored. :pimp:

they have sources claiming that Kasdan is also working on the Boba Fett spinoff (which we heard before) and that his pitch involves a drastically changing the title character.

Kasdan’s (rumored) idea of a Boba Fett solo feature has the iconic character killed off quickly and another, new character taking the armor and weapons (and name) and suiting up. The screenwriter apparently isn’t a fan of the clones story arc from the prequel trilogy and wants no Jango Fett (Boba’s father) clones involved.

I'd seriously punch that ************ if he told me that bs.

Why in the blue hell would you bring someone back to life for a new movie franchise, to then kill him again?

What kind of ******g moronic idea is that?

As far as the casual fan knows, Fett WAS dead already, they have no idea he's really alive. So now you bring him back like nothing, to then do it once again? Get the **** outta here. :smh: :stoneface:

To me fett has and always will be dead in one of the funniest death scenes EVER lol

Never understood why people wanted that **** to live so bad

To me fett has and always will be dead in one of the funniest death scenes EVER lol

Never understood why people wanted that **** to live so bad

If you're referring to episode VI, he doesn't die there. Expanded Universe has his escaping the sarlac after he falls in.

Trust me, it's better than he wasn't. He was done great justice in the EU compared to what they did to him during the movies. :smh:

Ive only followed him in the movies and the prequels made me hate him because the little boy they got to play him had a face you just wanted to slap lol

Don't believe that Boba rumor. Kathleen Kennedy basically just said that the spin off movies won't feature characters from the episodes. Exact quote

George was so clear as to how that works. The canon that he created was the Star Wars saga. Right now, [Episode VII] falls within that canon. The spin-off movies, or we may come up with some other way to call those films, they exist within that vast universe that he created,” she says.

“There is no attempt being made to carry characters (from the standalone films) in and out of the saga episodes. Consequently, from the creative standpoint, it’s a roadmap that George made pretty clear,” she adds.

I'm ok with this. Allows them to explore completely new territory.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-spin-offs-wont-mess-with-skywalker-saga-episodes/

Last edited:
didnt read the entire thread, but any hardcore star wars fans know which books these are gonna be based on?

didnt read the entire thread, but any hardcore star wars fans know which books these are gonna be based on?

We aren't sure they will be from the books, maybe small parts, but not 100% sure yet.

As of this moment, we believe they will be new stories, and maybe delve slightly into some of the EU.

Basically what CP said. 99% positive it won't be based on any story from the EU. But some characters, force powers, planets etc most likely will make the cut.

Back
Top Bottom