Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I get how and why a rogue one movie would work..

Really not sure how a Han movie would really work.. Just not sure which direction they would take with it without stepping on the toes of what we like and know about the guy prior to the OG trilogy

Doing stuff from the prequels properly would make sense to me.. Or things that attach to the huger universe or struggle (like with rogue one).. Or the mythology of things involved

Starlord is basically a ripoff of han's story, but we got that already in the original trilogy

At this point every single thing Disney does is going to step on somebody's toes, because there was already a very large universe prior to this one which they got rid of. May as well not even worry about trying to appease everyone and just have them do whatever. As it is now, we really don't know much of anything about Han Solo's origins. Hell, you could skip that entirely and just have him out on some smuggling adventure. The best thing about the Star Wars universe in my opinion is just how ******* big it is, which allows for a number of different stories to be taking place without one having to affect the other.

So Madden fanboy is hype AND hate now? :rofl: :lol:

You two are a perfect pair. Definition of fanboy is all praise, all hype. ALL 7 films are great, every character, every scene, every director, every story, etc.

"Fanboy" doesn't balance between praise and critical.

You have not said one thing bad about anything new after disney took over

Yet you are very harsh on the prequels

And you are hyping up the totals of the new movie like disney is giving you a cut

Calm down walt disney

Who said prequel to New Hope? Where did I say that?
Explaining how and why Han is in Mos sounds like a Han prequel to ANH.

Hence the word prequel.

God damn, really dude?

You can't grasp, years prior, Mos Eisley is a main hangout, or after deliveries to Jabba, he stops in?

You really think that was just the first time he ever been there? So it must be assumed its a prequel? Really?
You didn't say all that originally. You said:

Like why he was at Mos Eisley if he was supposed to be hiding from Jabba.
Which makes me think you're talking about why he was there/how he ended up there in ANH.

Didn't seem like you were talking about him being there years prior. Sounded like you was talking about in relation to Jabba looking for him which we find out in ANH.

I aint say nothing about that being Han's first time there :lol: Don't know how we go to that assumption.

Also, I said prequel because it sounds like a story explaining how he ended up at Mos in the situation where he's suppose to be hiding from Jabba which directly connects to his presence in ANH.

I don't know where you got his first time being there means it's a prequel.
Never mind everything else I pointed out, Falcon, Lando, Cheque, Navy, Jabba, Fett, all you got was Eisley and Prequel somehow. :lol:
That was the main thing I didn't like about what you said. Which is why I only quoted that. You didn't get that?

Last edited:
I haven't?

Like, iono, when I *****ed about Disney scrapping the EU? :nerd:

Oh.

Go sit down dude. You really don't know what you're talking about fam.

Early Han would/should be about being in the Imperial Navy, getting out, meeting Chewy, winning the Falcon from Lando, dealing with Jabba and Fett, then introducing any new characters you want to the story.

Like why he was at Mos Eisley if he was supposed to be hiding from Jabba. :nerd:

Zik.

Damn man.

Last edited:
Early Han would/should be about being in the Imperial Navy, getting out, meeting Chewy, winning the Falcon from Lando, dealing with Jabba and Fett, then introducing any new characters you want to the story.

Like why he was at Mos Eisley if he was supposed to be hiding from Jabba. :nerd:

Zik.

Jesus ******* Christ dude.
What don't you get about me quoting one part of your post and not the whole thing?

Stop being so sensitive. Just calm down when you reply, damn.

If I'm calling one part in to question isn't it obvious I'm not addressing the other part?

Really not sure how a Han movie would really work.. Just not sure which direction they would take with it without stepping on the toes of what we like and know about the guy prior to the OG trilogy

Doing stuff from the prequels properly would make sense to me.. Or things that attach to the huger universe or struggle (like with rogue one).. Or the mythology of things involved

Starlord is basically a ripoff of han's story, but we got that already in the original trilogy

At this point every single thing Disney does is going to step on somebody's toes, because there was already a very large universe prior to this one which they got rid of. May as well not even worry about trying to appease everyone and just have them do whatever. As it is now, we really don't know much of anything about Han Solo's origins. Hell, you could skip that entirely and just have him out on some smuggling adventure. The best thing about the Star Wars universe in my opinion is just how ******* big it is, which allows for a number of different stories to be taking place without one having to affect the other.

My point about starlord, is in that film he starts off as a bad guy and then redeems himself throughout the course of that film..

Like Han, ANH and his character throughout the original trilogy was the anti-hero's redemption.. Before that he's been avoiding the larger struggle

Just not sure how it'll work.. A young Indian jones film makes more sense to me and obviously they had a little bit of that in one of those original films

They obviously are not going to retell the original trilogy, so everything is happening in around those films primarily.. So Han redemption comes in films, so not sure effective that would have on this now new film

Serious, you need your hand held for every post, triple explanations, page after page of "I don't get it" help. **** man.

I gave 10 God damn examples, that included Mos Eisley, and you hone in on one "I don't want a New Hope prequel". :lol:

There's lots you can cover. (My point)
There's lots of examples to choose. (Given)
There's lots more you can add/create (also pointed out)

Yet you still need further explaining? Why? :lol:

God damn. :lol:

Serious, you need your hand held for every post, triple explanations, page after page of "I don't get it" help. **** man.
I didn't ask for explanations. I said I didn't like that one thing.

Then you started confusing yourself cuz I said the word prequel :lol:
There's lots you can cover. (My point)
Didn't disagree.
There's lots of examples to choose. (Given)
Disagreed with one example.
There's lots more you can add/create (also pointed out)
Didn't even address this.

It's like I clearly stated I wouldn't want this and then you go off on about something else I didn't say at all. Went from asking me why I said prequel to who said this was Han's first time going to Mos Eisely.

What the ****? That don't got **** to do with what I said :lol:

Last edited:
If y'all are taking roque one, I can easily see that movie making sense as a one off movie..

You essentially have this group that is on a suicide mission with info that can turn the tables of the war to that point

The war is still taking place.. You get glimpses of our old and favorite characters.. Get a little more depth on the build up that led to the original trilogy.. But the focus is on these group of individuals who we know are going to die

Think saving private ryan

Naw, we're talkin the Han spin off. I said Mos Eisley and Zik thinks it means prequel, now he says that's not true. Same ol same ol. :lol:

Rogue will be epic. I just hope they keep Bothan Spies in mind and don't go George on us.

Naw, we're talkin the Han spin off. I said Mos Eisley and Zik thinks it means prequel, now he says that's not true. Same ol same ol. :lol:
No I definitely stick to that part just sounding like a Han prequel to ANH.

All that other stuff about me asking you to explain your post and Han's first time being there was made up stuff by you though.

My point about starlord, is in that film he starts off as a bad guy and then redeems himself throughout the course of that film..

Like Han, ANH and his character throughout the original trilogy was the anti-hero's redemption.. Before that he's been avoiding the larger struggle

Just not sure how it'll work.. A young Indian jones film makes more sense to me and obviously they had a little bit of that in one of those original films

They obviously are not going to retell the original trilogy, so everything is happening in around those films primarily.. So Han redemption comes in films, so not sure effective that would have on this now new film

As you said, Han's overall redemption takes place in the OT so before that he still has to be a smuggler that is looking out primarily for himself and Chewie. However, you could then tell a story about how exactly Han became that person we see at the start of ANH, just as there was room to tell how Obi-Wan ended up on Tatooine and how Vader ended up in the suit. And any film taking place before the OT really just has to be expanding more on that character we originally met, which is why I said you could do any type of adventure with him just smuggling and have it grow into something more. Han's in likes his 30's by the time ANH is starting. He used to be a part of the Imperial Navy. He's been smuggling for years. His sidekick's a giant furball. He's worked with the most infamous gangster in the galaxy. I really think that you could easily create any number of adventures detailing the character's past, because it's such a mystery.

And honestly I think the best way to go with something like this is keeping it strictly focused on Han and avoiding the entire Empire/Rebellion conflict for the most part.

Last edited:
I know they can't go this route for obvious reasons..

But it would have been cool for someone in the empire to defect once they found out the full capabilities of the Death Star.. You already had Vader killing people off at will when they failed him.. So you could easily see someone having that moment of realizing the devastation that would be caused with that sort of weapon bring in their control

Someone who may have been down for the cause initially but has to accept the individuals involved with the whole thing

As you said, Han's overall redemption takes place in the OT so before that he still has to be a smuggler that is looking out primarily for himself and Chewie. However, you could then tell a story about how exactly Han became that person we see at the start of ANH, just as there was room to tell how Obi-Wan ended up on Tatooine and how Vader ended up in the suit. And any film taking place before the OT really just has to be expanding more on that character we originally met, which is why I said you could do any type of adventure with him just smuggling and have it grow into something more. Han's in likes his 30's by the time ANH is starting. He used to be a part of the Imperial Navy. He's been smuggling for years. His sidekick's a giant furball. He's worked with the most infamous gangster in the galaxy. I really think that you could easily create any number of adventures detailing the character's past, because it's such a mystery.

And honestly I think the best way to go with something like this is keeping it strictly focused on Han and avoiding the entire Empire/Rebellion conflict for the most part.

Exactly..

Except with those other characters named, there stories are intertwined with everything taking place in what we knew..

Han's story is one of directly avoiding all of that.. I get you get to tell a story of other aspects of that world outside of the Jedis and larger war.. But from han's character's perspective there isn't that payoff

Just him being the smuggler and avoiding all of that stuff as a best he can

I was never too sold on the anthologies for the simple fact that they'd reference too heavy on OG trilogy which defeats the purpose of said anthologies. Rogue one may be interesting but the Han Solo spin off is just in bad taste. I don't think there should anyone else filling the shoes of Han Solo. His story has been told, his legacy lives on through the ST.

Last edited:
Finally caught the movie. Took my nephew to watch it, and I'm glad I went it was enjoyable. But it was also too much of a rehash. This movie wasn't for us it's for a new generation of fans, and their parents to enjoy it with them.

For the casting, I like the girl and I liked Fin (but I can see his whole act wearing thin on me in future films.) I've seen the pilot dude in too many villain/unlikable roles which he thrives in, and he seems like a douche so I don't like him. And Ren with the helmet and saber is cool, but without is buns. Solo and Leah's son should have been dripping swagoo through my 3D glasses.

I can't mess with this collection as the future of the franchise. They needed one guy with actual presence like Harrison Ford to carry them better.

I also just saw eps 1-6 recently so my criticism comes with no nostalgic ties to the old cast/films.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom