Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, I do. Disney owns Marvel, they ain't ****** that up. They own SW, they won't **** that up either.

Rebels is solid
TFA is solid.

Already 2 for 2. It won't stop any time soon.

Just because you hate everything in life, doesn't mean we all do.

I hate Menace and Clones, but I give credit to RotS. I speak truly about what we're actually given. Have from day 1.

You had TFA ranked above ANH but its only solid to you?

where would a han solo movie go then?

would hate to see a pre ANH movie

after ESB he's frozen 

after ROTJ he's starting a family

so the only option is between ANH and ESB, in which case it wouldnt be a young hansolo, it would be han solo just now he's a totally different actor 

actually I would be okay with a young scumbag han solo movie where he goes around shooting first 

no character development at all, just a scumbag throughout the film 

Actually, I do. Disney owns Marvel, they ain't ****** that up. They own SW, they won't **** that up either.

Rebels is solid
TFA is solid.

Already 2 for 2. It won't stop any time soon.

Just because you hate everything in life, doesn't mean we all do.

I hate Menace and Clones, but I give credit to RotS. I speak truly about what we're actually given. Have from day 1.

You had TFA ranked above ANH but its only solid to you?

Man, what? :lol:

Solid, great, good, elite, 10/10, 8/8, does it really matter? :lol:

Disney, two for two so far. That is the point. They haven't missed yet. Point, made.

actually I would be okay with a young scumbag han solo movie where he goes around shooting first 

no character development at all, just a scumbag throughout the film 

I want to see him mixing it up with other Space Pirates. Kessel Run, Spice hauling, Jabba, how he got the Falcon from Lando, he and Chewie meeting and becoming partners, etc.

It would be excellent, and not even have to really involve the Empire outside of him getting boarded now and then, or maybe a shootout or two with some Stormtroopers tryin to take his ship (or shipment)

Not to mention other smugglers you could introduce. Or female interests. Maybe go to Han's homeworld of Correlia. Show him leaving the Navy and why he does. (To save Chewie?)

Would also be cool to see the new Han in Fett's spin offs as well. Either as the main antagonist, or just one of many, etc.

The right writer/gameplans could do all that, with ease.

As someone who will forever cape for and slurp the 2003 cartoon and who's only seen like the first 3 episodes of the 3D Clone Wars, does it get any better? Is it a fraction as good as the OG series?

Should I use valuable Netflix time watching something else?

As someone who will forever cape for and slurp the 2003 cartoon and who's only seen like the first 3 episodes of the 3D Clone Wars, does it get any better? Is it a fraction as good as the OG series?

I LOVE the micro series, but the "newer" Clone Wars series is really really good too. Def worth a watch.

^^No. Is it official? I've only heard rumors and fan expectations but then again that's all this thread is

Last edited:
^^No. Is it official? I've only heard rumors and fan expectations but then again that's all this thread is
http://www.starwars.com/news/meet-fn-2199-a-k-a-tr-8r-the-stormtrooper-behind-the-meme

starwars.com

“Traitor!” So bellowed a baton-wielding First Order stormtrooper, and the rest is Internet meme history.

FN-2199.gif

First glimpsed in a teaser for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, this mystery trooper — who confronts a lightsaber-brandishing Finn — has inspired countless memes, fan art, and Twitter jokes. (The above GIF, by the way, is available in the Star Wars app, should you need to send to a traitorous friend.) He’s been lovingly dubbed TR-8R (because, well, why not?), but there’s more to this bucket head than fleeting viral popularity. So unlearn what you have learned about TR-8R, because StarWars.com has exclusive intel on Star Wars‘ biggest Web star since Darth Jar Jar.

His name is FN-2199. But his friends call him “Nines.” As detailed in Greg Rucka’s excellent book Before the Awakening, Nines trained and served on a squad with Finn (then FN-2187) in the First Order. That explains why he seems just a little extra angry upon seeing Finn during the attack on Maz’s Castle. You can see FN-2199 in the image below by Phil Noto from Before the Awakening  — he’s the trooper seated in the background with red hair. Who’d have thought?

There’s a reason that Nines gets to use an awesome weapon (which is called a Z6 baton).  He’s riot control, and part of an elite squad that enforces order or squashes uprisings. While their weapons are non-lethal in theory, the Z6 can definitely cause harm or kill an opponent when used with brute force. Look, if a lightsaber can’t cut it, you know it ain’t good news.

You’ve heard his work before. Kind of! FN-2199’s voice (including, of course, “Traitor!”) was provided by David Acord, a Skywalker Sound sound editor. Acord’s production credits include Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Pretty good training for a stormtrooper. (Inside the armor is Liang Yang, a veteran stunt performer. Without his baton spinning, you wouldn’t be reading this.)

So there you have it — the stormtrooper behind the meme. Let’s hope we haven’t seen the last of Nines. Or TR-8R. Who wouldn’t want to see round two…and all the memes it could inspire?

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.

yeah, Im not feeling any excitement for these anthology movies. It'd be one thing if they went like really far back in time and gave something from the non canon Old republic or some other story, but Rogue one and Han Solo? Could they pick any more uninteresting subjects

Id rather Disney just do like LOTR and give a new mainline movie every year, but they have to make their money somehow

Nah don't do what LOTR. I'll take Rogue One. I would rather the adapted Knights of The Old Republic as a trilogy.

Yes. It definitely picks up as it goes on, and i'm speaking as someone that tapped out somewhere in season 1 and then picked it up again later. You start to see certain characters showing up again and getting their own episodes to better develop them. Singular episodes give way to more detailed multi-episodic plots. The focus moves from just Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka (The resident pet character of the series) to various other Jedi, with the Clone Troopers being the real standouts of the show in my opinion. I think that by the time the series concludes the writers have done a good job detailing the Clone Wars and how widespread they were. And evey single episode isn't just fighting droids. You get a lot of different plot lines and ideas being thrown around throughout and it's all very satisfying in my opinion. More importantly than anything else, one thing i've always given this series over any other work (Minus perhaps the Jedi Quest books) is that it actually lives up to the claim that Ben made to Luke back in ANH, that his father was a good man.

I wonder if someday we get more Clone Wars movies. The war lasted 5ish years, thereabouts, it's possible they could tell new stories within the war that have nothing to do with Anakin, Ben, etc.

Like the 501st or somethin. Follow an ELITE team of Clonetroopers, maybe find a slot for Grievous again.

I know the Cartoons covered enough, but more could be told on the big screen, separate from the Skywalker stories.

It def picks up, I skip some episodes though, especially the political ones. I actually don't give two ***** about Star Wars politics. The clone troopers stuff is good, like some band of brothers type of ****. There are a lot of mini arcs, so I just skipped what I wasn't interested in. One of the first I actually watched was ep 10 from season 6 "the lost one". It was like a detective drama leading up to a great battle.

I wonder if someday we get more Clone Wars movies. The war lasted 5ish years, thereabouts, it's possible they could tell new stories within the war that have nothing to do with Anakin, Ben, etc.

Like the 501st or somethin. Follow an ELITE team of Clonetroopers, maybe find a slot for Grievous again.

I know the Cartoons covered enough, but more could be told on the big screen, separate from the Skywalker stories.

Three years.

M Mark Antony That's the Yoda episode correct? That was definitely one of the best in the show. :smokin

Last edited:
It was the sifo diyas episode, where they trace his disappearance and find out the reason he secretly sanctioned a clone army.

Back
Top Bottom