Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The OG post said that the last Jedi doesn't mean Luke will die, and that from what we know, Rey isn't a Jedi yet. He said that's false because she used the force to grab the lightsaber against Kylo, leading me to say that force abilities does not mean you're a Jedi.

It all goes back to this scene for me

Like Luke before her, Rey has been impressive so far, but she is not a Jedi yet. She needs to start and complete her training first.

Luke is still the last of the Jedi in the story currently.

Last edited:
I don't know the root of this conversation, but you honestly think Disney would waste the general public's time here?

The OG post said that the last Jedi doesn't mean Luke will die, and that from what we know, Rey isn't a Jedi yet. He said that's false because she used the force to grab the lightsaber against Kylo, leading me to say that force abilities does not mean you're a Jedi.

Ahh, "yet".

Revengeof the Jedi was a real title, but Lucas changed just before Return of the Jedi was released in theaters. 
I get it was changed but cuz of that I'm like it didn't really happen. That is different than a rumored title though.

So I get how it reminded him of that.
:lol: This some fan made thing? How can it remind you of a title thqts never happened?

That would be cool though.
If I went to see a movie called The Last Fish or had that in the title I'd be thinking it's about one fish :lol:
Well, revenge of the sith and return of the jedi clearly meant more than 1........No? -_-
Revenge of the Sith was literally just Sidious imo. Anakin as Vader wasn't getting revenge.

The whole thing was Palpatine's plot coming to fruition. His revenge.

The only Jedi in Return of the Jedi is Luke technically and you can raise the issue of him being a jedi given his fast tracked training by Obi-Wan and Yoda especially when you look at the big deal they made of it in the prequels. The other connection to the title is Anakin, who was a jedi, coming back to the light side in the end before dying.

I always took the title as a symbolic meaning of whats to come in the future. The empire has fallen, the last of the Sith are seemingly dead, and hopefully Luke the only dude with Jedi training will bring back the order with a new crop of potential recruits.

Plus then there's the whole thing with revenge being a dark side trait. Something unseemly for a jedi. Unless we're talking those other dark Jedi but Like aint that.

Last edited:
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi

The New Crop........Jedi Got Next.......We Are Jedi........Me, Myself and Jedi........

:lol:

Super psyched about the new Star Wars! Not going to lie, the first thing that did come to mind was that Luke dies which I hope I'm wrong. Already anxiously anticipating the movie.

Back
Top Bottom