Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You Skywalker folks are funny. :lol:

I can already tell you guys will be hating on each and every film every year crying over Luke bein gone. I feel bad for you.

What was the point of showing her eye? It seemed to have a deeper significance, an actual meaning. Plasma better learn to just dip out whenever finn comes round, for her sake

You Skywalker folks are funny. :lol:

I can already tell you guys will be hating on each and every film every year crying over Luke bein gone. I feel bad for you.
I feel bad for you. Don’t know one in this thread agree with your stupid points in this movie or that ridiculous opinion about Skywalkers not being the first family.

Finally saw it, fun film. I dunno people talking about too many jokes and not dark enough, like 1% of the people who started the film survived till the end. The entire rebellion was washed, but I guess star wars kind of numbs you to the mass murder committed in every film.
I meant to talk about this.

Its one thing if ppl wanna suspend belief for Rey being so skilled with a lightsaber but to me the fact that she can kill so easily was a bit unsettling. She killed a lot of ppl in this and its way more personal than being in a TIE or AT-AT or even using a blaster from long range.

So its kinda hard to keep placing Kylo in a villain role.

Also, another problem i noticed.

Phasma's armor was bulletproof but in the the force awakens she gets held hostage by a gun....

Inb4 someone says she upgraded her armor for this movie...

I think the point was for Disney to fully capitalize from their purchase, they had to create a new direction for their franchise that would fit their overall business model. Which, unfortunately, is targeting young children and the tween set.

Both Rey as the new savior and Kylo as the big bad are completely unearned. Both getting the title by there respective masters dying through acts of stupidity and reckless choice.

For Snoke to be ancient there was surely no wisdom. Rian Johnson’s selfish lack of foresight makes Snoke’s death that much more stupid. Have Snoke predict that Kylo was turning the saber to his enemy, himself....and have Snoke smile when he sees the blade through him before he’s sliced in half you have a scene with actual meaning. Call back to what came before it with the Emperor wanting Luke to strike him, convo if Snoke is really dead, JJ sometype of creative breathing room and you still get your scene. Something that simple could have made that much of a difference :smh:

problems i had with this movie:

rey had zero training
snoke was a waste
kylo ren is looking lame now
luke had no action scene
fin is a lame character as well
kylo and rey are supposedly so gifted and powerful but were having a hard time fighting some red storm troopers
luke didnt even train rey
luke dying in such a stupid way
yoda appearing was cringe

man, this movie was terrible.
They aren’t red stormtroopers.

Imperial guard have always been force sensitive and or trained shadow warriors conscripted by the Emporer etc. so will assume Snoke recruited similarly.

Saw the film yesterday. Mixed emotions. I thought it was entertaining. I didn't like the fact that Rey was essentially a microwave Jedi. When she stepped to Luke he should have been able to force slap her off of that mountain. Killing off Snoke seemed premature. Yoda didn't sound like Yoda (I guess Frank is getting a little long in the tooth:lol:). I'll go give it a second watch and see if I missed anything or if I change my opinions. Not really looking forward to the next one. I'm an old head. Han is gone...Luke is gone...Leia is gone in real life. The droids, Chewbacca and the Falcon are all I have left :ohwell:. Not really excited about Kylo Ren being THE main antagonist. He's no Vader.

You can look at it both ways, Disney wants every kid to feel special or, that the Force will always balance out. “Broom Boy” was an average kid, until Luke joins the force. This would then create an imbalance, which is how the boy became force sensitive. Which the same can be said about the dark side of the force now that Snoke is gone...
I don’t know, I’m just saying.
Movie had similar scenes to the OG trilogy, Rey looking at her helpless friends through a window, the Yoda “Quick training/You don’t need training/All you need are some quotes on the way of the Force/Jedi.” Luke joining the Force like Obi, etc...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom