Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anakin only wanted power to save padme he didn't choose power over her he only lost his **** because he thought she brought obiwan to kill him
Yeah. Unless the last movie does a correction on Kylo, he will go down as a very poorly written character in my book.

Anakin's arc was actually mapped out well imo, just executed poorly.

The from "my point of view the Jedi are evil" line from episode 3 was a great line, because I understood where homeboy was coming from. Through all other buffoonery in the prequels, at least Lucus got that right. I could see the bridge between Anakin and Vader.

Kylo is acting emo for the shake of acting emo.

Last edited:
You know honestly I think that’s the problem with these new movies...They didn’t get a solid map of where they wanted the movies to go...

They just sat down and said the end result needed to be that the original cast was gone and the new was firmly in place...How they got there has been a shotgunned create as you go kind of thing and it shows...

Yeah. Unless the last movie does a correction on Kylo, he will go down as a very poorly written character in my book.

The from "my point of view the Jedi are evil" line from episode 3 was a great line, because I understood where homeboy was coming from. Through all other buffoonery in the prequels, at least Lucus got that right. I could see the bridge between Anakin and Vader.

agreed. Anakin just wanted to be loved and save the one he loved. He would of left the Jedi order for Padme. He only stayed with Sidious after Padme died because he had no one left and Sidious was the only one that would take him in

Bruhs, I'm legit sad. Like I want to try so hard to like this movie, just because its Star Wars, but it was horrible to me.

Same with Rogue One. Rogue One, to me, was bearable because Vader was in it.

Kylo Ren is ruined to me. Now all we got is Rey, whose only training thus far to to move pebbles and watch Luke milk the tit of a beached whale and Kylo, who was had extensive training with Snoke and Luke, only to be washed by Rey 2x.

HOW SWAY???? YOU DON'T HAVE THE ANSWER.

Absolutely if george would've sat back in his executive producer roll and let capable people handle everything else like he did with empire and jedi the prequels would've been beautiful, and this is what burns my *** so bad with this new trilogy george gifted them his ideas for 7-9 and they just said nah no thanks we got this what do you know you only created this universe :rolleyes

Absolutely if george would've sat back in his executive producer roll and let capable people handle everything else like he did with empire and jedi the prequels would've been beautiful, and this is what burns my *** so bad with this new trilogy george gifted them his ideas for 7-9 and they just said nah no thanks we got this what do you know you only created this universe :rolleyes
I wonder if they used any ideas at all

Still missing my point...

If in Episode 4 Obi-Wan says to Luke force users can’t use lightening...Then in Episode 6 the emperor uses it, well that’s contradictory to the established mythos my friend...And that’s exactly happened with this movie...

Nobody is complaining that Yoda called lightening to burn down the tree...Because THAT’S advancement...A new power never mentioned before would be considered story advancement...

A new power contradictory to what’s in previous movies...That’s Lazy writing...
I dont remember him saying that.

Still missing my point...

If in Episode 4 Obi-Wan says to Luke force users can’t use lightening...Then in Episode 6 the emperor uses it, well that’s contradictory to the established mythos my friend...And that’s exactly happened with this movie...

Nobody is complaining that Yoda called lightening to burn down the tree...Because THAT’S advancement...A new power never mentioned before would be considered story advancement...

A new power contradictory to what’s in previous movies...That’s Lazy writing...

I dont remember him saying that.

~IF~

I apologise if this has been asked and answered or if I just missed it in the movie, but.....

Did they ever address what happen to the other Jedi that helped Kylo destroy Luke's Jedi temple and killed the other Jedi.

I mean the kinda retcon the story of those events from how they were hinted at in episode 7. But Luke clearly says other students helped Kylo in this movie.

Like how you gonna have a movie called The Last Jedi, have Kylo seemingly end the Sith, but just not address to couple other people that got Jedi training from Luke and turned to the dark side.

Like the more I think about this movie, the more holes I think of, and the more I'm starting to dislike it.

Didn’t address the Knights of Ren directly as I remember...Luke maybe said something to Rey like Kylo took some students with him and killed the rest...Cant remember exactly...

3B9DFCB6-7D62-4A01-88D4-C43A52B388B7.jpeg

In a slight defense to this ****storm, maybe the concept of "The Force Awakens" is some sort of galaxy wide Force awakening of random individuals. The notion of getting rid of the old or the old Jedi books no longer being relevant because the Force is stronger than ever. That could explain Broomgate and Luke destroying the texts and Rey being a random person. The start of a new era of stronger, Force sensitive individuals. And maybe it was the Skywalker lineage that sparked this change in the Force. Or maybe it's all just **** writing.

Back
Top Bottom