Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What makes us invested in Luke in ANH? He doesn't want to farm anymore? Saying the new trilogy doesn't get you invested is, again, a preference thing.
Acting is a big part of it, if you didn't care about Rey living on her own for YEARS in Jakku. Daisy can out act anyone on earth, she's a talented actor.

I feel like some people didn't really follow Star Wars. Emphasis on "some".

Kinda seeing a pattern here. People hating on TLJ seem to just dislike the choices the characters made, that it doesn't align with their vision or their fan theory.
Finn is a great lead character and John plays him really well.

I'll be honest this is getting exhausting. I'm just gonna buy my tickets to watch it the third time and I'll just enjoy every second of the film. Good night fam.

Nah some people hate it because it's a poorly written and edited film doing things with zero explanation.
Also all new introduced protagonists this trilogy are bland. Finn should be getting as much screen time as C3P0.
Daisy's acting skills can't mask for how uninteresting Rey is.

What makes us invested in Luke in ANH? He doesn't want to farm anymore? Saying the new trilogy doesn't get you invested is, again, a preference thing.
Acting is a big part of it, if you didn't care about Rey living on her own for YEARS in Jakku. Daisy can out act anyone on earth, she's a talented actor.

I feel like some people didn't really follow Star Wars. Emphasis on "some".

Kinda seeing a pattern here. People hating on TLJ seem to just dislike the choices the characters made, that it doesn't align with their vision or their fan theory.
Finn is a great lead character and John plays him really well.

I'll be honest this is getting exhausting. I'm just gonna buy my tickets to watch it the third time and I'll just enjoy every second of the film. Good night fam.
We learn more about Luke in ANH then Rey in two movies. I dont recall anyone saying Daisy can’t act. Her flashback was two minutes and all we still know is her parents and it lasted 1min. Luke we found out in ANH his father was a Jedi supposedly killed by Darth Vader. His aunts were killed and torch. How does that not get you invested in him and that he wanted more then being a farm boy. He also had excellent piloting skills. Maybe should go back and watch it

Last edited:
Like I’ve said previously I liked the movie well enough, but in what universe is Finn a great character. Superfluous maybe, seemed to me like he was shoehorned in to the plot rather than actually having a plan for his character imo.

After getting essentially nothing across two movies in terms of lightsaber duels, Rey vs. Kylo better be GOAT in IX

I dont have much faith in JJ in delivering though :smh:
JJ won't do it but it'd be hilarious if Kylo was killed off in IX early to spring on us the actual mastermind behind this all

:lol:
Let me write this again.

An OLD Luke Skywalker who had no connection to the force in YEARS, Astro projects to another planet perfectly. He simulates a small battle with Kylo Ren and then ends it when he knows Rey and others are safe.

What you see him doing after is breathing for air and trying to regain his stability. This is literally the most powerful light side power we have ever seen or heard of (unless y’all got something else idk about), used by an old man who hadn’t felt the force in years.

Darth Sidious was getting tired and old af just from using force Lightning in Ep3 if I remember correctly?
Doesn't change a damn thing :lol:

Most powerful light side power and still unimpressive.

The acting wasnt great in this movie which (as a casual fan is more important to me). Daisy did well, Poe was ok...
But Daisy doing well is like Micheal Fassbender doing well in the X-men movies. as good as he is, you can't save poor plot.
And to CP who said people don't want to think outside the box and only want to see action...
WELL YEA.
1977 This was the first movie it's time. Seeing such brilliance on screen. I'm sure the lightsaber (something very new) space gun lasers. little aliens bopping around. that was huge action back in the day that's what brought people in.
That's what we want to see!!! They make sure to show us all these montage videos of actors doing lightsaber training and fight training. The only decent light saber fight we got in TLJ is the Reylo Team up. So yes we wanted to see bouncing yoda. That was sick, we saw peaceful yoda almost all other movies. We loved every light saber fight.
Again as a casual fan but big movie goer I felt no connection in this movie.
I was overwhelmed with action. I also wasn't sentimental to the drama... none of that was good for me.
You allude to this is the new star wars....so me being a new star wars watcher. I'm not invested and this movie doesn't make me want to go back and buy any of the prior movies, or look forward to the rest. (I am however interested in the clone wars show because I heard that was pretty good).

To KobeOverbron.
Aside from myself, I believe most TV fans loved the show. There has been only one season that people slightly don't like. but no where near the divide this new trilogy is getting.

THESE WILL ALWAYS BE FUNNY TOO ME!!!!

My friend just pointed out the 3rd act of Rogue one where Ackbar says “prepare for jump to hyperspace” and the ships star moving out in lightspeed and an imperial destroyer pops out of nowhere and the rebel ships crash into it and blow up without even a scratch on the imperial destroyer

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Reactions: ARK
My friend just pointed out the 3rd act of Rogue one where Ackbar says “prepare for jump to hyperspace” and the ships star moving out in lightspeed and an imperial destroyer pops out of nowhere and the rebel ships crash into it and blow up without even a scratch on the imperial destroyer

:smh: :smh: :smh:
Size difference and velocity, man. IIRC the rebel ship's weren't into hyperspace and were much much smaller than Vaders destroyer. And who knows, maybe no one had tried to launch themselves at another ship in hyperspace as a kamikaze mission, and Holdo (sp?) was trying it as a last ditch effort. Stop over thinking that part. All this other valid-enough criticism and you're worried about the rebels tearing through Big Snokes ship in one of the best scenes.

Hamil really vocal about not feeling it

“I said to Rian, ‘Jedi’s don’t give up.’ I mean, even if he had a problem, he would maybe take a year to try and regroup. But if he made a mistake, he would try and right that wrong. So, right there we had a fundamental difference, but it’s not my story anymore. It’s somebody else’s story – and Rian needed me to be a certain way to make the ending effective. …That’s the crux of my problem. Luke would never say that. I’m sorry. Well, in this version, see I’m talking about the George Lucas Star Wars. This is the next generation of Star Wars, so I almost had to think of Luke as another character. Maybe he’s Jake Skywalker. He’s not my Luke Skywalker, but I had to do what Rian wanted me to do because it serves the story well.”

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-8-last-jedi-mark-hamill-luke-issues/

Last edited:
I kind of agree TFA was a better movie experience for the casuals. (well speaking for myself) I at least left the movie like that was cool.

There were no cringe moments in tfa.

Plenty in tlj.

I think the biggest symbolism on the difference between these 2 films is when Rey hands Luke the light saber. In tfa its an epic shot....in tlj its a joke.(throwing it over his shoulder)

Nah some people hate it because it's a poorly written and edited film doing things with zero explanation.
Also all new introduced protagonists this trilogy are bland. Finn should be getting as much screen time as C3P0.
Daisy's acting skills can't mask for how uninteresting Rey is.
You watch movies often? Daisy is a fantastic actor. Brie Larson levels, understated but authentic.

She's a good actor but she also doesn't have a huge resume. Star wars is her big break and we haven't quite seen her range yet.. After Brie Larson does Captain Marvel we'll see about her as well.

i'm not a casual and tfa > tlj. period.

better acting, better score, better pacing, better ending, better -no, it had an actual story, etc.
i'm not saying it was the greatest ever or anything. i'm not saying its messing with the originals...but its leagues better than tlj. easily.

We learn more about Luke in ANH then Rey in two movies. I dont recall anyone saying Daisy can’t act. Her flashback was two minutes and all we still know is her parents and it lasted 1min. Luke we found out in ANH his father was a Jedi supposedly killed by Darth Vader. His aunts were killed and torch. How does that not get you invested in him and that he wanted more then being a farm boy. He also had excellent piloting skills. Maybe should go back and watch it
Rey had a ton of things to do in Jakku, might've shown more about her day to day life than ANH has shown us about Luke.
She is also a good pilot as well as a skilled scavenger with a mysterious path. You guys want everything laid out? You have
to remember people now are more keen and smarter when it comes to twists, they NEEDED to be more secretive because
guess what. If they didn't the same people will be complaining as well that EVERYTHING IS LAID OUT.

Also, if we're actually comparing TFA to ANH(an absolutely legendary film), TFA will never win this debate. Tyson vs Mayweather
Pacquiao vs Mexico

footage of Captain Kobeoverbron getting ready to save TLJ:

1293695_o.gif

To KobeOverbron.
Aside from myself, I believe most TV fans loved the show. There has been only one season that people slightly don't like. but no where near the divide this new trilogy is getting.
absolutely!

to be fair, I would rather have people complaining so we end up getting better films rather than just
blindly praising everything like we did for Phantom Menace. Also makes for great discussions.

Back
Top Bottom