Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
An X-Wing isn't going to cut a Dreadnaught down. A Y-wing isn't going to cut a Star Destroyer in half.

She flew their fleets largest ship, into another large ship. Those ships don't grow on trees. But she did it as a last ditch effort, not a way to "beat" the Empire, or First Order.

I don't buy that, that's like saying a bullet won't cut down a human. Your telling a small dense ship moving faster than the speed of light won't cut down a larger ship.

Hurrying objects at the speed of light l, once you consider the implications...it makes no sense that this sint one of the primary methods of warfare for the rebels.

Suicide runs are a perfect gurellia warfare tactic for a rebellion doesn't make sense that this wouldn't happen all the time.

If jumping to hyperspace really can slice a ship like that why wouldn't you just have tons of smaller ships making suicide runs? How come people aren't doing this all the time?
there's a lot of things unclear in that sequence. did she jump, then went out of hyperspace just in time to gain momentum
to slice the first order-resulting in her own destruction.
we don't know a lot of things that's why concluding it could be done all the time is without basis. at least for now.

there's a lot of things unclear in that sequence. did she jump, then went out of hyperspace just in time to gain momentum
to slice the first order-resulting in her own destruction.
we don't know a lot of things that's why concluding it could be done all the time is without basis. at least for now.

Yeah but jumping off hyperspace you lose all momentum right. Because when you see ships come in from hyper space they just pop in and come to danm near a complete stop.

cum milk Luke.
NOTSUREIF.jpg

I don't buy that, that's like saying a bullet won't cut down a human. Your telling a small dense ship moving faster than the speed of light won't cut down a larger ship.

Hurrying objects at the speed of light l, once you consider the implications...it makes no sense that this sint one of the primary methods of warfare for the rebels.

Suicide runs are a perfect gurellia warfare tactic for a rebellion doesn't make sense that this wouldn't happen all the time.

You really think an X-Wing would/should be able to destroy a Star Destroyer? C'mon man. :lol: Pierce it, damage it, small explosion, sure, but you think it would destroy it?

A Super Star Destroyer was crashed on the Death Star, it didn't blow it up, or destroy it, it merely exploded and caused a lot of damage. You think an X-Wing just going super fast would take a similar ship down completely? Really?

You really think an X-Wing would/should be able to destroy a Star Destroyer? C'mon man. :lol: Pierce it, damage it, small explosion, sure, but you think it would destroy it?

A Super Star Destroyer was crashed on the Death Star, it didn't blow it up, or destroy it, it merely exploded and caused a lot of damage. You think an X-Wing just going super fast would take a similar ship down completely? Really?
Yes, it worked since it was a large mass rather than a starfighter. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking you could inexpensively mount a hyperdrive on a large asteroid, and add a throwaway droid that you could control by radio, and boom, instant WMD. Obviously no one would want to waste expensive ships when you could just heave a huge rock at them.

Yeah but jumping off hyperspace you lose all momentum right. Because when you see ships come in from hyper space they just pop in and come to danm near a complete stop.
not necessarily. Han had trouble coming out of hyperspace in TFA, their momentum was still too much even with breaks on.
again, something we don't fully know and can't fully explain. for obvious reasons.

I've been to 3 showings, people clapped multiple times in each screening. The first in the Throne room when Rey catches the lightsaber, the second during the final credits.

And people laughed throughout.

People actin like the whole theater sat on their hands stonefaced the whole time now. :rolleyes :lol:

My theater was stoneface basically the whole time though :lol:
Ain't no acting here, in what world should every audience for every showing be consistent? :lol:

Yes, it worked since it was a large mass rather than a starfighter. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking you could inexpensively mount a hyperdrive on a large asteroid, and add a throwaway droid that you could control by radio, and boom, instant WMD. Obviously no one would want to waste expensive ships when you could just heave a huge rock at them.
you can use this argument in ANY sci fi fantasy superhero movie.
Why can't Thor just overpower everyone.
Why can't Superman overpower everyone.
Why can't Iron Man call his army of armors and fight against Cap.

one, at hyper speed could do damage, aim it at the bridge take our the commanders. never mind you would get multiple.

never mind the fact that if jumping and out of hyperspace works this way, then it doesn't makes sense that they haven't developed weapons that have utilized this concept. like why isn't there basically a big bullet shot at the speed of light?

ultimatley I don't care the scene was cool, but if you think about it too long, it raises so many quesitons imo.

^^^
All these questions and discussions because the so called 'top critics' almost unanimously gave this 'ish a 4.5/5 score. You would've expected those clowns to have actually watched TFA prior, noted the lack of continuity and scored this appropriately but that was not the case.

^^^
All these questions and discussions because the so called 'top critics' almost unanimously gave this 'ish a 4.5/5 score. You would've expected those clowns to have actually watched TFA prior, noted the lack of continuity and scored this appropriately but that was not the case.

eh I don't blame them, their job is to judge the film on it's own merits. The scene was undeniably cool, and high level film making, if I'm a critic how it fits in with the established cannon of star wars.

A similar situation happened at the battle of Endor. An A-wing crashed into a super star destroyer and ended up destroying it from the cockpit. So it's not implausible to think that a single ship of that caliber could suicide run into a dreadnought class ship and tear it in half

RIP
35077e55386a13c7879dfa3c1bd3314ca3c6181a.gif

Back
Top Bottom