Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dude, you can't use a sports gif in Star Wars Thread when everyone used the movies in post.
Do again.

Do-or-Do-Not-Yoda-Star-Wars.gif

C107A3EB-D1FD-4B58-A2E6-944343425BF6.gif

Man **** JJ Abrams.

Bittersweet is your entire directorial style.

Seems just about right.

Phasma was all show. The main thing that'll fool you abiut her is her size and attitude.

Dont even know why she'd be compared to Fett. Cuz of her shiny armor?

Thor surviving in space is no prob.

Leia surviving in space is a crime against cinema.

#InternetIn2018
You guys are still on this? LMAO. I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM with this one.

Broom boy? corny.
Space Vegas? corny.
Pink hair cornball? corny.
that's all I didn't like.

If any of you read Phasma’s canon book she was dope. Came from a planet as the best of the best. Basically like Mandalore but without technology etc. She should of been a real treat of a character. I’m so unbelievably disappointed by the way they chose to portray Star Wars. Tho I get it - it’s for the kids and money not for pure cinematic excellence. I thought Rogue One was actually a great movie because it didn’t have to stick to these rigors.

If any of you read Phasma’s canon book she was dope. Came from a planet as the best of the best. Basically like Mandalore but without technology etc. She should of been a real treat of a character. I’m so unbelievably disappointed by the way they chose to portray Star Wars. Tho I get it - it’s for the kids and money not for pure cinematic excellence. I thought Rogue One was actually a great movie because it didn’t have to stick to these rigors.

Bro, I drank the Phasma kool-aid and that’s what makes it so disappointing. She was basically the baddest chick from a “Mad Max” world and in the movie, is literally just as whack as the whackest character in the entire franchise:smh:

But yeah, I don’t talk about TLJ because I dislike it so much and have said everything I need to say about it, but Rogue One is/was definitely awesome.

Speaking of RO, I’m almost happy with my Shoretrooper Squad Leader. The left pic is from last Sunday during my initial test-fitting and the second pic is from last night. I’m already approved for the 501st with it but I’m gonna do some final adjustments to make everything more comfortable to wear.

Next up will be Jango Fett, which should be ready in time for NYCC.

544A1EE6-7C2C-44F9-B580-763256256AE1.jpeg

Give me this and I won't even care about Episode IX anymore.

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/08/...ut-mandalorians-after-the-fall-of-the-empire/
Rumor: Live Action Star Wars Series to be about Mandalorians after the fall of the Empire?
Jason Ward (editor-in-chief) August 6, 2018

paintingofMandalorian-Jediwar.jpg

Rumors on Jon Favreau’s live action Star Wars television series have been circulating lately. It is still pretty early to firmly confirm much of this with 100% accurate faith. So please consider this a rumor for now that we have heard from sources who have panned out in the past. For the last few months, we keep hearing the same rumors and the rumors consist of the same general information and the same general beliefs.

Sources believe Jon Favreau’s Star Wars live action series, which is set around three years after Return of the Jedi is about the planet Mandalore. It sounds like when the Empire falls, Mandalore falls into a state of turmoil and the series is about restoring Mandalore to its former self and how Mandalore sways will have huge galactic ramifications.

The Restoration of Mandalore
I have more questions than answers, obviously. What does a restoration of Mandalore mean? Does it mean to the peace loving Mandalore that Satine Kryze brought about about during The Clone Wars or the one that Death Watch and Pre Vizsla wanted to restore (who coincidentally was played by Favreau in the animated series). I have to imagine these competing philosophies will be what drives the series and the various factions.

While waiting in line for The Clone Wars panel at SDCC, I discussed these rumors with a few trusted friends. After The Clone Wars panel was over and it was revealed that The Siege of Mandalore would be brought to the small screen, everyone that knew about the rumor looked at me like “this is making sense” and I have to agree. It would make sense to finish The Clone Wars and the Mandalore story if it has reverberations felt in an upcoming television show. With Star Wars Resistance rumored to skew towards the younger animated viewer, it seems to make complete sense to finish The Clone Wars while making adult viewers really pleased on the animated front and the live action front.

Related: Star Wars Rebels 'Droids in distress' Episode review
Visual Effects
Another consistent rumor I have heard is that the effects will be seen in monitor, thanks to technology provided by ILMxLAB, so they can save money by knowing if they got what they needed right away. I don’t believe a shot has been used in a Star Wars film using the newer tech, only pre-visual work. Perhaps the idea is to make it TV ready and then when we’re used to the look as fans and it improves exponentially they can make Star Wars films better for even cheaper than they cost today? Perhaps that is the long term goal? However, that is not to say they’ll be cheap by any means. NYT recently stated the episodes will cost “one hundred million for ten episodes.”

It is really early to state firmly that this rumor is going to pan out. I believe Favreau is still working on The Lion King for Disney and sometime after that things will really start to pick up on his live action Star Wars series, which if the rumors are true today is about Mandalore after the fall of Darth Vader and his Empire and restoring the Mandalorian culture (for better or for worse).

George Lucas did not envision that Jango and Boba Fett were Mandalorians. The series is said to have all new characters. But we’ve never seen a Star Wars series with all new characters that didn’t have some sweet guest appearances. I would imagine Boba Fett could appear and be seen as an imposter or even actually made a Mando in this show. I would also have to imagine that Sabine Wren and Bo Katan could also be characters who show up at some point on the side of saving Satine’s vision for Mandalore especially after the series finale of Star Wars Rebels.

Bro, I drank the Phasma kool-aid and that’s what makes it so disappointing. She was basically the baddest chick from a “Mad Max” world and in the movie, is literally just as whack as the whackest character in the entire franchise:smh:

But yeah, I don’t talk about TLJ because I dislike it so much and have said everything I need to say about it, but Rogue One is/was definitely awesome.

Speaking of RO, I’m almost happy with my Shoretrooper Squad Leader. The left pic is from last Sunday during my initial test-fitting and the second pic is from last night. I’m already approved for the 501st with it but I’m gonna do some final adjustments to make everything more comfortable to wear.

Next up will be Jango Fett, which should be ready in time for NYCC.

544A1EE6-7C2C-44F9-B580-763256256AE1.jpeg

NYCC this year or next?

Nice work on the shore trooper Jay I just did my first Con this weekend with my Kylo plenty of adjustments left to be made for sure it was fun and I'm overall really pleased with how my lightsaber mod turned out photobucket.com
Screenshot_2018-08-06-12-45-46_zpsgiv58b8l.jpg

Screenshot_2018-08-07-12-59-30_zpsvdphrb7d.jpg

People liked Kylo but it's nothing like being Vader I went with my Vader the second day and it's the closest thing that I'll ever know to feel like being a celebrity you can't move I couldn't even get through the entrance without a crowd of people wanting pictures

Also been slowly chipping away at this only took anovos 14 months to get it to me :rolleyes
20180807_193841_zpsdlrwnajz.jpg

Nice work on the shore trooper Jay I just did my first Con this weekend with my Kylo plenty of adjustments left to be made for sure it was fun and I'm overall really pleased with how my lightsaber mod turned out photobucket.com
Screenshot_2018-08-06-12-45-46_zpsgiv58b8l.jpg

Screenshot_2018-08-07-12-59-30_zpsvdphrb7d.jpg

People liked Kylo but it's nothing like being Vader I went with my Vader the second day and it's the closest thing that I'll ever know to feel like being a celebrity you can't move I couldn't even get through the entrance without a crowd of people wanting pictures

Also been slowly chipping away at this only took anovos 14 months to get it to me :rolleyes
20180807_193841_zpsdlrwnajz.jpg

I would love to get a stormtrooper outfit!!

I would love to get a stormtrooper outfit!!

You should go for it. It’s not even that expensive nowadays. So many options out there. Hell, most NT’ers can probably get an official looking Stormtrooper selling off 2-3 kicks, easy.

How much and what brands do you recommend?

The easiest answer I can give you, if you want one of the best kits out there fully finished and everything for you, ready to wear. I highly recommend RS Props.

http://www.rspropmasters.com/product/complete-stormtrooper-commission-2/
http://www.rspropmasters.com/product/complete-stormtrooper-commission-2/
If you prefer to build it yourself, you can just get their kit too.

http://www.rspropmasters.com/product/armour-helmet-and-strapping-pack-bundle-in-kit-form-2/
http://www.rspropmasters.com/product/armour-helmet-and-strapping-pack-bundle-in-kit-form-2/
I also recommend checking out. https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

Any question you have will probably have been answered dozens of time in there and there's a Sale section where people are always unloading their stuff for great deals.

ARK ARK
Listen to jaypesoz jaypesoz for sound experienced advice and compare build notes with Jim Shady Jim Shady . Both dudes have done multi outfits. Funny timing cause saw Anovos with special promos for ST kits past couple months (Anovos is one of few legit commercial sources, but have issues just like other makers).
Just do your research. Would also suggest making contact with local Garrison Command for onsite help. How I finished out my stuff.
Good Luck.

https://www.501st.com/maps/

Respect, that is such a cool display. Miss being in the Bay Area where had access to equipment & expertise to build. Had no choice but went with Anovos for the complete ATAT Driver and complete SnowTrooper to fulfill Collection goals. Took a look at the timeline:
ATAT Driver-order 1/27/2015, received 5/5/2017.
Snowtrooper-order 12/25/2014, received 2/2018.

Thank goodness I haven't seen a complete First Order TIE Pilot up for sale. Yet.
Finished product is really nice. Encourage anyone buying more prop like goods to do research. The RPF is a good start. Props and costumes are a weird business hobby. Be aware.

giphy.gif

IMG_0030.JPG

[\QUOTE]

Yeah man like
jaypesoz jaypesoz said whitearmour.net is a great source of information RS prop masters is one of the more acurate storm trooper armor around I grab the anovos because they had a stupid low price for the build it yourself kit at the time I think it's doubled since then but it's still pretty affordable there's also a difference in price if you're willing to do alot of the building yourself in my case I actually enjoy the build aspect as much as having the finished product it's sort of like therapy and it's really fun watching it come together

Back
Top Bottom