Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HIS OWN FATHER MURDERED DOZENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OF KIDS.

Dozens, fam.
What does that have to do with Luke?

Does Luke even specifically know that? :lol:

You can't seriously be making the weak connection that Anakin killed Jedi kids so somehow it tracks that Luke would briefly consider killing his own nephew that he's training :lol:

Nah son. That's some full on Sidious plan B **** :lol:

And "child" like Ben was some baby, he was a grown *** man. A powerful, potentially dangerous, grown *** man. And he had a single, momentary, evil thought.
Oooohhhh so now Ben was a grown *** man.

Rian did a terrible job depicting that.

The flashback did not at all come off *** Luke training a grown *** man :lol:
And regretted it, immediately, and felt total shame.
Irrelevant.

You don't get what I'm saying if you think this matters.

Hisf ather went blade deep in dozens of younger children.

But hey, let's ignore that and pretend there's zero chance Luke could have a single weak moment like that's some horrible writing. :lol:
This is a truly terrible stance.

You're literally pawning off Anakin's actions on to Luke.

Like murdering children is something the Skywalkers can't help. Its hereditary right.l? Thats what I'm ignoring :rofl:

This can't be a serious counterpoint.

I say it's bull **** how they went about showing Luke thinking of killing his own nephew cuz he was powerful and troubled and you say but Luke's dad killed a bunch of kids. Like man do not defend horrible writing with horrible arguments. This is just dumb now.

This also kinda shows you didn't pay any ****ing attention to RotJ. Like the climax and final scenes. Also nobody was manipulating Luke to consider killing Ben.

If this is Rian's reasoning it makes it even poorer storytelling by him.

This goes back to what I said about quality. This is like saying the prequels were **** so it's okay if the sequels are **** too just not as ****ty.

Last edited:
It's his father. His extremely powerful father. Someone who turned in the blink of an eye.
You can't grasp his son having the tiniest sliver of him in him? :lol:

You don't want to see it, and that's fine. You wanna ignore it, that's your right.

Rian did a poor job portraying Ben wasn't a child? It was the same actor, fam. :lol: He didn't use some other boy to portray his youth, it was still Adam Driver. Late teens, early 20'sish. He wasn't 7 or some ****

Still his nephew, but not a child, stop tryna dramatize it.

And let's not ignore the fact that Luke was dead on right. Boo hoo, uncle scared me, ok, the Galaxy needs to bend to my will, everybody dies.
That's EXACTLY why Luke sensed he was dangerous. He had his grandfather in him . (You know, the guy you can't grasp Luke, his son, would have even a smidge of his trait in him, but Leia's son does :lol: )

Kylo easily coulda been like yo, uncle Luke, what you doin fam? Relax unc, we good. Let's move on.

No, he went completely the other way. He went warlord and killed his own pops among many many many others. (Like the rest of the Jedi trainees Luke was teaching)

You blame Rian for poor writing with Luke and his nephew, but ignore that Luke was in fact right. Spot on, even.

It's ok tho. That's your stance, others agree with you. Same as others agree with me. Nothin wrong with that. "Certain points of view"

rey so op she gon bring luke and han back to life in 9

Considering the TFA/TLJ movies take place literally, on a 3-Day weekend, I wouldn’t doubt it:lol:

WellgroomedIncomparableChevrotain-small.gif

It's his father. His extremely powerful father. Someone who turned in the blink of an eye.
You can't grasp his son having the tiniest sliver of him in him? :lol:
What is the basis of this reasoning?

Anakin did not raise Luke.

How is sociopathy inherited? Sounds like something you made up and I guess you think it makes sense.

Anakin turned in a blink of an eye under a set of specific circumstances. He didn't stub his toe and go off killing children. Nor did he come to some revelation and kill a bunch of kids.

You talk about ignoring things and then you ignore the PT, what Sidious was obviously doing to Anakin in RotS, and a whole bunch more to make this dumbass argument :smh:

And to think previously you claimed I was ignoring something.

You're not making sense now or really thinking about this with any depth. This is just some remedial his father did it so there's a chance Luke might be like that too nonsense.

You don't want to see it, and that's fine. You wanna ignore it, that's your right.
The audacity to say I don't want to see something when your argument and reasoning is dumb as ****.

You literally go about ignoring specific things to make this comparison and accuse me of ignoring soemthing.

I'm not ignoring Anakin killing children. In saying it has absolutely nothing to do with Luke. Its neither nature or nurture.

Rian did a poor job portraying Ben wasn't a child? It was the same actor, fam.
Do I have to explain what a flashback is? The passage of time from an event in the last to The consequences playing out in the present :lol:

You just gonna pretend? :lol:

:lol: He didn't use some other boy to portray his youth, it was still Adam Driver. Late teens, early 20'sish. He wasn't 7 or some ****
****ing remiedial right now.

You can't have it both ways. It can't be Ben was a grown *** man but since we're talking about kids it's okay if Luke thought about killing a kid cuz his dad snapped and actually killed a bunch of kids.

Now you just including contradictions to this poor stance.

And let's not ignore the fact that Luke was dead on right. Boo hoo, uncle scared me, ok, the Galaxy needs to bend to my will, everybody dies.
That's EXACTLY why Luke sensed he was dangerous. He had his grandfather in him . (You know, the guy you can't grasp Luke, his son, would have even a smidge of his trait in him, but Leia's son does :lol: )

Kylo easily coulda been like yo, uncle Luke, what you doin fam? Relax unc, we good. Let's move on.

No, he went completely the other way. He went warlord and killed his own pops among many many many others. (Like the rest of the Jedi trainees Luke was teaching)
:rofl: @ all of this.

Your take on this just got dumber now.

Yo uncle Luke what you doing b? Why you got ya lightsaber out while I'm sleeping? Stop playing unc? This a training exercise? Or were you thinking of killing me? Let me sleep yo

You blame Rian for poor writing with Luke and his nephew, but ignore that Luke was in fact right. Spot on, even.
This is irrelvant.

Now you're saying killing children is cool if you think you're right about them going down the wrong path.

Nevermind the fact the only reason Luke was "right" was cuz he failed. Nevermind Like completely missed Snoke ****ing with his own nephew while he was suppose to be training him. Nevermind that, Luke gives up after he failed him.

Sure, I ignored all that.

Not to mention of course Ben ends up a killer. It was written that way in the first movie :lol: Rian tried to explain it and failed. Try to at least be aware of what you're talking about man.

If one person establishes a character who was close to the good guys as the bad guy in the first movie and then somebody else in the next movie wants to reveal how that happened it's totally on them for how well that reveal went. Its like you're purposely being daft about storytelling.

You sound wild dumb saying Luke was right. When his actions literally played a huge part in setting things in motion.

You don't get to say you're right about thinking some kid will be a killer when you get caught thinking about killing that person and it's a huge betrayal in their eyes.

Its crazy I even have to explain that to you.

For instance, Obi-Wan was wild worried about Anakin from ep I yet when it fell on him to take care of Anakin, train him, raise him he not only did that but became like a brother to him on top of being a mentor. He didn't ponder on killing Anakin in his sleep. So ****ing stupid.

Also lets kill this weak *** comparison of the lame *** character of Ben Solo/Kylo Ren to Anakin Skywalker. They're too different and to try to simplify this down to their relation so it was bound to happen or more likely to happen is just idiocy.

Ben Solo obviously has his own set of severe mental problems that made his descent in to the dark side far more easier. The lack of focus on it and the story told to show how he became that way is poor.

Not a surprise if you like and enjoy it though.
It's ok tho. That's your stance, others agree with you. Same as others agree with me. Nothin wrong with that. "Certain points of view"
I never said it wasn't okay for you to have a dumbass stance or for others to agree with said dumbass stance.

You can keep repeating I'm ignoring things while you make up stuff that either doesn't make sense or have no bearing on the topic but after wading through all your bull **** we just get back to some poor storytelling and worse execution.

Last edited:
they really had luke almost kill kylo because he sensed snoke was getting in his head? :lol:

whos idea was this? rian or jj?

the rollin 60’s crips are being a bad influence on my nephew and trying to recruit him. i better go get my shotgun and kill him in his sleep before that happens
:rofl:

the mighty luke skywalker who believed in his father enough to sacrifice himself, was ready to execute his nephew. the same luke who the resistance was so thirsty to find in episode 7, the same luke that snoke and kylo were trying find to kill because he was the only thing standing in the way of world dominance.

yet rey who only knew him for one day sensed theres still good in him after seeing him kill his own father with her own two eyes

telling me after kathleen read this script she was ready to hand the keys over to rian for a whole new trilogy?

and this is the person disney extended the contract of?

Last edited:
the rollin 60’s crips are being a bad influence on my nephew and trying to recruit him. i better go get my shotgun and kill him in his sleep before that happens
:rofl:
****ing hilarious :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Everything else is on point but this specifically is mad funny.

People need to seriously think about that template of writing and apply it to other things to see why it's such poor storytelling.

that **** is gonna be awesome

im so thirsty for star wars im watching that new series lego star wars all stars lol

seeing my ***** ackbar damn near shed a tear

Disney recently announced that Dave Filoni, who has worked on “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” and “Star Wars Rebels,” will direct the first episode of the series. “Thor: Ragnarok” director Taika Waititi, Bryce Dallas Howard, “Dope’s” Rick Famuyiwa, and Deborah Chow (“Jessica Jones”) will direct additional episodes

Oh that's dope.

pedro pascal would have been a better poe. him and fighting elton john were the best parts of kingsman 2

I don't even think she's that great of an great actress, but if she does what she did in Fast 5, I'm totally cool with this.

It says “Fans say”, but they really made an entire video about something some guy named Thor Skywalker said?

I agree TLJ sucks and there’s way too many reasons to argue that case but for them to make this video and say it what “Broke Star Wars”, it just screams filler content for their YouTube channel:lol:

Back
Top Bottom