Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
didn't realize Solo flopped..not Justice under performed, straight up flopped.

If there was ever a movie destined to fail not just in Star Wars, but for any franchise, this was it. There were so many times from the second it was greenlit to just stop and do something else but someone really wanted this movie to come out, when it did, how it did.

After it was all said and done, it was just a “whatever” movie, with no replaybility or anything memorable, that’ll go largely forgotten. Meanwhile, Lord & Miller out here making Classic movies and winnings Emmy Awards *shrugs*

If there was ever a movie destined to fail not just in Star Wars, but for any franchise, this was it. There were so many times from the second it was greenlit to just stop and do something else but someone really wanted this movie to come out, when it did, how it did.

After it was all said and done, it was just a “whatever” movie, with no replaybility or anything memorable, that’ll go largely forgotten. Meanwhile, Lord & Miller out here making Classic movies and winnings Emmy Awards *shrugs*
agreed. That movie was destined to fail. No one really asked for this movie. Fired directors and all. No matter how good the actor was he couldn’t replace Harrison Ford. Plus coming off the TlJ it was dead on arrival

agreed. That movie was destined to fail. No one really asked for this movie. Fired directors and all. No matter how good the actor was he couldn’t replace Harrison Ford. Plus coming off the TlJ it was dead on arrival

Adding backstory and narrative when it really was not needed. One major pitfall was that the life/death scenarios that Han & Chewie face in 'Solo' are pointless as both cats go onto have several more adventures.

Disney belongs in the Fool's Wildin' thread for green-lighting this trash.

I have hope for the future of SW. It's peaks and valleys. The MCU was functional but not flourishing until about a decade ago. There are just too many moving parts when it comes to films.

And for no reason...
IMG_20190304_170145560~2.jpg

One major pitfall was that the life/death scenarios that Han & Chewie face in 'Solo' are pointless as both cats go onto have several more adventures.

With this logic, prequels or based on true life event movies are going to always be a disappointment for you.

They dropped the ball when they didn't include Boba Fett or any of the other major bounty hunters in this.

Nobody asked for a Solo spinoff but it was literally the easiest story to do with so many characters with Fett being the main bad guy, but Disney had to be Disney.

But at least there’s an Easter Egg with Tom Cruise’s Last Samurai armor with a cheaply painted Mandalorian helmet, right? That’s what the fans want:rolleyes

12ED2174-C88C-4899-9A56-7661C7697C62.jpeg

With this logic, prequels or based on true life event movies are going to always be a disappointment for you.

See Rogue One was fine as a stand-alone 'prequel' but this takes an established character, brings him back to the big screen after decades as a washed old man, subsequently kills him off then tries to get the viewer interested in some backstory that predates the original trilogy that no one really gave a damn about.

To be honest, they could've pitched the movie as an original film set in the Star Wars universe with differently named characters and it would've fared much better.

In your defense though, I'm no fan of prequels or 'true life event' films so I may not have even been the target audience for this joint. :lol:

Eh, I couldn't care less about seeing 70 year old Luke, Han and Leia on screen. I honestly wanted them recast as younger characters and show something closer to the end of Jedi. So I just take Mark as having sour grapes. I understand why he doesn't agree, but not everything needed to be about those 3 characters.

That said, if Disney told them it was gonna be a certain way, and went the other, then that is messed up, I do see that.

But we always knew Han was dying, we all did. Harrison wanted to die in Jedi, I knew he wasn't coming back for 3 damn films. :lol:

Han could have been killed off since Harrison did not want to continue. However, you can still tell a cohesive story with Luke and Leia.

Back
Top Bottom