Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So its safe to assume that BB has the best blu-ray combo with the steelbook?

For the cover, yes, but for content, I think it's Target. The extra interviews and background stuff, deleted scenes, etc is worth more to me than the cover. Also, it's 2 dollars cheaper than the Best Buy one.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the steelbook, but no extra content, and more expensive just doesn't add up for me.

And Maul didn't encounter Vader...I want that encounter even though we know who would win
could be a way to kill Maul for good, at some point in the show its gotta happen

Not complaining because Maul has been one of the best things during TCW/Rebels but that really cheapens Obi Wan's victory in Ep. I meaningless as ever. Makes Qui Gon's sacrifice for nothing :smh:
I get what you're saying but Qui-Gon didn't sacrifice himself, he straight up lost to Maul one on one.

Aint like he pulled an Obi-Wan against Vader and let himself die.

For the cover, yes, but for content, I think it's Target. The extra interviews and background stuff, deleted scenes, etc is worth more to me than the cover. Also, it's 2 dollars cheaper than the Best Buy one.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the steelbook, but no extra content, and more expensive just doesn't add up for me.

Just scooped up my copy from BB and it says it comes with deleted scenes, secrets of the force awakens, and other stuff. Does Target have other stuff?

Just scooped up my copy from BB and it says it comes with deleted scenes, secrets of the force awakens, and other stuff. Does Target have other stuff?

Iono, Target said thier's was exclusive..... :nerd:

Last edited:
target only has extra packaging and 20 minutes of extra bonus interviews which you have to download on play disney so its not much extra

i just said **** it and bought from amazon. waiting for mail man to come now

Target's version of the film is the only one to include exclusive special features on the disc, in addition to "an exclusive collectible package" that folds out to show detailed character art. According to the Target website, its version of The Force Awakens includes "...over 20 minutes of bonus content, including a never-before-seen interview with the film's breakout stars, Daisy Ridley (Rey) and John Boyega (Finn). You'll also get a behind-the-scenes look at how the actors trained for their incredible stunts and fight scenes, interactions between the new and veteran cast members, a closer look at how the props team designed and produced some of the film's new weapons, and lots more."

So maybe it's just basic interview stuff the other disks don't have?

Then that would make the SteelBook better if it has the same deleted scenes as all the others but the nicer packaging.

Digital content really isn't that enticing when it will more or less be available online one way or another. Considering I probably wouldn't watch the "exclusive" content more than a handful of times, I opted for something more tangible & went with the steelbook.

Digital content really isn't that enticing when it will more or less be available online one way or another. Considering I probably wouldn't watch the "exclusive" content more than a handful of times, I opted for something more tangible & went with the steelbook.

I'm gettin ready to head out in a lil bit and see what looks best, but from the guy that said Target's sucked, I'm leanin the Steelbook now. We'll see in few. :smokin

I didn't care for the steelbook's cover so I went with the Target despite it not being top notch quality and the extra content not really being worth it.

I also don't care about steelbooks//special editions/whatever that much for Blu-Rays. I assume because of Netflix/pirating/etc. I haven't cared as much about building up my Blu-Ray collection. I kind of impulse bought TFA today as it is and rarely buy Blu-Rays in general. The only time I really get them is as gifts.

It's a stark contrast to my extensive DVD collection back in the day.

I'm gettin ready to head out in a lil bit and see what looks best, but from the guy that said Target's sucked, I'm leanin the Steelbook now. We'll see in few. :smokin
I bit on the I-VI steelbooks so I fell in trap.

I need that jango ugh

Hey man I know the struggles been real for you. If you still need him I found the entire wave at my spot today and picked him up. If you no longer need I'll hook someone else up. You got dibs though so lmk. No Ahsoka wave yet.

View media item 1981584
I will eventually find Jango for retail. Haha!

I didn't care for the steelbook's cover so I went with the Target despite it not being top notch quality and the extra content not really being worth it.

I also don't care about steelbooks//special editions/whatever that much for Blu-Rays. I assume because of Netflix/pirating/etc. I haven't cared as much about building up my Blu-Ray collection. I kind of impulse bought TFA today as it is and rarely buy Blu-Rays in general. The only time I really get them is as gifts.

I said the same thing until Leon & The Fifth Element came out with steelbook versions.

Is the Target one really that crappy of packaging?????

I don't think so.. it actually felt better once I unwrapped it.. but it's just thin cardboard packaging. I still like the design and images better than the steelbook.

I'd say just go with whatever design you like better.

I have zero steelbooks, and frankly don't really like them, but I don't want a cheap knockoff copy of this film either.

:smh: Why can't they just put out one solid *** Blu Ray like everybody else. :lol: I KNOW they gonna drop a SE in 6 months and that's just gonna piss me off.

I have zero steelbooks, and frankly don't really like them, but I don't want a cheap knockoff copy of this film either.

:smh: Why can't they just put out one solid *** Blu Ray like everybody else. :lol: I KNOW they gonna drop a SE in 6 months and that's just gonna piss me off.

What are we gonna do when the trilogy releases on some amazing bundle deal? :smh:

What are we gonna do when the trilogy releases on some amazing bundle deal? :smh:

Do we what we always do, pay for it like idiots. :lol:

I have (or had at one point) like 4 different copies of the OG trilogy, and I'm still tryin to get the Harmy version. :lol: :smh:

I went with the regular Blu Ray from Target with the black case. $20. Call it good there.

I'm sure there'll be a trilogy release in 2019-20.

Basically all the versions have the same stuff as far as deleted scenes, making of and such. That target bonus is about the equiv of something you probably already saw on youtube just edited different. Target would have to pay a pretty penny for some serious extras.

Hey man I know the struggles been real for you. If you still need him I found the entire wave at my spot today and picked him up. If you no longer need I'll hook someone else up. You got dibs though so lmk. No Ahsoka wave yet.

View media item 1981584

I actually picked one up from BBTS last week, but thank you!!! :nthat:

I'll let you know if I find Ashoka, ep. 4 luke, or kanan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom