Statistics UNAPPRECIATION

Why the hell do I need Statistics for a Journalism major anyway?
indifferent.gif
I don't give a damb about standard deviations, population means, Sigmas, Z-scores, standard error of the mean, proportions or the rest of that %!@%. This class moves WAY too fast in the summer man. I'm done with this, its for the birds
/rant

Btw I've managed to get an 82% so far but I'm sure that will change after today's test
30t6p3b.gif

Now that I've stressed myself out
Spoiler [+]
5947.jpg

Why the hell do I need Statistics for a Journalism major anyway?
indifferent.gif
I don't give a damb about standard deviations, population means, Sigmas, Z-scores, standard error of the mean, proportions or the rest of that %!@%. This class moves WAY too fast in the summer man. I'm done with this, its for the birds
/rant

Btw I've managed to get an 82% so far but I'm sure that will change after today's test
30t6p3b.gif

Now that I've stressed myself out
Spoiler [+]
5947.jpg

Pretty sure Im gonna need to take this class, not lookin foward to it that much

Pretty sure Im gonna need to take this class, not lookin foward to it that much

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

maybe journalism isnt your thing if you dont know why you need to know stats 
laugh.gif

I knew how to read and analyze data before I got in this class. I dont need to DERIVE the data to be a Journalist.Matter of fact, I might be a producer or work in Public Relations. How is Statistics going to help me in Public Relations?

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

maybe journalism isnt your thing if you dont know why you need to know stats 
laugh.gif

I knew how to read and analyze data before I got in this class. I dont need to DERIVE the data to be a Journalist.Matter of fact, I might be a producer or work in Public Relations. How is Statistics going to help me in Public Relations?

I said the same thing with all History classes, most English classes and Science classes. I'm trying to be a business major, the heck do I need those for?

I kind of wish you could just take classes relevant to what you want to do in life, although I guess people can make the case that those classes can be relevant.

I said the same thing with all History classes, most English classes and Science classes. I'm trying to be a business major, the heck do I need those for?

I kind of wish you could just take classes relevant to what you want to do in life, although I guess people can make the case that those classes can be relevant.

Why would you need to know statistics for journalism? Well, if you ever write a piece on anything involving data, you're going to need to know statistics. Statistics are used for any given data set. Such is life.

Why would you need to know statistics for journalism? Well, if you ever write a piece on anything involving data, you're going to need to know statistics. Statistics are used for any given data set. Such is life.

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

OP you need STAT specifically for Journalism? I'm assuming he doesn't need STAT specifically, but just a math course to satisfy his general stuff.

Usually it's either STAT or College Algebra no?

OP you need STAT specifically for Journalism? I'm assuming he doesn't need STAT specifically, but just a math course to satisfy his general stuff.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Yeah its just to satisfy General Education, but I think all of those courses are useless because they dont help me at all, save English 300 (College Level English)

heavenlee777 Im in STAT300 (Introduction to Statistics)

Back
Top Bottom