Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Durden7

Its an unnatural motion. Your hyper-extending your arms which puts your shoulders at risk of being out of alignment.  Its not a guarantee that youll injure your shoulder doing it, but it certainly is a high risk movement.

I dislike anything that is "behind the back __".  Its very unnatural as I said.  There is nothing functional about those exercises.  No one ever pulls something down behind them, pushes something from behind them or shrugs it from behind them. 

I read this in Men's Fitness...a couple issues back. So i stopped doing behind-the-back shrugs, behind-the-back dips, and anything behing the back

IMPORTANT QUESTION: guys how do you personally BEAT cravings... ive been goin 1 week and a half straight perfect dieting. and i just caved into a #1 at in n out
smh.gif
i'm so guilty

^i look at myself in the mirror.... or i just look up pictures of fat people.

Originally Posted by gberdin

IMPORTANT QUESTION: guys how do you personally BEAT cravings... ive been goin 1 week and a half straight perfect dieting. and i just caved into a #1 at in n out
smh.gif
i'm so guilty
Best thing to do is live and act like it never happened.

Originally Posted by gatorad3

smh.gif
i'm so guilty
its natural to get cravings like that (obviously). the more active you are the more you are going to want to eat. just know when you treat yourself that you should work it off on top of your regular workout...dont have to necessarily punish yourself cause its ok to sneak in the goods every now and then, just remember to not get carried away and stay focused.

i'm just finally starting to get back into shape myself. trying to burn off all my "daddy weight" haha. started lifting about 4 weeks ago. kinda focused on getting my benching up so i can get into city league football to stay active. started at 135 to jump start, then went to 185 the following week, 205 a week later, and been going up 10lbs every week since. still stuck on curling 40lbs...anybody have good advice on how to get that up at a good steady pace?

first day of lifting....

last week.... the lighting actually makes it look a little better than it really is, but its def getting solid and defined

Can anyone gimme tips and information on Compound exercises/workouts. I've been doing isolation workouts for the past 6 months and I'm seeing results but I want to kick it into overdrive with the fat burning and muscle growth with compound workouts.

For those that are cutting weight:

does it really matter what time you eat as long as u watch your caloric intake?

ex: say i can only take in 1700 calories a day to cut weight.

throughout the day, i take in 1500 calories..and right before bed, i get a little hungry so i eat a can of tuna (120 calories) and hop right into bed. Would this be any good to cut weight? Or would I be gaining more weight from sleeping right after eating?

Thanks.

It doesn't matter what time you eat food... what I do myself what most would call "intermittent fasting". I eat all my food at the end of the day for the most part. On workout days I drink protein shakes after. I lost weight this way like 10-15 lbs and got stronger as well. I've been *%$*%%# up lately and I'm trying to look better before my birthday in a couple months.

Laced Up: my advice would be to get your form correct in compound exercises.. I've had a couple times where I've been close to "hurting" myself from improper form (deadlifting/squatting)

I squatted for my first time 195 yesterday and I just started squatting 190 last week. I completed all reps and sets (3x6). During the middle of today around 12-1pm my knees wasn't feeling so good
ohwell.gif
.. I guess that means I gotta go back down to 190 tommorow.

I'm almost positive your squatting wrong then. No one should START squatting at 190. When you squat do your knees move forward (away from your heels)? If so, you're probably squatting wrong.

I don't know if my heels are moving forward but I always do bodyweight squats prior to squatting.. that doesn't count? I guess Imma start warming up with 135 or something then... good lookin on the advice.

Quick question:

Im currently doing P90X... 2nd week.

Has anyone done the P90X workout, and also lifting on the side? Or is that a bad idea?

I did squat for like the first time in almost 2 weeks.
5x8 starting at 315 Moved to 385 and was done.
Kind of wanted to do 405 on my last set but oh well.

I'm gonna start an intense cut today for the next 5-weeks. What's better...heavy weights at 4-8 reps or doing 10+ reps? Also, what percentage of my daily calories should come from carbs? It's almost impossible for me to keep my carbs low...I still get like 150g on a 'low' day.

StaXX wrote:
I did squat for like the first time in almost 2 weeks.
5x8 starting at 315 Moved to 385 and was done.
Kind of wanted to do 405 on my last set but oh well.

another reminder i need to catch the $+++ up in my squats!
smh.gif
frown.gif

my squat is damn near my bench.... ridiculous. seems so unnatural to me

I don't know if my heels are moving forward but I always do bodyweight squats prior to squatting.. that doesn't count? I guess Imma start warming up with 135 or something then... good lookin on the advice.

I think you misunderstood me, or I wasn't very clear. The heels obviously stay in the same place, what I meant to say was your shins should remain perpendicular to the floor. In all honesty Id record myself squatting just the bar if I was you, then post it up here or something. My squat still isn't anything to write home about, I arch my back too much to make up for my lack of abdominal strength
ohwell.gif

smh.gif
i'm so guilty

This...I'm giving a presentation tommorow on weight loss and this is one of the things I'm saying

Had my wallet stolen from gym locker today.
$300 gucci wallet, only $30 in cash and alll my cards/ID.
Lock your stuff up guys!

How do hack squats compare to regular squats? I do all of my lifting at home and I don't have a squat rack, so hack squats are all I can really do.

If they're nowhere near as effective, I'm gonna start going to the gym for my leg day.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Had my wallet stolen from gym locker today.
$300 gucci wallet, only $30 in cash and alll my cards/ID.
Lock your stuff up guys!
you didn't lock your stuff up?

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Quick question:

Im currently doing P90X... 2nd week.

Has anyone done the P90X workout, and also lifting on the side? Or is that a bad idea?
what type of lifting? p90x is supposed to be intense enough

Benching without a spot FTL. I didn't get stuck or anything, but I know I could handle more weight or a few more reps if I just had someone there. I always stop when I feel like I MIGHT get stuck on the next rep. Still had a good chest workout today, but I always train alone so I feel like it hold me back a little. I need to find a decent training partner, but finding someone who wants to and is willing to train the same way you do is tougher than it sounds.

When doing the arnold press, or shoulder press... I heard its not good for your back to be touching the seat, is this good or bad? Or it doesn't really matter if you have back support?

Back
Top Bottom