Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

durden-the term "brah" has biomechanical properties that promote the absorption of knowledge at a higher rate than with words such as "man", "homie", and "dude".

Spoiler [+]
jk brah

i just got in from a run i lAstesD 10 min b4 i STARTED HUFFING AND BLOWING IM OUT SHAPE CRAZY

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Any advice on curtailing one's appetite after working out?

I'm trying to lose fat and came home from a great workout...did shoulders + squats + deads + 30 minutes of cardio...ate a nice meal but was still starving afterwards...I ended up eating like 1500 calories (protein shake, salad, chicken breasts + olive oil, like 1 cup of almonds) and I feel like I ruined all my hard work
smh.gif
frown.gif

eat 5 meals a day 3 hrs apart. the first week of my cut was brutal, very fatigued. I get more thirsty now for some reason

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

inflation=pump

your blood is filling your muscles brah.
Are you saying you want a perpetual pump? There are a fee ways to achieve that.
For one steroids lol but seriously just continue working out. I know some supplements help in kind of keeping that pump. Supps with icarin in them kind of help. But if you keep at it you will keep your inflation.
Unless if by inflation you mean bloat. No one enjoys bloat. Bloat sucks. Bloat is your enemy.
man all i know is my muscles get extremely big after i work out ... i dont know if it's a condition or something ... i know it sounds stupid but certain other things in my body get extremely big when they get "worked out" and then deflate much the same
laugh.gif
... i dunno if it's my body type or what but if it's blood rushing into my muscles then that "correlation" makes sense ...

Wrath

I do compete yes but am not currently no as i'm fighting a pinched nerve in my lower back, Im not doing the fasting right now i eat what i want. i walk around at 5% BF on a daily basis and the way i do it i maintain it well when i wanna go up i do....Wrath are you dehydrated is that why your more thirsty?

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

inflation=pump

your blood is filling your muscles brah.
Are you saying you want a perpetual pump? There are a fee ways to achieve that.
For one steroids lol but seriously just continue working out. I know some supplements help in kind of keeping that pump. Supps with icarin in them kind of help. But if you keep at it you will keep your inflation.
Unless if by inflation you mean bloat. No one enjoys bloat. Bloat sucks. Bloat is your enemy.
man all i know is my muscles get extremely big after i work out ... i dont know if it's a condition or something ... i know it sounds stupid but certain other things in my body get extremely big when they get "worked out" and then deflate much the same
laugh.gif
... i dunno if it's my body type or what but if it's blood rushing into my muscles then that "correlation" makes sense ...
you make it sound like you suffer from a disease or something lol like you get a bodywide erection or something.
it sounds like your new to the whole gym thing. seriously, it's what is known as the "pump". google it if you want. and stop masterbating so much.

ive gotten pretty in shape 5'9 179 pounds i dont know my bodyfat but i do have veins running through the bottom of my abs etc..this guy is my motivation hes just a regular guy as well no bodybuilder hes 25 i think at 5.3 percent body fat..he has basically the best triceps ive seen
tridep1.jpg
0328001146a.jpg
abs2.jpeg
serratus2.jpeg
abs1.jpeg

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive
you make it sound like you suffer from a disease or something lol like you get a bodywide erection or something.
it sounds like your new to the whole gym thing. seriously, it's what is known as the "pump". google it if you want. and stop masterbating so much.

He's just coming everywhere!

pimp.gif

That dude has an amazing physique. No romoooo

I'm officially starting the BodyBuilding.com 12 week challenge starting tomorrow after seeing this:
http://www.bodybuilding.c...rmation-micah-massey.htm

He had the exact same body type, height, bf% and weight I'm at right now before he started his 12 week challenge.

Gonna go on his training and eating plan:

Meal 1:
Meal 2:
Meal 3:
Meal 4: Pre-Workout
Meal 5: Post-Workout
Meal 6:
Meal 7:

Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Arms
Wednesday: Back
Thursday: Shoulders
Friday: Legs And Abs
Saturday: Upper Body Circuit
I'm obviously gonna cut down on the cardio from 2 hours to around 30 minutes each workout day. 2 hours everyday is insane 
laugh.gif

I can appreciate the effort that went into getting that physique, but to me its too low of a % to live with.

Physiques like that are very "unnatural" to me.

his meal plan Meal 1 0830: 25g whey shake

Meal 2 1030: 42g new whey liquid protein

Meal 3 1230: Grilled chicken salad with 2 oat rolls

Meal 4 1500: Protein bar

Meal 5 1900: PWO shake 50g whey protein, 30g waxy maize starch

Meal 6 2000: Grilled chicken breast or any other lean meat really, sauteed broccoli, baked potato/oats/rice

Meal 7 2200: 25g whey shake

Meal 8 2400: 25g whey shake (only if I’m starving on a carb depleted week or if I didn’t meet my protein goals for the whole day)

I should mention this diet above was my cut diet. Maintenance would probably have twice the carbs and a little more fats. I like to snack on rice cakes, peanut butter, almonds, apples, and strawberries. I will eat or drink some snacks/sweets here and there when I can fit them in.

Aside from the protein shakes/bar, the 2 solid meals fluctuate depending on what I’m doing diet wise. If I’m on a cut I will budget my carbs accordingly to meet my end goal numbers, if I’m in an offseason mode I will fit in regular food from time to time (burgers, pizza, sandwiches, etc.) and not worry about it as long as its not a daily thing. If I’m on a diet though for a specific goal it’s all lean meats, green veggies, and the right amount of carbs for where I am in the diet. Last week of dieting carbs are tapered off (ie 150g monday, 130g tues, 120g wed, etc. etc.). I base these carb numbers off how I look in the mirror. If I’m still soft I’ll drop the carbs more, if I’m looking good I’ll keep more carbs in. Protein is the only set number in my diet regardless of what I’m doing. These days I’ve found that 280-320g of protein is ideal for me. Carbs and fats are totally dependent on the situation.

Bottom line for dieting is meeting your macro goals for the day. If you need to eat 2400 calories and 250p/200c/and 60f a day for your diet, your body doesn’t really care how it gets them, as long as it gets them. If you eat lots of sugars and fats you will reach your goal numbers too soon in the day and will find yourself starving. That’s why when you diet, you typically want to eat complex carbs because they take longer to digest and will keep you feeling fuller longer. But, if you want to fit in a slice of pizza, and it doesn’t screw up your numbers for the day, then by all means eat it. This will keep you sane while dieting because it can really become a blur after a while when you only eat boring foods.

Durden

I got a couple questions for ya about personal training and wheres Chewtoy been? Did you get certified man?

those guys must've gone through a @#*@!%%% of protein. I can't see myself consuming more than 2 in a day and that's rare.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

TylderDurden or anyone else that wants to take a stab at this.

Some folks around me have been told about a diet system in which you are told to fast on certain days. I am asking them why they feel it is effective and they sent me a picture of this super cut-up dude that apparently uses the same system. Naturally since dude looks like that, they won't listen to anything I have to say about it. They keep using the, "Humans today are brainwashed into believing fasting is a bad idea."

What would you say to your friends if you were me?
Do some research on the benefits of intermittent fasting. There are numerous studies done that show long list of benefits that one can receive by fasting regularly. Even once or twice a week has a load of benefits. It's true though, humans are brainwashed by modern society that fasting is bad. I say don't knock it until you try it or atleast do some research on it. Research shows that it increases HGH production as well as creates a more favorable body composition.
Look up LeanGains, Eat Stop Eat, or Fast 5 for more info
funny this keeps coming up.  after all you've posted on intermittent fasting nealraj i decided to give it a try, along with some of the primary principles of the primal/paleo/caveman diet.  i went pretty extreme and tried to not eat until 5pm and stop around 11pm at least 5 days out of the week.

it's been about 3 or 4 weeks, and the results are pretty wild.  i've dropped weight surprising easy, even to a weight i haven't been since high school (my previous low weight range was 148-150, but i'm right around 142 right now, without having to think much at all about "having" to eat at any certain time.  not only that, but after about a week of adjusting to it, i don't have anything like the hunger pangs i had when i would try to eat 5-6 small meals a day.  my muscle mass hasn't taken a hit either, and i've only really lifted once a week (full body split) so far.  hardly any cardio to speak of, besides bball once a week (2-3 hours).  and it's not like i'm starving myself either.  i'm eating well when i do have a meal
pimp.gif
.  as long as i'm not gorging myself, there's no issue with having a meal when you want to or eating "party" food or anything like that.  the paleo aspect of the diet helps in this aspect, because insulin (and therefore blood sugar and energy levels) are better regulated when carbs are limited.  call it crazy or radical or stupid, but there's a lot about modern nutrition that really doesn't consider the complexities of energy regulation.  to be blunt, i think it's very shortsighted to believe that calories in = calories out.

I have to go to another gym for two weeks due to a floor renovation at my gym.

I've been to the other gym before but god I hate that place now. One 2mx2m space to do free weight exercises and they even fitted a power cage there
indifferent.gif

Oh well it's only two weeks.

Originally Posted by iLLest

^ So basically, if I wanted to give it a try... I wake up and don't eat until 5 pm. And from 5-11 I can eat. And then fast up until 5 again? I want to give that a try if that's how it works. Is it hard to work out under those circumstances? And also, can you drink water in the gap from 11-5. like throughout the day? Thanks in advance.
nah, as i said before, the 5pm start time is kind of extreme.  u could try something like 1pm-7pm or noon-6pm or 2pm-8pm.  you really don't have to limit your "food window" to 6 hours, but you can work up to it.  maybe you could start with an 8hr window.  it's really up to you.  or you could do the 24 hr fast once or twice a week (for example, eat dinner, don't eat until dinner 24hrs later).  i've tried working out, and it's not too bad.  there is an adjustment period, so don't go throw yourself into an hour and a half lifting session with cardio afterwards while you have any feeling that you're getting light headed.  i wouldn't recommend doing much cardio at all unless you really enjoy it.  bottom line, it's really not necessary with intermittent fasting.  if you do sports or run a lot, then you can add in some carbs right before and/or right after to if you need to sustain high energy output for longer periods of time.  water is fine at any time. 

i suggest looking into the paleo/primal diet as well, because i don't think it would be a easy or efficient if you ate your normal diet.

Pana, I tried that 135 lb., 100 rep "challenge" and finished in 4:23 and some change. The weight caught up to me relatively fast but I could certainly feel it afterwards and definitely today. Did some other cheest exercises after and left the gym feeling really good. Appreciate you posting that.

Originally Posted by jdub55

Wrath

I do compete yes but am not currently no as i'm fighting a pinched nerve in my lower back, Im not doing the fasting right now i eat what i want. i walk around at 5% BF on a daily basis and the way i do it i maintain it well when i wanna go up i do....Wrath are you dehydrated is that why your more thirsty?
i don't think i am but i'll up my water intake

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Pana, I tried that 135 lb., 100 rep "challenge" and finished in 4:23 and some change. The weight caught up to me relatively fast but I could certainly feel it afterwards and definitely today. Did some other cheest exercises after and left the gym feeling really good. Appreciate you posting that.
Thanks man.  Glad you had a good workout.  I like just trying different things and challenging my muscles in different ways once in a while. 

Today's workout (just finished):
Wide Grip Chins, superset w/underhand cable pulldowns 4 x 10 each
Deadlifts 4 x 10.  Didn't go as heavy.  I pulled a max dead for a single at 515 last week.  This week I was training with a partner an he's had lower back issues in the past so we stayed a little lighter in deads.  Didn't go above 275 but jesus, a couple sets of 10 reps with 275 is exhausting.
Finished with T-bar rows, ending with a drop set of 30 reps starting from 4 plates and stripping down one at a time to failure until I finished 30 reps total.  Exhausting but I feel great now. 

Reached a PR on the flat bench last night which was 185lbs.

Interesting conversation that led to the PR.
laugh.gif

Him: "Yo, man.. I'm tired of seeing you bench the same weight.."
Me: "Yea, I can definitely do more if I had a spotter.."
Him: "Oh, I'm here for you, throw on some quarters and lets go.."
Me: "
eek.gif
, ok"

Knocked out 7 reps of 185lbs.. then another set of 5 reps.. then finished off with 15 reps of 135lbs..
pimp.gif

I have been doing DB bench and incline, and I have gotten minimal results.. I think I will switch back to BB now..

Feel like I have hit a plateau so I am dropping my reps to 5 x 5s and increasing the weight. 

I kinda fell off with my diet too , but I'm back mixing it up with more whole food proteins now instead of drinks.

Took this this morning after my back workout.

4 x 10 shoulder length pullups palm forward

5 x 5 dumbell row 70lbs

5 x 5 bent over rows underhand 135

5 x 5 cable row 170 lb

5 x 5 deadlift 225

Felt pretty good

Had a mini myoplex 20 gram shake oatmeal and two egg whites for 2nd breakfast post workout

Back
Top Bottom