Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Thanks ChewToy112, Durden7, PanaRicanRetro for the responses.

What would you recommend for core exercises?

I just want to scream from the top of a mountain I've lost over 15 lbs in 2010!! WOO WOO

I don't have a mountain though so NT will do.
smile.gif

audi-vent it man. let it all out. we're here for you fambizzle.
oh and did you ever finish bioforge? how would you review it? i'm almost done with my 4th week...not sure how to review it yet.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

Quick question..

What is the best workout for abs (to loose a little fat on my core and strengthen it) that I can do at home? I don't currently have a gym membership. I usually just do crunches. Thanks.
You won't lost fat on your midsection by doing ab exercises.

k. What would be the best exercise to loose fat in my midsection?

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Quick question..

What is the best workout for abs (to loose a little fat on my core and strengthen it) that I can do at home? I don't currently have a gym membership. I usually just do crunches. Thanks.
You won't lost fat on your midsection by doing ab exercises.

k. What would be the best exercise to loose fat in my midsection?
you cant target areas for fat loss. any exercise + calorie deficit can get you fat loss

Originally Posted by AJChick23

I just want to scream from the top of a mountain I've lost over 15 lbs in 2010!! WOO WOO

smile.gif

Congrats.

I just passed the 20 lb. mark this week.

But I am a member at Planet Fitness
& we don't have all the equipment for the beginners workouts I saw on BB forum we have this "stationary bench/ squat" & dumbells & machines....
1zmo57r.jpg

Planet%20Fitness%20004.jpg

I was going to do the routine with these exercises:
Squats [Can Do]
Bench Presses [Can]
Bent-Over Rows [Maybe not sure if it means barbell or dumbell]
Overhead Barbell Presses [cant or can i use dumbells]
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts [Cant]
Barbell Curls[Cant]
Calf Raises[Can]
I know I can bench, squat and do calf raises. But what can I use for the other exercises since we dont have free barbells?

hey nt..iv just started going to the gym and eating healthy..my question is do you guys take a "CHEAT" DAY? meaning 1 day when u can eat whatever u want? i goo to the gym 6 days a week and have 1 rest day..i was just woundering if you guys do what they call cheat day?

Originally Posted by MOB 650

hey nt..iv just started going to the gym and eating healthy..my question is do you guys take a "CHEAT" DAY? meaning 1 day when u can eat whatever u want? i goo to the gym 6 days a week and have 1 rest day..i was just woundering if you guys do what they call cheat day?
1 cheat meal every 2 weeks or a month IMO.
You can have indulge in the foods youve been craving but of course in moderation 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Workout failurz.

Time spent at the gym: 2 hours

Time spent actually working out: 1 hour.
That's actually pretty good.
laugh.gif

TIme spent at gym: 1.5 hours
Actual Training Time:  (approx) 12 minutes

I average about 16 sets a workout with 4-5 minutes rest in between sets and each set takes about 45 sec. to complete.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

smile.gif

props
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i love hearing women talk about their progress

I've been developing some pain in my left leg because of all this barefoot driving. I gotta start wearing shoes while driving again. For the 9 months I've been driving stick, I haven't run into any problems with the occasional barefoot drive. But for about a week or 2 I've been doing mainly barefoot driving and I'm seeing issues that never arouse while wearing shoes.

down from 250
sick.gif
in late January to 228 last night

I didn't work out for a week and ate pretty unhealthy (my birthday and my sisters birthday) and I was surprised to see that I didn't gain an ounce.
pimp.gif

Squats [Can Do]
Bench Presses [Can]
Barbell Curls[Cant]
Calf Raises[Can]
I know I can bench, squat and do calf raises. But what can I use for the other exercises since we dont have free barbells?

that looks like a smith machine? sure you can do bent-over rows. as far as overhead barbell press, i'm assuming that's the military press so you can do that on the smith as well. for stiff legged deads and curls u can use dumbbells. since you're limited, why not alternate w/ dumbbells every other week for bench press, military press? look into hammer & zottman curls and dumbbell lunges.

So how long do you guys rest between excercises and sets. Between sets I get 45-50 sec and between excercises I rest 3-4 minutes. If i'm trying to build a bit of mass should I tweak my resting time?

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

So how long do you guys rest between excercises and sets. Between sets I get 45-50 sec and between excercises I rest 3-4 minutes. If i'm trying to build a bit of mass should I tweak my resting time?

depends on the exercise for me, though pretty close to what you do. if it's a chest/tris or shoulders day i do 30-45 seconds between sets with about 2 mins between exercises, i tend to rest about 1-1.5 mins between deadlifts and maybe 2-2.5 mins between barbell front/back squats or any taxing leg exercises in general. if i rest too long, i'll end up talking too much to any workout buddies, lose focus and ruin my workout
laugh.gif

not sure about tweaking the rest time to build mass, though i'd think it would be a good idea to do just that and maybe the exercises/sets/reps all together for adaptation purposes if i'm not getting sore anymore. but that's just me.

Originally Posted by RetroXIII

Squats [Can Do]
Bench Presses [Can]
Barbell Curls[Cant]
Calf Raises[Can]

that looks like a smith machine? sure you can do bent-over rows. as far as overhead barbell press, i'm assuming that's the military press so you can do that on the smith as well. for stiff legged deads and curls u can use dumbbells. since you're limited, why not alternate w/ dumbbells every other week for bench press, military press? look into hammer & zottman curls and dumbbell lunges.
Aight, thanks fam

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Hey guys quick question.

When doing reverse flys are you focusing your energy on the back part of the shoulder or the entire shoulder? I'm not really sure how to ask this question because I never feel like i'm doing these right or bent over raises like Durden said. Help?
frown.gif

Hey what are you guys eating for post workout carbs? Looking to broaden my horizons
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

smile.gif

props
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i love hearing women talk about their progress
 thanks for the love guys, I'm feeling good
pimp.gif
and digital022 congrats to you as well!

Originally Posted by rhester

But I am a member at Planet Fitness
& we don't have all the equipment for the beginners workouts I saw on BB forum we have this "stationary bench/ squat" & dumbells & machines....
1zmo57r.jpg

http://www.planetfitness....anet Fitness 004.jpg src="http://www.planetfitness.com/clubs/10309/photos/Planet Fitness 004.jpg">
Squats [Can Do]
Bench Presses [Can]
Barbell Curls[Cant]
Calf Raises[Can]

Yeah, that's a smith machine.  You can use that for smith machine squats, Deadlifts, Romanian Deadlifts (you-tube the form.  You should feel your hamstrings (above the back of your knees!) stretch out when you lean back), Bent-Rows, overhead presses and drag curls on the smith machine, but I would look into using the dumbbells more to do as many free-weight exercises as possible, i.e. dumbbell bench presses, one-arm dumbbell rows, dumbbell romanian deadlifts, dumbbell overhead presses, walking lunges, dumbbell front squats, dumbbell upright rows, etc...  Smith machine exercises should come secondary after free-weight exercises except for an occasional change of pace.

Back
Top Bottom