Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Alaudi why drop casein? what you eating before bed time? Cottage cheese?

Animal cuts helped me on my cut during summer, might do an EC stack after winter bulk.

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

Alaudi why drop casein? what you eating before bed time? Cottage cheese?

Animal cuts helped me on my cut during summer, might do an EC stack after winter bulk.
You don't really "need" anything before bed.

Damn, i am doing IF, and surprisingly it's pretty darn easy.

Buuuut i crapped out blood/shiiiiit today and barely crapping. Not cool bros.

My IF schedule, i'm doing fasted workouts:

Workout-12-2pm(Sometime around those periods)

Drink 2 scoops of whey+ dextrose 20-30g- After workout

Post workout meal-3-4pm
3eggwhites 2 whole eggs, bowl of spinach, 2 chicken breasts, 1/4 a bowl white rice, teaspoon of AB/PB, and an apple-fist size.

My 2nd meal is just the same amount of eggs, tablespoon of AB/PB and a banana or broccoli.

Is this alright? I don't want to add any more carbs for fiber, so what should i replace?
I drink a crapload of water like recommended by the creator, to control sodium, as well.

Originally Posted by NjCollector

Damn, i am doing IF, and surprisingly it's pretty darn easy.

Buuuut i crapped out blood/shiiiiit today and barely crapping. Not cool bros.

My IF schedule, i'm doing fasted workouts:

Workout-12-2pm(Sometime around those periods)

Drink 2 scoops of whey+ dextrose 20-30g- After workout

Post workout meal-3-4pm
3eggwhites 2 whole eggs, bowl of spinach, 2 chicken breasts, 1/4 a bowl white rice, teaspoon of AB/PB, and an apple-fist size.

My 2nd meal is just the same amount of eggs, tablespoon of AB/PB and a banana or broccoli.

Is this alright? I don't want to add any more carbs for fiber, so what should i replace?
I drink a crapload of water like recommended by the creator, to control sodium, as well.
Looks like you're barely eating. Eat more real food. All I really see is protein
Maybe you should ease into it. It might "feel easy", but it really can be a big shock to your body. Slowly push your first meal back.

some of yall sound like you just need some solid meals. we've said it once : its called a supplement for a reason

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

I'm debating if I should start using creatine or not... can somebody post their thoughts about it?

just do your research...all your going to get is mixed reviews

I think the recommended daily fiber intake is 30g... what if you go over? I think I might start taking a fiber supp...

and make sure your fasted workouts have a protein source 15mins ahead of time! 10g BCAA is recommended i think, but i just take a scoop of ON whey

Originally Posted by roc4life24

some of yall sound like you just need some solid meals. we've said it once : its called a supplement for a reason
Word. Especially for people that are "cutting". You really should be getting the nutrition you need from whole foods. Supplements don't have that satiation factor that whole foods have.
Brett, one thing I learned from the Warrior Diet is about how tastes change how you feel about food and how you enjoy it. You should probably start out with a salad for your first meal. It makes sure you get your daily fix of fiber, plus you get loads of other nutrients. Also, salads are less aggressive tasting, so if you eat something more flavorful after, you'll enjoy both. But if you just ate something sweet first, then ate a salad, it wouldn't taste nearly as good. The first meal should be less intense and aggressive tasting than the others IMO because your taste buds are "reset" when you fast.

So whey is no good then?

Damn. I just started on "my cut" as well and replaced damn near my entire meals with whey.

Any advice on how to get there with regular food and NOT be tired as +%@% at the end of the day?

A low carb diet makes you feel tired bro ^.
It's good tho, just up the carbs a bit on training days and higher fats on resting days, what i do. And i only consume whey before/after(mostly after) workouts.

Ohhhh, 30g of fiber? That must be it i think i'm only getting 18 at the most...but damn, how the hell does the dude expect me to get that much fiber when that postworkout meal gets me so full and bloated.
I guess i'll add some beans and eat a shiiitload of broccoli, no pun.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

So whey is no good then?

Damn. I just started on "my cut" as well and replaced damn near my entire meals with whey.

Any advice on how to get there with regular food and NOT be tired as +%@% at the end of the day?
you probably been eating the wrong $%*# if you aint getting no energy from it.

No.

I eat very healthy it's just that my day starts at 6 and ends around 11 so between a workout, classes and work I have points where my energy dips and I'm not trying to just eat all day or drink energy drinks to maintain. I don't eat processed crap and cook most of my food from scratch.
EDIT:

I guess the question is, how do I lower my carb intake and maintain energy? Is there a food (not supplement) that's best for energy during this phase?

intrabolic ehh i dont know

ive been taking it daily, might as well since i already bought it and opened it

about halfway through the tub. gotten a bit noticeably stronger and bigger. how many scoops do you take though? 1, 2?

managed to get 100 dumbells x 8 yesterday for 5 sets as a new pr. chest has been growing ever since i started going all the way down, tucking my elbows a bit and not locking out at the top

and my hip is healing finally, which took like 6 months!? jesus christ

im still going to play it safe and stick to the leg press though

tired of feeling like chicken legs

"going all the way down, tucking my elbows a bit and not locking out at the top"

+ focusing on contracting on the way up, with a slight pause at the bottom.
greatest feeling
pimp.gif

So whey is no good then?

Whey is very processed. It doesn't have many of the micronutrients found in whole foods. They're just as important as the macronutrients it provides.
As long as you eat in a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. Look into Eat Stop Eat. It might be good for your schedule.

brett, why you keep asking about good sources of fats/carbs? Fats: nuts, seeds, dairy, eggs, meat, coconut, avocado, oils

Njcollector, fiber is easy to get IMO if you eat whole foods. Fruits, vegetables, beans, grains, nuts, etc. I can eat pounds of vegetables fairly easy. 

So whey is no good then?

im sorry but
indifferent.gif

and you wonder why you had no energy, thats what happens when you dont eat FOOD. whey is not food.

NT fam i am busy and i was wondering if anyone knows an effective and good workout that i can do like in 30-40 min running or weights
nerd.gif

From a strength/functional perspective, would it be beneficial to do DB incline chest press on the same day as a BB bench press. Im in a compound programme, but out of my legs, shoulders and chest, my chest is the slowest to grow..

I always bench with a spotter as it gives me a pyschological boost..

Back
Top Bottom