Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Don't use straps, and go real heavy on shrugs/rack pulls/dead lifts/etc
I like to pause at the top of my dead lift and hold for grip strength.

then again my wrists are smaller than my 7 year old sisters.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by nikestreetdotcom

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Finally, hit 300 on bench yesterday at 175lbs. 
pimp.gif

Alex
5'9 170 380 2 reps u mad?

Not at all. Nice work!
And btw, why are you always so negative?

Alex
because he's 5'9 
laugh.gif

shots....fired?

Just a word of advice.

Real heavy deads (off of the floor; 90%+ 1rm) should only be done every once in a while. The risk/reward with these particular deads is very poor.
1RM off the floor deadlift can be improved without ever doing heavy off the floor deads.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Just a word of advice.

Real heavy deads (off of the floor; 90%+ 1rm) should only be done every once in a while. The risk/reward with these particular deads is very poor.
1RM off the floor deadlift can be improved without ever doing heavy off the floor deads.

I do 5RM week 1, 3RM week 2, and 1RM week 3... with week 4 being a deload (50%).
So.. over kill?????

pimp.gif

Alex

Not at all. Nice work!

Alex
because he's 5'9 
laugh.gif

Don't believe you. All the way down, pause, all the way up? No powerlifting arched back bs?
Post video and even if you get 1 full rep I'll PP you $100.

unless you're joking...then joke's on me.
laugh.gif

If you ain't arching your back you should be not to the extent of powerlifters but some arc. it's on u tho lol like i said BB humor. I'm in the 300 range tho my partner is too frail for me to attempt a max.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by Humanflight4 23

Some of the things you guys are saying are brosciene smh.

Its simple in fat loss you need to up your cardio up in duration and times per wk followed by weight training. Eat grapefruit and watermelons it speeds and contributes to fat loss. And as stated before decrease carbs, fatty acids. AND GET SOME SLEEP AT LEAST 8 HOURS.. and while in this regimen listen to your body- if you're really sore and not mentality focused to go hard in the gym take a day but don't make it a habit!
You don't need to do cardio to burn bodyfat. Eating certain foods won't help fatloss if the rest of your diet is unbalanced.
indifferent.gif
 you dont need to do cardio to burn fat? have you ever bulked and prepped for a show lil dude? cuz thats the dumbest thing ive heard. My following post stated that you need a proper diet, workouts and sleep to see the true benefits of such a regimen.

indifferent.gif
 you dont need to do cardio to burn fat? have you ever bulked and prepped for a show lil dude? cuz thats the dumbest thing ive heard. My following post stated that you need a proper diet, workouts and sleep to see the true benefits of such a regimen.
Please, just leave now.
You called me out earlier for talking bro science, and it was simply 5 beginner tips.

Bro science is thinking 250g protein is going to get you massive.

You can lose 28 lbs of FAT in 30 days with the proper execution, oh and, no exercise necessary.

100% of test subjects in this study I just read did. Why can't other people? 

Just a word of advice.

I do 5RM week 1, 3RM week 2, and 1RM week 3... with week 4 being a deload (50%).
So.. over kill?????
All of the floor?

A little bit. Your CNS will get fried sooner rather than later.

To be honest, you don't need to 1RM even once a  month unless you're preparing for a comp. If you're pulling/ front squat is increasing than you pretty much know that your 1RM is increasing as well.

With pulling, it's good to work the individual groups than the whole chain. 1 weeks rack pulls, 1 week stiff leg.Romanian, 1 week platform (3-5 reps), and throw in a couple of speed sessions (70-75%) a month.

You'd be surprised how infrequently oly lifters pull (90%+; they really only do it when they're injured elsewhere and pulling is the only heavy work they can do) from the floor and P4P they have the best deadlift numbers. Pulling very heavy from the floor doesn't yield great results and the risk in terms of frying your CNS and injuries is substantial.

When you guys starting going to the gym, did ya'll start going by yourself or with a friend? I know it has nothing to do with the stay back in shape thing that's going on in here, but I'm trying to join the gym and none of my friends trynna come with. Might be insecurity since I need to put on some weight lol.

Some of the things you guys are saying are brosciene smh.

Its simple in fat loss you need to up your cardio up in duration and times per wk followed by weight training. Eat grapefruit and watermelons it speeds and contributes to fat loss. And as stated before decrease carbs, fatty acids. AND GET SOME SLEEP AT LEAST 8 HOURS.. and while in this regimen listen to your body- if you're really sore and not mentality focused to go hard in the gym take a day but don't make it a habit!
You don't need to do cardio to burn bodyfat. Eating certain foods won't help fatloss if the rest of your diet is unbalanced.
indifferent.gif
nealraj006 is right you don't need cardio to burn fat

Look at this guy:
1cqj3MJ94ZdSRH49mTRXs9zZFoBcqF1986.jpeg

He lost 170lbs in a year with ZERO cardio and lifted 4-5 times a weeks
Diet is the key

Here's his bodyspace profile:
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/gbone74/

Here's a quote from himself:
"Your diet makes you lose weight,cardio tacked onto this increases your deficit but diet is the main reason

The weights make you look better when you are done due to retaining muscle and potentially adding a bit.

I lodt 170lbs in a year never did cardio once and weight trainef 4-5x per week"

pimp.gif

Alex

Not at all. Nice work!

Alex
because he's 5'9 
laugh.gif

Don't believe you. All the way down, pause, all the way up? No powerlifting arched back bs?
Post video and even if you get 1 full rep I'll PP you $100.

unless you're joking...then joke's on me.
laugh.gif

If you ain't arching your back you should be not to the extent of powerlifters but some arc. it's on u tho lol like i said BB humor. I'm in the 300 range tho my partner is too frail for me to attempt a max.
Do 315, 1 sec pause....I'll PP you $50.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

When you guys starting going to the gym, did ya'll start going by yourself or with a friend? I know it has nothing to do with the stay back in shape thing that's going on in here, but I'm trying to join the gym and none of my friends trynna come with. Might be insecurity since I need to put on some weight lol.
Nobody really cares in the gym unless they see your doing something really stupid or crap form or something then they might help you out. If they laugh at you for struggling at benching just the bar they're jack__es

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Nobody really cares in the gym unless they see your doing something really stupid or crap form or something then they might help you out. If they laugh at you for struggling at benching just the bar they're jack__es
everyone has to start somewhere so don't worry about being insecure while in the gym.  also you can find a gym partner in the gym, when you start going you will start to see the same people.  

indifferent.gif
Please, just leave now.
You called me out earlier for talking bro science, and it was simply 5 beginner tips.

You can lose 28 lbs of FAT in 30 days with the proper execution, oh and, no exercise necessary.

I never singled you out i was reffering to the comments made in the 600+ pg thread kid. While on the subject of that study, i would must rather look shredded and athletic after my weight loss compared to the loose chkn skin thats associated with those types of fat loss.

On with the thread.

i always go by myself.

honestly i just throw on the ipod and its tunnel vision from there.

I dont make eye contact with anyone or speak to anyone.

its just me and my goal.

Greatness is my next door neighbor and ambition is my best friend.

and yeah....we hung out, alot.

LOL Club you a silly dude but that attitude is what gets you real flippin results, im the same way!. but i rock a hoody, hood on! aka dont bother me

Hoping to get a response this time around, heh...

Do any of you guys focus strictly on calisthenics, and not weight training? Been thinking about dropping weights completely, and only doing calisthenics/core workouts + cardio for the next few weeks. I've been trying to come up with a routine that fits me, but when working with weights...I constantly find myself tiring out quickly, having to drop the weight. Most days than others, I feel weak. Thinking it could be time to scrap everything and start from the beginning. Thoughts? 

So.. over kill?????
All of the floor?

A little bit. Your CNS will get fried sooner rather than later.

To be honest, you don't need to 1RM even once a  month unless you're preparing for a comp. If you're pulling/ front squat is increasing than you pretty much know that your 1RM is increasing as well.

With pulling, it's good to work the individual groups than the whole chain. 1 weeks rack pulls, 1 week stiff leg.Romanian, 1 week platform (3-5 reps), and throw in a couple of speed sessions (70-75%) a month.

You'd be surprised how infrequently oly lifters pull (90%+; they really only do it when they're injured elsewhere and pulling is the only heavy work they can do) from the floor and P4P they have the best deadlift numbers. Pulling very heavy from the floor doesn't yield great results and the risk in terms of frying your CNS and injuries is substantial.

I'm pretty worried about burning out, especially since my 'de load' week was basically pushing myself just as hard, but lower weights and higher reps.
I tink I'm gonna start doing this. thanks man

indifferent.gif
Please, just leave now.

indifferent.gif

Fa sho.

Any hinters as food I should eat befoer and after workout? How bout some exercises that will help me put on some weight? I wanna put on at least 20 pounds.

Thanks for the help gais!

Yooo!

Been following this post for new tidbits or motivation, but I just finished up P90x (Actually 10 weeks of it) and tomorrow I'm getting back into the gym. I CANNOT WAIT!

P90x was good. Gave me a new routine for a bit, and hit the muscles differently, but I am fiending for them weights. I missed me my squats, cleans, and deadlifts.

Starting off light the first week then hitting it hard.

IDK...Just felt like sharing.

yeah, im overweight (+200) and im tryna lose some LBS, but i probably wont have much times to hit the Gym this semester, or much time to work out.. however i know eating right is a start.. any suggestion on what types of food to stay away from to lose weight? I'm gonna try to stick to water and avoid most forms of carbs (bread, pasta, rice), but anything else is a great  help guys.. i figure in the mornings i will have time to do push ups/sit ups/crunches.. but my whole dietary plan is $%#*!* up.. any help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Yooo!

Been following this post for new tidbits or motivation, but I just finished up P90x (Actually 10 weeks of it) and tomorrow I'm getting back into the gym. I CANNOT WAIT!

P90x was good. Gave me a new routine for a bit, and hit the muscles differently, but I am fiending for them weights. I missed me my squats, cleans, and deadlifts.

how much weight did you lose in those 10 weeks?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Yooo!

i love p90x! it's what got me into working out. it taught me a lot about lifting and how to work out.

still do plyometrics for my soccer as well as the ab ribber X

Back
Top Bottom