Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by nikestreetdotcom

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by nikestreetdotcom

Finally, hit 300 on bench yesterday at 175lbs. 
pimp.gif

Alex
5'9 170 380 2 reps u mad?

Not at all. Nice work!
And btw, why are you always so negative?

Alex
because he's 5'9 
laugh.gif

Don't believe you. All the way down, pause, all the way up? No powerlifting arched back bs?
Post video and even if you get 1 full rep I'll PP you $100.

unless you're joking...then joke's on me.
laugh.gif

If you ain't arching your back you should be not to the extent of powerlifters but some arc. it's on u tho lol like i said BB humor. I'm in the 300 range tho my partner is too frail for me to attempt a max.
Personally, I don't like the whole powerlifter arch.  I have a video of the 300 bench if any of you are interested, I'll upload it to YouTube. I just have it on FB now.
Alex

IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PRE-WORK OUT PROTEIN SHAKE AND A POST WORKOUT PROTEIN SHAKE?
IS THE THINKS I BUT IN THE PRE-WORKOUT SHAKE THAT I DON'T PUT IN THE POST WORKOUT SHAKE OR ARE THE ALL THE SAME?

Originally Posted by imthekang

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Yooo!

Been following this post for new tidbits or motivation, but I just finished up P90x (Actually 10 weeks of it) and tomorrow I'm getting back into the gym. I CANNOT WAIT!

P90x was good. Gave me a new routine for a bit, and hit the muscles differently, but I am fiending for them weights. I missed me my squats, cleans, and deadlifts.

Starting off light the first week then hitting it hard.

IDK...Just felt like sharing.
how much weight did you lose in those 10 weeks?

Honestly bro, I don't have a scale so I have no idea. I had been slippin' for a few months before I decided to try P90X, so I can say that I notice the difference. There is some definite tone in my arms, back, and abs.

It works for sure. The only deal with me was that I didn't go all out with eating right. My results were pretty darn good, but could have been better if I nailed the diet portion.

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

When you guys starting going to the gym, did ya'll start going by yourself or with a friend? I know it has nothing to do with the stay back in shape thing that's going on in here, but I'm trying to join the gym and none of my friends trynna come with. Might be insecurity since I need to put on some weight lol.

i always go by myself.

honestly i just throw on the ipod and its tunnel vision from there.

I dont make eye contact with anyone or speak to anyone.

its just me and my goal.

Greatness is my next door neighbor and ambition is my best friend.

and yeah....we hung out, alot.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
 ... I respect this philosophy ... I have to take that attitude w/ me when I join my next gym

On a side note ::: I listen to Lil B - Blue Flame Daily ...
laugh.gif

When you guys starting going to the gym, did ya'll start going by yourself or with a friend? I know it has nothing to do with the stay back in shape thing that's going on in here, but I'm trying to join the gym and none of my friends trynna come with. Might be insecurity since I need to put on some weight lol.

Personally, I started going with a friend. It was cool because he taught me basics, you can motivate each other, there's room for friendly competition, and you can lock down a machine by alternating. Eventually, our schedules differed so I began going on my own. This has its own positives: you can invest as much time as you need, go whenever you want without having to sync schedules, get into your zone without interruption, and listen to music. If you can find a dedicated colleague, that's cool. If not, no problem. Lastly, no need to be insecure. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Hoping to get a response this time around, heh...

Do any of you guys focus strictly on calisthenics, and not weight training? Been thinking about dropping weights completely, and only doing calisthenics/core workouts + cardio for the next few weeks. I've been trying to come up with a routine that fits me, but when working with weights...I constantly find myself tiring out quickly, having to drop the weight. Most days than others, I feel weak. Thinking it could be time to scrap everything and start from the beginning. Thoughts?

Are you taking protein after workouts? Do you stretch? They say proper recovery is as important as the effort you put while you're in the gym.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Are you taking protein after workouts? Do you stretch? They say proper recovery is as important as the effort you put while you're in the gym.

if not MORE important.

obviously not more important than what you're doing in the gym lol...just trying to stress that rest, relaxation and recovery is a very important part of making progress

I got approached by some kid today while I was squatting. Told me I shouldn't do full range of motion because it's bad for my knees
laugh.gif
Unsolicited advice in the gym is definitely unappreciated.

Wawa, can you dunk? I'm just curious because I know you mentioned that you did Oly Lifting, and Oly lifters have great vertical jumps.

Originally Posted by DoEBoiFreshsince88

IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PRE-WORK OUT PROTEIN SHAKE AND A POST WORKOUT PROTEIN SHAKE?
IS THE THINKS I BUT IN THE PRE-WORKOUT SHAKE THAT I DON'T PUT IN THE POST WORKOUT SHAKE OR ARE THE ALL THE SAME?

You lost me after:
IS THE THINKS I BUT IN THE

Protein is protein, bro.

huh?

You lost me after:

WHAT I MEANT TO SAY, SMH @ MYSELF:
ARE THERE THINGS  I SHOULD PUT  IN THE PRE-WORKOUT SHAKE THAT I DON'T PUT IN THE POST WORKOUT SHAKE ?
OR IS A PROTEIN SHAKE MADE THE SAME WEATHER IT'S PRE OR POST WORK OUT?
EX: LIKE IS PUTTING AN APPLE GOOD FOR PRE WORK OUT OR IS PUT A PEAR BETTER POST WORK OUT?
SORRY IF THIS IS A DUMB QUESTION

Protein is protein, bro.

You lost me after:

WHAT I MEANT TO SAY, SMH @ MYSELF:
ARE THERE THINGS  I SHOULD PUT  IN THE PRE-WORKOUT SHAKE THAT I DON'T PUT IN THE POST WORKOUT SHAKE ?
OR IS A PROTEIN SHAKE MADE THE SAME WEATHER IT'S PRE OR POST WORK OUT?
EX: LIKE IS PUTTING AN APPLE GOOD FOR PRE WORK OUT OR IS PUT A PEAR BETTER POST WORK OUT?
SORRY IF THIS IS A DUMB QUESTION

Protein is protein, bro.

Don't bring the state of the atmosphere into your workout nutrition, bro.
laugh.gif
. Nahh... the best answer I can give you is: eat a source of complex carbs (60g), a source of protein (40g), and a source of fats (10g) prior to exercising, and following your workout just cut the fat.

You can add all sorts of things, swap the complex for simple, or even forget about the fat.... but in short, this is good practice for starting off.

If you dont know what these things are just google em.
alien.gif

Originally Posted by nealraj006

I got approached by some kid today while I was squatting. Told me I shouldn't do full range of motion because it's bad for my knees
laugh.gif

Wawa, can you dunk? I'm just curious because I know you mentioned that you did Oly Lifting, and Oly lifters have great vertical jumps.
Na, can't palm ball.
I'm on the shorter side but I can grab rim pretty easy. I think my weight also holds me back though (~185 lbs). 
Yeh the elite oly lifters have pretty ridiculous verticals. Even within the heavyweight class. 

There are plenty of football and bball players that would prob make great oly lifters but there ain't no money in the sport. 

laugh.gif
A few days ago some 80lb girl with the word "trainer" on the back of her shirt tried to tell me I was doing squats wrong because the bar "wasn't on the back of my neck". I stone faced while thinking of how to reply to something this stupid, then replied "it's called low bar position".. she said "your going to break your back" and quickly scurried away before I got a chance to respond 
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Na, can't palm ball.
I'm on the shorter side but I can grab rim pretty easy. I think my weight also holds me back though (~185 lbs). 
Yeh the elite oly lifters have pretty ridiculous verticals. Even within the heavyweight class. 

There are plenty of football and bball players that would prob make great oly lifters but there ain't no money in the sport. 

2 handed dunk maybe?
laugh.gif

I'd love to do some oly lifting, but it's so technique intensive that I couldn't do it on my own and there aren't any coaches nearby. I guess the best sub for me would be kettlebell stuff(snatches, swings, cleans)
I've read about how the average oly lifter has a better vertical than even NBA players. But they're basically jumping with the bar, so it makes sense.

Yes, I do....a scoop (just brought it down from two) of ON Whey after every workout. Stretch? Honestly, not as much as I should.

Actually had a great workout today, felt about as great as I would on a good day workin' with weights.

laugh.gif

Na, can't palm ball.

2 handed dunk maybe?
laugh.gif

I'd love to do some oly lifting, but it's so technique intensive that I couldn't do it on my own and there aren't any coaches nearby. I guess the best sub for me would be kettlebell stuff(snatches, swings, cleans)
I've read about how the average oly lifter has a better vertical than even NBA players. But they're basically jumping with the bar, so it makes sense.

Maybe you can find a club at http://weightlifting.teamusa.org/club-lwc-local-info/find-a-club ? 

havent work out in 6 months I ran a half court game last night and I was dying after just 30 minutes
ohwell.gif

anyone got any suggestions on how I can build back my stamina? Back then I was able to run at least 5 games of full court nonstop and I can get some lifting in there too but now only half court and my body gives up after that

for those of you who been working for 6+ months i recomend mhp dark matter a post work out drink. It helps you recover faster does contain a little creatine and it taste soo damn good.

2957610-3.jpg

laugh.gif

Everyone I talk to says that. For me, I always break parallel (or achieve parallel on really heavy sets cause of flexibility). When you think about it, if you don't go past parallel, that's bad for your knees. Instead of the weight being supported by your quads/hamstrings/glutes as you would parallel and past, it's all on your knees and calves. I guess some people just try and justify easier workouts
eyes.gif

did p90x day 1 today...
got dogwalked...couldnt finish it...thought i was going to pass out for at least a strong 45 min.
im so outta shape. still got do ab ripper x tonight.
itll feel good once i can actually do the exercises and get better over time

'touch rock bottom, cant go but up'- gucci

yo this keto diet is fn awesome

i been reading up on it more an more, but my results are great and the 1st week isnt even over................on saturday ill carb up 200 grams but sun-fri its good fats, egg/egg whites, huma pro, chicken, bison

im also on a 3 day full body routine

Back
Top Bottom