Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

What's up everybody, new to the thread. I been trying to workout recently and I wanted to know what yall thought about my splits. I'm a skinny sprinter so I'm trying to lift for strength

Mon - Chest/Back
Wed - Legs/Abs (core)
Fri - Arms/Shoulders

I keep my workouts around 30-40 minutes and I do 3 sets for about 4-6 reps per exercise.

Any advice?

What are some good foods to eat throughout the day or after working out to gain weight?

I'm talkin easy to make, cheap convenient stuff, because I'm in college. 
laugh.gif

what supplements should i be taking if i want to lose weight? vitamins? whey? ..

lost 35lbs already, need another 20-30 (i think i could do it in 2-3months)

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

What are some good foods to eat throughout the day or after working out to gain weight?

I'm talkin easy to make, cheap convenient stuff, because I'm in college. 
laugh.gif

Almonds, string cheese, PBJ, protein bars...

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

If you looking to drop 40 pounds you don't need any supps. I don't recommend any supps to people who are just starting to work out. I think you should def do a colon clense/detox. That's a quick few pounds you will +@@+ out. Do research, learn about nutrition you will drop major weigh just cleaning up your diet alone. No supps

yeah but cleansing is only gonna make him drop a couple lbs of excess crap (literally)

not fat loss like he wants.

How about pre work out? I've been taking Endorush these last 2 days and I have a CRAZY boost of energy and stamina.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

For a Post Workout shake, is this too much?

2x cups 2% milk
2x Scoop ON Whey
2x Tablespoons NPB
1x Non-Fat yogurt
1x Banana

Comes out to about 950 Calories

29.5g/92g/79g

Is that too much or should I cut out the yogurt?

kind of seems like a little too much unless you are making it a meal.

i never use milk but when i do its 2x scoop of ON, about 16 oz of milk, and about half a cup of oats chopped up
Well I am trying to bulk... I eat at least 6 meals a day, so this is basically my post workout/meal after the gym

If you are bulking, keep your shake the same.
In fact, throw in a cup of oats and two more tbps of peanut butter. 
devil.gif

I have two of those a day.. 1200 cals. and three "normal" "clean" meals 

works great

breakfast or pre workout meal:

2 scoop whey
1 cup oatmeal
2 tbs instant coffee
2 tbs flax seed
1 cup water

microwave 2 min

BOOOOMMMM

I have to start going Good Mornings (according to my Dad). I hate Good Mornings. Damn him and his old man wisdom.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

For a Post Workout shake, is this too much?

2x cups 2% milk
2x Scoop ON Whey
2x Tablespoons NPB
1x Non-Fat yogurt
1x Banana

Comes out to about 950 Calories

29.5g/92g/79g

Is that too much or should I cut out the yogurt?

kind of seems like a little too much unless you are making it a meal.

i never use milk but when i do its 2x scoop of ON, about 16 oz of milk, and about half a cup of oats chopped up
Well I am trying to bulk... I eat at least 6 meals a day, so this is basically my post workout/meal after the gym

If you are bulking, keep your shake the same.
In fact, throw in a cup of oats and two more tbps of peanut butter. 
devil.gif

I have two of those a day.. 1200 cals. and three "normal" "clean" meals 

works great

Yea like I said that's what I was thinking, its a good bulking meal... just not sure if I want that many carbs after a workout... lots of people don't recommend carbs directly after a workout

Yea like I said that's what I was thinking, its a good bulking meal... just not sure if I want that many carbs after a workout... lots of people don't recommend carbs directly after a workout

Who says that?

finally got my bottle of oxyelite pro. ill update in a couple weeks. took it today and felt hella good. havent even thought about food but forced myself to eat a light dinner.

i havent felt any of the thermogenic side of it so far but ill give it a couple days.

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

What's up everybody, new to the thread. I been trying to workout recently and I wanted to know what yall thought about my splits. I'm a skinny sprinter so I'm trying to lift for strength

Mon - Chest/Back
Wed - Legs/Abs (core)
Fri - Arms/Shoulders

I keep my workouts around 30-40 minutes and I do 3 sets for about 4-6 reps per exercise.

Any advice?
Full body 3x a week. Check out Starting Strength(buy the book, it's definitely worth it). If you're in season, don't worry too much about adding weight to the bar. Let your priorities take over your progress. If track is most important to you, then you might not mind adding 5 lbs to the bar every few workouts instead of every workout. You'll still be getting strong very fast

Anybody else have wild swings week to week in a single exercise?  I have no consistency in my bench whatsoever.
laugh.gif

I have 10 kilo swings week to week regularly.  Last week I worked up to 265 x 5 and I felt really good and today 240x5 felt difficult. 

I don't concentrate on bench too much so it must be my mechanics I think. I never have this problem with DB's btw. Only barbell bench. 

I'm almost certain it's mechanics. 

Originally Posted by Durden7

Who says that?
Based off stuff I read on the bodybuilding forums and peoples diets... Thats why im guessing majority of the protein shake supps are low in carbs

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Anybody else have wild swings week to week in a single exercise?  I have no consistency in my bench whatsoever.
laugh.gif

I have 10 kilo swings week to week regularly.  Last week I worked up to 265 x 5 and I felt really good and today 240x5 felt difficult. 

I don't concentrate on bench too much so it must be my mechanics I think. I never have this problem with DB's btw. Only barbell bench. 

I'm almost certain it's mechanics. 
Is your form strict? Is your carb intake consistent?
ii FLaSh ii wrote:
Durden7 wrote:
ii FLaSh ii wrote:

Based off stuff I read on the bodybuilding forums and peoples diets... Thats why im guessing majority of the protein shake supps are low in carbs

They are wrong.
Eat carbs. ESPECIALLY after a workout. 

In fact, more grams of carb than protein, even.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

I have to start going Good Mornings (according to my Dad). I hate Good Mornings. Damn him and his old man wisdom.

they're a great exercise.  GMs were essential for me to build my lower back strength to keep up with my squat/DL gains

Originally Posted by Durden7

Who says that?
Sadly, the large majority of people of the bodybuilding forums are ignorant when it comes to exercise.

My usual workout is m/w/f

Now ball has started on weds and sats.. how should i go around this?

Would it beneficial to go Sun/Tue/Thur - squats 2-3x a week, compounds the rest?

I just hate over training because I wont get to play properly due to being sore etc.. and I hate under-training - that feeling when you think you can push yourself.

Ok seems like Ill just stick with that shake... Taste really good btw!

That would really help towards my 3500+ calorie intake

Mon - Chest/Back
Wed - Legs/Abs (core)
Fri - Arms/Shoulders

Any advice?
Pretty good.  I personally don't like working legs.
Plus cardio sucks, but have to do it.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Mon - Chest/Back
Wed - Legs/Abs (core)
Fri - Arms/Shoulders

Any advice?
Full body 3x a week. Check out Starting Strength(buy the book, it's definitely worth it). If you're in season, don't worry too much about adding weight to the bar. Let your priorities take over your progress. If track is most important to you, then you might not mind adding 5 lbs to the bar every few workouts instead of every workout. You'll still be getting strong very fast
Aight cool, thanks I'll look into it 

Anybody here take Kre Alkalyn? Been taking it for about a month now and my strength has extremely improved but i've also have cut weight and dropped bf% so I highly recommend it.

Also for an athlete would you guys recommend MP assault, Jack3d or ON's preworkout mix?? Been taking Slingshot but that doesn't have the caffeine I want in it.

Anybody here take Kre Alkalyn? Been taking it for about a month now and my strength has extremely improved but i've also have cut weight and dropped bf% so I highly recommend it.

Also for an athlete would you guys recommend MP assault, Jack3d or ON's preworkout mix?? Been taking Slingshot but that doesn't have the caffeine I want in it.

Back
Top Bottom