Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by youngmoney

don't we have a recommended foods list up? we should put one on the front page... I've posted a shopping list like 5x 
tongue.gif

what is your age, height, weight, body fat, body type (ecto, mesmo, endo), and how many calories a day are your currently eating.

with those answers you can get a god idea of what to eat.

Today I deadlifted 345 x 2 ... supposed to be a light day, but when I ramped up to 315 and it felt like paper weight I just kept throwing on 5lbs plates

probably could have gone for 365 but I didnt want to push my luck 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Atlfootballer- chicken,steak, fish, occasional turkey sandwich, pbj, eggs, veggies, protein shakes.

That's not just 1 day
laugh.gif

If your trying to cut I would go without the pbj and turkey sandwich, steak is fine as long as its a leaner cut like flank steak for dinner, everything else seems fine as long as your portions are measured for your goals...  

^ i think a list was posted a few pages back, I remember seeing one at the most two weeks ago, but then again it could of just been me on a diff. forum

Quick question....Are you suppose to avoid sugar at all cost or is there a certain amount you can eat without worrying? I have the occasional coffee cake muffin in the AM with OJ. Also, is there good and bad sugars or is it all the same?

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

Quick question....Are you suppose to avoid sugar at all cost or is there a certain amount you can eat without worrying? I have the occasional coffee cake muffin in the AM with OJ. Also, is there good and bad sugars or is it all the same?

having a tiny bit of sugar in those things is fine, of course going overboard and eating nothing but sugar filled junk is bad for you. If your just having OJ and a muffin you should be fine

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

having a tiny bit of sugar in those things is fine, of course going overboard and eating nothing but sugar filled junk is bad for you. If your just having OJ and a muffin you should be fine

Thanks for the quick response man, appreciate it.

I won't even validate that other smart comment with an explanation
eyes.gif

Can anyone direct me to the right directions on proper eatting when training, i'm trying to get rip, and i'm a bit confuse about how many gram on what to eat ....thanks

Get abt 13 calories per pound of bodyweight with abt 1.5 grams of protein per pound, since you wanna get ripped i'd go with abt .5 grams per pound of carbs unless you want to do a keto diet... you can do more research through google but make sure your taking in good pre and post workout meals

Anybody ever do MMA training? Gonna try it on the next break I get when I go home and wanted some thoughts... Also I start "hot" yoga next week so I'm pretty excited, anybody have any experience with that either? Just trying to venture into different things.

Originally Posted by ATLfootballer

Anybody ever do MMA training? Gonna try it on the next break I get when I go home and wanted some thoughts... Also I start "hot" yoga next week so I'm pretty excited, anybody have any experience with that either? Just trying to venture into different things.
Alot of strength and conditioning, you'll most likely get cut. You won't get brolic unless you do weights etc. I'll say MMA training is more of a mental thing than physical appearance. You will build more confidence in technique and fighting, less on appearance. This is at the gym i go, not all are the same.

I just ordered p90x because its been hard for me to get to gym on a consistent basis lately (long work days + my gym having having horrible hrs). Anyone have any success using this program or did I just waste my money?

Originally Posted by MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA

Alot of strength and conditioning, you'll most likely get cut. You won't get brolic unless you do weights etc. I'll say MMA training is more of a mental thing than physical appearance. You will build more confidence in technique and fighting, less on appearance. This is at the gym i go, not all are the same.

ive been a Mixed Martial Arts practioner/part-time competitor for a few years now.

your cardio better be on-point or you will get handled

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

I just ordered p90x because its been hard for me to get to gym on a consistent basis lately (long work days + my gym having having horrible hrs). Anyone have any success using this program or did I just waste my money?

it works

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA

ive been a Mixed Martial Arts practioner/part-time competitor for a few years now.

your cardio better be on-point or you will get handled

Yea my cardio, strength is well above average I just want to get into it for another form of training for football.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Any of you dummies ever get random bruising after lifting? I was on vacay the last couple of days and my gf noticed a bruise on the inner side of my delts right where the traps and pecs meet. Its been growing and getting gradually darker since Friday.........

I get bruises (burst capillaries) on my forearms every single time I deadlift heavy with no straps. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dgk3188

tried a spin class tonight.

pretty hardcore. great cardio

plus the ladies =
pimp.gif
endless booty checks 
pimp.gif

I'd REALLY like to begin some sort of boxing or self defense course...

MMA is a little too touchy for me though. Sometimes I see matches and just SMH... male on male karma-sutra pg13 version 

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Any of you dummies ever get random bruising after lifting? I was on vacay the last couple of days and my gf noticed a bruise on the inner side of my delts right where the traps and pecs meet. Its been growing and getting gradually darker since Friday.........

I get bruises (burst capillaries) on my forearms every single time I deadlift heavy with no straps. 
pimp.gif

Thats nice man
pimp.gif
The bruise on my shoulder is funny, its like poop colored the size of a tennis ball just chilling on the tips of my delt
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

plus the ladies =
pimp.gif
endless booty checks 
pimp.gif

MMA is a little too touchy for me though. Sometimes I see matches and just SMH... male on male karma-sutra pg13 version 

dont speak on a subject you know nothing about.

thanks.

Anybody tried this MRM whey.  I was supplementing my protein with greek yogurt but realized I'm lactose intolerant so I'm about to give this a shot. 

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
Click to enlarge.
[/td] [td]
MRM Presents:
[h2] Metabolic Whey[/h2]
Low Carb!

100% Premium Whey Protein Loaded With BCAAs And Glutamine!
[/td] [td]

Out of 10

Excellent

[h2] Overall Rating [/h2] Read 15 MRM Metabolic Whey Reviews.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h3]MRM Metabolic Whey Product Guide[/h3]
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
blank.gif
[/td] [td] Metabolic Whey is a delicious, creamy, 100% whey protein formula. Our unique protein blend META-Pro is bioengineered to increase muscle size, strength and promote lean body mass. META-Pro delivers an optimal source of whey protein. It is produced by a state-of-the-art, low temperature, ultra-filtration process, which yields an extremely clean, high quality whey protein. This unique processing yields a High Biological Value protein, rich in branched chain amino acids and glutamine for advanced recovery, therefore, providing increased nitrogen retention.*
In addition, META-Pro is formulated with cross flow, ultrafiltered Whey Protein Isolate and NitroZyme. The biochemists at MRM have taken the "High Protein Diet" to the next level, without the worry of wasting ingested protein. The addition of NitroZyme helps break down long and short chain peptides into smaller, more readily absorbable amino acids for maximum absorption and digestion.* The problem with the "high protein" diet used by many athletes and dieters is that the body may be unable to naturally digest and absorb high amounts of protein at one time. NitroZyme helps the body release more amino acids from ingested protein than the action of digestive enzymes alone.* When an athlete takes Metabolic Whey (enhanced with NitroZyme), the body can absorb more free amino acids directly into the muscle tissue, which helps to increase muscle size, strength and lean body mass.

Metabolic Whey is the perfect protein supplement for reduced carbohydrates diets. It only has 2.5g of Carbohydrates per serving with zero added sugars (NO fructose nor sucrose). The carbohydrates are naturally occurring from the whey protein as well as the flavors. This formula was designed to provide your muscles with all of the essential amino acids required for maximum nitrogen retention necessary for muscle strength, growth and development. Metabolic Whey is a delicious protein supplement and is Aspartame-Free!
  • Zero added sugars
  • Award Winning Flavors
  • Increase protein synthesis and lean muscle mass*
  • NitroZyme - for enhanced protein absorption
  • Mixes Instantly
  • 100% Premium Whey Protein
  • Loaded with BCAAs and Glutamine
  • Aspartame and Acesulfame Potassium Free!
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

plus the ladies =
pimp.gif
endless booty checks 
pimp.gif

dont speak on a subject you know nothing about.

thanks.
Damn..
I cant help but
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tkthafm

pimp.gif

Thats nice man
pimp.gif
The bruise on my shoulder is funny, its like poop colored the size of a tennis ball just chilling on the tips of my delt
laugh.gif
eek.gif
 i got this once and was wondering what it was. small and under my armpit near my back. 
also heard vitamin E is good for preventing stretch marks from lifting, true? 

Back
Top Bottom