Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by rtz13

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

60lbs in 2 months...insane.

10 lbs in 2 months...doable. (basically 1 lb per week/eating 500calories under maintenance per day)
This dude sorta did it.

1M7fLSTP3BArx1GoovyoWrDIdxkws61467.jpeg
What was the diet/regimen of this dude?
sick.gif

This can't be real. Look at his nipples, they're different size and color. I say photoshop, but hey you never know. 

Originally Posted by Man E

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

This dude sorta did it.

1M7fLSTP3BArx1GoovyoWrDIdxkws61467.jpeg
sick.gif

This can't be real. Look at his nipples, they're different size and color. I say photoshop, but hey you never know. 

I think you got a misconception about the limits of photoshop.  And everything on dude is a different size and color.  That's 5 months, with the right dedication (and tanning salon) i can see that happening.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by Man E

sick.gif

I think you got a misconception about the limits of photoshop.  And everything on dude is a different size and color.  That's 5 months, with the right dedication (and tanning salon) i can see that happening.

That's only 4 months. 
And still doesn't explain how nipples can change in size.

Thinking about cutting after having a hard time gaining any more weight. Got a few questions.
-Im at 183 with 16% bf at 5 8, is it a good idea to cut or should i keep bulking?
-If i were to cut should I take simple sugars after a workout? I do when Im bulking.
-Is it possible to gain strength while on a cut?

I apologize if these are stupid questions.

I am not sure if anybody shops at GNC or uses BSN Syntha-6 protein. but they put the 5lb jug on sale for about 44 bucks (before taxes)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Thinking about cutting after having a hard time gaining any more weight. Got a few questions.
-Im at 183 with 16% bf at 5 8, is it a good idea to cut or should i keep bulking?
-If i were to cut should I take simple sugars after a workout? I do when Im bulking.

1. Cutting/bulking should be totally up to you.
2. No need to take simple sugars after working out even while bulking. Anyways, no need to do so when cutting since spiking insulin (by consuming simple sugars) will be counter-productive to your goal of burning fat.
3. Gaining strength on a cut is possible but very difficult to do and often out of your control. They say that your main priority while cutting should be to atleast maintain strength and/or limit strength loss to as little as possible.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

You seem to be at a good size for your height.
183lbs @ 16% = around 30lbs of fat
say you wanted to "cut" to 8% you would be around 168lbs. that's pretty damn lean... it all depends on what image you are going for or if you even care

I'm basically 'recompsing' which is to say I want to stay the same weight (180) and lose body fat... it's a SLOW and highly immesurable process....but having a consistent diet is much easier to maintain than constantly worrying about what to eat.
alien.gif

the thing about 'simple sugars' after a workout is to help 'send nutrients' to your muscles... it's not REQUIRED but it does help. If you consume too many simple carbs post workout it will be stored as glycogen and then turn to fat stores making your attempt at a cut counter productive. find the right amount to take after a workout and you wont have a problem?

I finally headed back to the gym today after 7 months lay-off. By the end of my workout I felt like passing out....heart was racing, right side of my brain was throbbing, felt light-headed. If it wasn't for the breathing/meditation techniques i've been working on for a couple years I would have def. passed out. I think I might have went too hard on myself first time back at it.

Felt good though
laugh.gif
It's good to test your physical limits sometimes.

Muscleknowledge.com is going to be running a referral contest here soon.  Its a chance to win some free supplements and be part of a great community.  Sign up now and look for details soon.  

well he's a vegan...

so i'm sure he can't get that "swole"

is that what you were getting at with that question?

I don't know what I gotta do to get my chest to grow, its almost frustrating... my bench is up to 350 and my arms are at 16 1/2 in. but my chest is failing to get any bigger.... What gives???

Originally Posted by ATLfootballer

I don't know what I gotta do to get my chest to grow, its almost frustrating... my bench is up to 350 and my arms are at 16 1/2 in. but my chest is failing to get any bigger.... What gives???

Your chest is probably HUGE if you can bench that... i think any further growth is limited because of genetics at that point
my bench is half that (srs) think of how I feel 
alien.gif

and just for @%%%@ i measured my arm (flexed, at the bicep area) and it's 15 1/2 inches. I dont know what that means but my chest is PATHETIC

increase reps and go until absolute failure... highest amount of stress to induce growth

I had the most messed up workout today ever. I'm recovering from the flu so my breathing was all messed which may have contributed to my unfortunate incidents today...99.9% of the time when I bench press or DB press I keep my feet planted in the same position in order to keep my body balanced...anyways today I was doing some DB bench and as I was squeezing out my last 2 reps I had to shift my feet probably because I couldnt breath properly...I ended up bringing my feet too far back and so I accidentally dropped a 70 pound dumbell onto my right foot
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. It doesnt hurt too much now but I'll probably feel it tomorrow.

Then I go to do a bit of flat bench and the same crap...I'm having trouble breathing and all of a sudden I pull my hamstring while pushing the weight up. I'm pretty sure it's a strain and not a cramp because my hamstring has been hurting pretty badly every since.

Finally, I go to do some dips to finish off my workout and I get cramps in my left foot forcing me to stop the exercise earlier than I wanted to.

I figure I was dehydrated or my improper breathing was limiting oxygen to my lower extremities or something...never realized how important breathing was while working out
30t6p3b.gif

Started hitting the gym again this week
this is how my schedule looks like

on Tuesday and Wednesday : straight cardio

Thursday : weight training legs

Friday or Sunday: weight training upper body

also on my weight training days i do a little running to close out the workout

am I getting enough cardio or am I over training

Dr_Kim_Nate_Newton_Story_0.jpg

seeing a recent pic of nate newton raised my concern of 

am I giving my body enough time and rest to respond properly to the weight loss

I mean im trying to reach my goal but at the same time Im not trying to look like franklin the turtle or a recovery victim as a result

Im about 6'3 350lbs trying to get down to 275lbs-250lbs 

^Hot damn you are a big body
laugh.gif
Good luck buddy!!!!

Any of yall that are dieting/watching caloric intake...... ever run into the problem of undereating and having a workout where you feel like throwing up, passing out, and just overall having an awful workout?? What are ways to prevent this from happening, obviously eating more, but some days I am in such a groove with not eating that I just don't feel the need. Today I was hover right around 1500 cals
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^Hot damn you are a big body
laugh.gif
Good luck buddy!!!!

Any of yall that are dieting/watching caloric intake...... ever run into the problem of undereating and having a workout where you feel like throwing up, passing out, and just overall having an awful workout?? What are ways to prevent this from happening, obviously eating more, but some days I am in such a groove with not eating that I just don't feel the need. Today I was hover right around 1500 cals
pimp.gif

1500 cals
nerd.gif
how much do you weigh and what is your goal?

That is definitely on the low side unless you are like 6% bf trying to get to 5%.

I weigh 199-203. My goal is to cut a little and get to maybe around 195, no lower than 190. I was at 215 3 weeks ago.
PS Harold Miner is chilling in Vegas and is an 'active real estate investor'. He also recently started to reconnect with USC, since he retired he kinda cut himself off from the mainstream/basketball world.

Back
Top Bottom