Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by BattsLM

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

Hey NT, i'm trying to bulk up but it becomes difficult when i'm always busy with school and work. What do you guys do? Any suggestions on what to eat/take/do to make my goal easier to achieve?
I have a desk job so it's pretty easy for me to eat on a schedule. In your case I say just plan the best you can.

Here are a few articles that may help you in terms what to eat, etc.. make sure you check out part 2 and 3 as well.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/anthony1.htm

^^ That article was exactly the reading material I needed.  Answered a bunch of questions .. Much Appreciation
pimp.gif

Situps are as effective as jerking off in relation to your abs.

If I'm not failing at <12 reps the weight isn't heavy enough... just like any other exercise.

I could probably do 400 situps without failing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Situps are as effective as jerking off in relation to your abs.

If I'm not failing at <12 reps the weight isn't heavy enough... just like any other exercise.

I could probably do 400 situps without failing
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
...Yea cause if you can do 400 curls, that means curls are worthless????
grin.gif

I understand your argument of quantity, but thats relative based on each individual. 100 situps may be more beneficial to me than you. Plus, your forgetting than I weigh more than you.
Just like the guys that weight 170lbs doing 30 pullups without breaking a sweat, for a heavier guy like me, its more of a workout..Catch my drift???

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

holy #$#* 
iice ur looking huge 
eek.gif

do u take protein??
Hanvt touched a protien shake in about 2 years. Im an advocate for whole foods but I may have to get something because of this contest, something for inbetween meals

Got an awesome workout today, i took 1 oxy elite, and ASSAULT an had crazy energy. supersetting ftw! my chest is finally starting to shape and look real nice. 
@dropten: nice physique man. that's motivation right there. 

Originally Posted by chuck67

Got an awesome workout today, i took 1 oxy elite, and ASSAULT an had crazy energy. supersetting ftw! my chest is finally starting to shape and look real nice. 

Thanks...appreciate it

Originally Posted by Dropten

Thanks...appreciate it
How long have you been lifting for? That really is motivation
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Thanks...appreciate it
pimp.gif

Started getting into it in my young teens, so about 15 years. But really started hitting the weights after i finally got a gym membership lol, about 4 years ago. I am a user of aas though, for medical purposes by my doc and about twice a year recreationally. So I dont want to take all the credit because there are other factors. I must say though, when I did start juicing I trained harder than ever before so its still not easy. 3 injuries so far.

Thanks...appreciate it
pimp.gif

Started getting into it in my young teens, so about 15 years. But really started hitting the weights after i finally got a gym membership lol, about 4 years ago. I am a user of aas though, for medical purposes by my doc and about twice a year recreationally. So I dont want to take all the credit because there are other factors. I must say though, when I did start juicing I trained harder than ever before so its still not easy. 3 injuries so far.

The entire point of AAS is to train at high intensities with more volume. Your workload capacity increases. 

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

pimp.gif

The entire point of AAS is to train at high intensities with more volume. Your workload capacity increases. 

The entire point????....ok buddy.

That is pretty much the entire point.  They speed up recovery and allow you train at higher intensities more frequently. 
There are secondary effects (both good and bad) but its main driver is as a recovery agent in the context of weight training. 

Guys in our facility who are on AAS can lift heavy (squat, c &J, snatch)5-6 times a week as a norm. Non AAS is more like 3 on the top end and it's not consistent over longer durations. 

Tendon and ligament injuries are common on AAS because your muscular development is growing exponentially while your tendon/ligament development is on a non AAS level . Tendons and ligaments strengthen through a derivative of HGH and not AAS. You're not getting injured because you're working harder (necessarily). It's because AAS heightens imbalances betweens muscles and tendons/ligaments. 

Working harder would depend on how hard you're working.
laugh.gif

If ,hypothetically, AAS increases your workload capacity by a factor of 3 then you'd have to work harder than 3x in order for you to actually have to be workign harder. It's not the best explanation but I think it gets the point across. 

That is pretty much the entire point.  They speed up recovery and allow you train at higher intensities more frequently. 
There are secondary effects (both good and bad) but its main driver is as a recovery agent in the context of weight training. 

Guys in our facility who are on AAS can lift heavy (squat, c &J, snatch)5-6 times a week as a norm. Non AAS is more like 3 on the top end and it's not consistent over longer durations. 

Tendon and ligament injuries are common on AAS because your muscular development is growing exponentially while your tendon/ligament development is on a non AAS level . Tendons and ligaments strengthen through a derivative of HGH and not AAS. You're not getting injured because you're working harder (necessarily). It's because AAS heightens imbalances betweens muscles and tendons/ligaments. 

Working harder would depend on how hard you're working.
laugh.gif

If ,hypothetically, AAS increases your workload capacity by a factor of 3 then you'd have to work harder than 3x in order for you to actually have to be workign harder. It's not the best explanation but I think it gets the point across. 
I see what your saying but your missing information.

l . Tendons and ligaments strengthen through a derivative of HGH and not AAS.
Incorrect. Look up Deca

but its main driver is as a recovery agent in the context of weight training.
Incorrect. I could break it down for you, link to definitions and articles to prove my point but id rather you be ignorant.

Hey guys,

Just moved country and *#!*, signed up for a gym. This gym doesnt have a full squat cage thing, where you can adjust the pins to a certain depth. Instead it has like a fixed pin thing, which is kind too high for me (5'9) and it prevents me from going ATG. This has put me off my form, and has since ruined my rythm.

So I had no choice but to take the bar of the rack, walk backwards and go ATG that way which is cool - but what if i fail? where the hell will the bar drop? do i just run under it quicky and it let go over my back? *#!* is weird to me man..

Secondly, ive noticed there is no decline bench either - does this mean i have use dumbells? There is a smith machine.. may just use that for the mean time - its better than nothing right?

Dropten wrote:

Incorrect. Look up Deca

Incorrect. I could break it down for you, link to definitions and articles to prove my point but id rather you be ignorant.

For some AAS a secondary effect is strengthening ligaments/tendons but it is minimal when compared to your muscular growth. It's  not the primary effect of any AAS.  Deca increases collagen synthesis. That is not the same as strengths ligaments/tendons. They're strengthened  by a derivative hormone produced as a result of HGH.
You can't break it down it for me because I've had it broken down for me by people who I know for a fact know more than you about it. 

To be honest, I'd rather listen to Bulgarian/Russian lifters who trained under national programs than to you. 

There are various secondary (increased metabolic rate, better neuromuscular efficiency, etc) effects depending on the AAS but the driver in taking them is to be able to work at higher intensities (90%+ 1RM) over longer periods of time. 

BB'ers may take them for some other reasons but that is what they were initially developed for. I don't know the various reasons that BB'ers may be taking them but imo they're wasting their time on them.

Originally Posted by I3

Hey guys,

Just moved country and *#!*, signed up for a gym. This gym doesnt have a full squat cage thing, where you can adjust the pins to a certain depth. Instead it has like a fixed pin thing, which is kind too high for me (5'9) and it prevents me from going ATG. This has put me off my form, and has since ruined my rythm.

So I had no choice but to take the bar of the rack, walk backwards and go ATG that way which is cool - but what if i fail? where the hell will the bar drop? do i just run under it quicky and it let go over my back? *#!* is weird to me man..

Secondly, ive noticed there is no decline bench either - does this mean i have use dumbells? There is a smith machine.. may just use that for the mean time - its better than nothing right?

Yeh that's how we do it. Dump it backwards. Just make sure your wrists aren't sunk too deep under the bar when dumping it. 

Dropten wrote:

Incorrect. Look up Deca

For some AAS a secondary effect is strengthening ligaments/tendons but it is minimal when compared to your muscular growth. It's  not the primary effect of any AAS.  Deca increases collagen synthesis. That is not the same as strengths ligaments/tendons. They're strengthened  by a derivative hormone produced as a result of HGH.
You can't break it down it for me because I've had it broken down for me by people who I know for a fact know more than you about it. 

To be honest, I'd rather listen to Bulgarian/Russian lifters who trained under national programs than to you. 

There are various secondary (increased metabolic rate, better neuromuscular efficiency, etc) effects depending on the AAS but the driver in taking them is to be able to work at higher intensities (90%+ 1RM) over longer periods of time. 

BB'ers may take them for some other reasons but that is what they were initially developed for. I don't know the various reasons that BB'ers may be taking them but imo they're wasting their time on them.

wawaweewa wrote:
Tendons and ligaments strengthen through a derivative of HGH and not AAS.
wawaweewa wrote:
For some AAS a secondary effect is strengthening ligaments/tendons
See what I did there???

wawaweewa wrote:
Deca increases collagen synthesis. That is not the same as strengths ligaments/tendons.
What are tendons made of?
A tendon (or sinew) is a tough band of fibrous connective tissue that usually connects muscle to bone[sup][1][/sup] and is capable of withstanding tension. Tendons are similar to ligaments and fasciaeas they are all made of collagen except that ligaments join one bone toanother bone, and fasciae connect muscles to other muscles. Tendons andmuscles work together.
Normal healthy tendons are mostly composed of parallel arrays of collagenfibres closely packed together. The dry mass of normal tendons, whichmakes up about 30% of the total mass with water, is composed of about86% collagen, 2% elastin, 1–5% proteoglycans, and 0.2% inorganic components such as copper, manganese, and calcium.[sup][2][/sup][

So an increase in collagen fibers doesnt increase the strength of a tendon??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

wawaweewa wrote:
BB'ers may take them for some other reasons but that is what they were initially developed for
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
...You need to do more research dude...

wawaweewa wrote:
I don't know the various reasons that BB'ers may be taking them but imo they're wasting their time on them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

lol y we arguing over symantics tho... whatever ICE is doin is CLEARLY working
laugh.gif
i was going to say this
whats going on in this thread right now is pretty much the equivalent of the skinny-fat, out of shape dude trying to tell someone who has been working out for years how to work out.

Back
Top Bottom