Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

Hey NT, i'm trying to bulk up but it becomes difficult when i'm always busy with school and work. What do you guys do? Any suggestions on what to eat/take/do to make my goal easier to achieve?

heavy heavy heavy weights with low reps(do not skimp on dead lift or squats) + lots of protein. Banana + protein shake at breakfast, turkey sandwich on wheat with spicy mustard (instead of very unhealthy mayo) for lunch, lean steak or chicken breast + plenty veggies for dinner and you should be fine.

I've been doing the Spartacus workout 3 days a week and mixing it with windsprints for the past 3 months. I like my progress but am looking for a new routine to burn off 4-5 more pounds. Anyone have any good circuit training/cardio routines?

Here's a link to the Spartacus in case anyone was interested:

http://www.menshealth.com/spartacus/workouts/

Originally Posted by GoldenTicket21

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Is glutamine really that helpful?

Lady at the store told me since I wasn't buying Accerlade or a "post workout recovery drink" that I should add the Glutamine to the mix to aid with recovery. So I listen to her. No idea about the usefulness though.
laugh.gif
Lady at the store was just trying to sell you extra !!!@ you don't need
Glutamine has its uses. It's good for those with digestion issues and can be useful in other situations. 

Hey NT, i'm trying to bulk up but it becomes difficult when i'm always busy with school and work. What do you guys do? Any suggestions on what to eat/take/do to make my goal easier to achieve?
I have a desk job so it's pretty easy for me to eat on a schedule. In your case I say just plan the best you can.

Here are a few articles that may help you in terms what to eat, etc.. make sure you check out part 2 and 3 as well.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/anthony1.htm

Originally Posted by BattsLM

I have a desk job so it's pretty easy for me to eat on a schedule. In your case I say just plan the best you can.

Here are a few articles that may help you in terms what to eat, etc.. make sure you check out part 2 and 3 as well.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/anthony1.htm
thanks, just what i needed
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Less then 3 months till my competition. Had my last row of cookies today
frown.gif
. Now its time to get on the diet.
tired.gif

Im about 12% body fat right now. Mostly my midsection, chest and back. I think ive maybe done 1500 situps in my whole life. Maybe little bit more
laugh.gif
( I hate situps)
But I gotta do what I gotta do...

2b7364fa6f33b5666480fd3cf420c3fe2bee4141_r.png
9df26a06c4b2969ef69f3ec1301a94c707c05854_r.png

Like alot of black ppl, I have no calves
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. But im getting there. Hopefully they'll make some decent progress before the show.
Im getting kind of excited because im showing signs of striated tri's and quads
happy.gif
. SO once my body fat gets down..its a wrap.

im trying to gain bigger legs and butt. im super thin. iv'e been working out consistently since january, and just joined a gym with a personal trainer last month.. my thighs have been getting bigger but i think its because i use more weights now since i get to use all the equipment at the gym.... the process is really slow tho. I wanted it to be really noticeable already.

im now just started to really work my arm because now that the muscle on my legs are more apparent, my trainer made me notice how scrawny my arms are looking lol

Originally Posted by babycakes

im trying to gain bigger legs and butt. im super thin. iv'e been working out consistently since january, and just joined a gym with a personal trainer last month.. my thighs have been getting bigger but i think its because i use more weights now since i get to use all the equipment at the gym.... the process is really slow tho. I wanted it to be really noticeable already.

im now just started to really work my arm because now that the muscle on my legs are more apparent, my trainer made me notice how scrawny my arms are looking lol

Hamstring curls and squats will get your cheeks up. Do high reps, dont stop at 10. Use moderate weight.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Ice, even when you "diet" how many calories do you have to consume to maintain?

Honestly, i dont count and i have no clue. So far ive only been eating 3 regular meals a day and crap like cookies and snacks in between.

Originally Posted by Dropten

Hamstring curls and squats will get your cheeks up. Do high reps, dont stop at 10. Use moderate weight.

hmmmm i always thought doing heavy weights where i can barely reach 10 was the way to do it... 
 Im always doing squats, hamstring curls, dead lifts and all that other good stuff for legs/calves . I think the protein shake that i drink is also helping me a bit. i still weigh the same weight (im 5'5 115 lbs)  even though i see my muscles bigger. is that normal?

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by ballin 2k3

Originally Posted by needsomejays

ive been taking oxy elite pro for about a week now and i have no idea what you guys are talking about, i am $@%++$+ STARVING, i though this %%## was supposed to curb your appetite 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
, i just got my bottle in today, gonna start on monday, its not making you hungrier is it?
hungrier? nah. I just figured with the way people were talking about it saying they could barely eat and almost would forget to eat, thats some horse %@+%
laugh.gif
, sure ive been trying to eat less while on it, but these people must not be eating much in the first place

it does work though, just within the week i can tell ive lost fat, and yeah it does make you sweat a lot more
ahh ok, well i dont really have any problem with hunger, just between breakfast and lunch, but ive been eating almonds for that, so that shouldnt be a problem, well see how my week goes, ive been getting steady fat loss almost every week of 1-3 lbs, hope this helps, im exited
nerd.gif

hmmmm i always thought doing heavy weights where i can barely reach 10 was the way to do it... 
 Im always doing squats, hamstring curls, dead lifts and all that other good stuff for legs/calves . I think the protein shake that i drink is also helping me a bit. i still weigh the same weight (im 5'5 115 lbs)  even though i see my muscles bigger. is that normal?

Try the moderate weight. It may work for you. Do reps till you can do 1 more. I mean till.it really hurts. Do multiple hamstring curl machines. Some hit different areas and try squatting using a smith machine and placing your feet about 1foot foward of your shoulders to hit your glutes better.

I think ive maybe done 1500 situps in my whole life. Maybe little bit more
laugh.gif
( I hate situps)
Wait, what? why are you doing situps?
kobe4threebang wrote:
how bad is drinking really and is it bad b/c of the added calories or b/c "alcohol eats muscle" words of trainer at my gym
The problem with alcohol when it comes to dieting
-alcohol may have 'empty calories' (debated) but unless you are drinking straight hard liq you will be consuming with mix.

-the foods consumed prior to drinking, while drinking, and after drinking (donairs 
pimp.gif
) are what kills your daily caloric intake.

The problem with alcohol when it comes to building muscle (for me, anyways)

-if you consume a great meal of quality proteins, etc and then drink alcohol the body is going to focus on digesting the alcohol and it really takes away from any chance of "protein synthesis". alcohol is a toxin and the body wants to get it out as quickly as possible

-if I have a night of drinking chances are im not going to meet my caloric goals the next day... sleeping in till 3pm doesnt really give me the time needed

Im thinking of taking a casein shake before I go out to play ball. When I go play im usually go 4-6 hours without eating. Is this a good idea? I usually play ball on my recovery days.

frown.gif
tired.gif

Im about 12% body fat right now. Mostly my midsection, chest and back. I think ive maybe done 1500 situps in my whole life. Maybe little bit more
laugh.gif
( I hate situps)

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. But im getting there. Hopefully they'll make some decent progress before the show.
happy.gif
anyone tell you, you kinda look like LT
laugh.gif
anyways SICK arms. how much you weigh?

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I think ive maybe done 1500 situps in my whole life. Maybe little bit more
laugh.gif
( I hate situps)
Wait, what? why are you doing situps?
kobe4threebang wrote:
how bad is drinking really and is it bad b/c of the added calories or b/c "alcohol eats muscle" words of trainer at my gym

What?...sit up dont work?
indifferent.gif

But what I mean is total reps for any ab exercise.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

frown.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif
( I hate situps)

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
happy.gif
anyone tell you, you kinda look like LT
laugh.gif
anyways SICK arms. how much you weigh?
231.5 as of this morning. Ppl think im 250ish which is a plus cause I can compete at a lower weight class and dominate in size.

Back
Top Bottom