Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by needsomejays

I'm about to start hitting the gym soon for the first time in my life and I'm interested in some sort of protein shake/meal replacement due to the fact that I don't eat much..I know people will recommend pre-made meals to take out with me and all that but I don't have the funds or time for that..Any suggestions?
you have funds to buy supplements, but not whole foods? you do realize supplements are pretty pricey, right? As far as not having time just make your weeks worth, or at least a few days worth of meals at one time

Those big protein/meal replacement shake mix jars last like 2 weeks and cost like $30...Chicken, rice, pasta, vegetables/fruit, etc. for 2 weeks is at least $150...I live in NYC where everything is overpriced
where are you getting your cost from? 
Frozen chicken breast, frozen veggies, fruit and what not does not cost that much. I am a college student and eating healthy IS NOT expensive. And you don't have to be a chef too.

Originally Posted by topherr

Originally Posted by needsomejays

you have funds to buy supplements, but not whole foods? you do realize supplements are pretty pricey, right? As far as not having time just make your weeks worth, or at least a few days worth of meals at one time

Those big protein/meal replacement shake mix jars last like 2 weeks and cost like $30...Chicken, rice, pasta, vegetables/fruit, etc. for 2 weeks is at least $150...I live in NYC where everything is overpriced
where are you getting your cost from? 
Frozen chicken breast, frozen veggies, fruit and what not does not cost that much. I am a college student and eating healthy IS NOT expensive. And you don't have to be a chef too.
Well even if I was buying healthy food to make myself for the required calories I need, I would still need some kind of protein shake to gain those calories..I'm 6'1 205 so for me to be able to put on the muscle I'm trying to, I would need something in addition to eating meals

Well even if I was buying healthy food to make myself for the required calories I need, I would still need some kind of protein shake to gain those calories..I'm 6'1 205 so for me to be able to put on the muscle I'm trying to, I would need something in addition to eating meals
Think about it for a second. You're looking for something convenient, cheap, and preferably liquid for extra protein and nutrients. Sounds a lot like milk to me.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Think about it for a second. You're looking for something convenient, cheap, and preferably liquid for extra protein and nutrients. Sounds a lot like milk to me.
I'll be honest..My knowledge of what to do when trying to gain muscle is very little so I'm going off of things I've previously heard, which may not be very accurate...So basically what you're saying is as long as I eat 4-5 meals a day and drink milk for protein/extra calories I will gain the muscle w/o the need for protein shakes/supplements, etc?

Originally Posted by UPT88

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

good stuff...i started breaking up my doses from 200/25 3x a day to 100/12.5 6x a day right away, its way smoother that way
i sort of want to try clen the more i read about it though. 

i just get sort of confused about it.......on the one hand it seems to be a lot more "refined" than ephedrine, yet i have heard from most people who have tried both the EC(A) stack and clen  that the former was more effective

could be that they dosed the clen too low or didnt cycle it properly since you do get desensitized to it quickly, i have no idea. whereas everyone who does EC pretty much does the standard dose of 600 mg C 75 mg E spread out throughout the day.
i've heard of taking the second and third doses without the caffeine because it would be too much for your body to handle, so just the E the second and third doses
i find on days i take a second dose after workout with out the caffeine i find myself staying up later at night.
dude how do you sleep taking 600 mg of caffeine  day??????
eek.gif
i dont even feel it to be honest. i was taking 4 doses a day at the end so 800 mg caffeine/100mg ephedrine....i could take a nap on that no problem.
same with other stims like adderall and whatever else....i need high doses

im gonna get back on ec + keto diet, started keto yesterday. gonna be in spain and south of france for august, gotta look right 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nealraj006

I'll be honest..My knowledge of what to do when trying to gain muscle is very little so I'm going off of things I've previously heard, which may not be very accurate...So basically what you're saying is as long as I eat 4-5 meals a day and drink milk for protein/extra calories I will gain the muscle w/o the need for protein shakes/supplements, etc?
um you dont need protein and any supps to gain muscle.

eating food and working out>>>>>>supps

milk>>>>>protein from a tub

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

It's official like a ref with a whistle.  Hit 300lbs on the bench today.  I think I could actually do 305 or maybe even 310.  Took a vid of it for our website video blog, maybe i'll post it when it's done.
pimp.gif

congrats man.......post the link when you can....nice signature(once he/she understnads that, they will get their best results.)

Zyzz wrote:

No doubt, I appreciate the info. I'm new to this so don't get offended by my ignorance if I make a comment that seems inaccurate. I just live in an area filled with juice heads and I see them always buying protein mixes and whatnot so I figured it was the way to go if I wanted to gain muscle.

Side question..I'm gonna have a new job starting September and the hours will be extremely long (assistant manager at a store so I'm basically gonna be there almost all day) so I will only be able to work out on the weekends...My goal is to work out hard the next few weeks (about 4-5 times a week) so I can get in pretty good shape before it's time to work..I'm already a fit guy because I play a lot of sports on a consistent basis so how much of an impact will I notice by September? Minor/Major?

ON Gold Standard Whey if you want to use a protein, and they have a casein too if you wanna take that.
A protein rich, healthy diet is obviously ideal, but lets be serious, it isnt the most convenient to have a good, healthy meal everytime. And it does get expensive.

Zyzz wrote:

No doubt, I appreciate the info. I'm new to this so don't get offended by my ignorance if I make a comment that seems inaccurate. I just live in an area filled with juice heads and I see them always buying protein mixes and whatnot so I figured it was the way to go if I wanted to gain muscle.

Side question..I'm gonna have a new job starting September and the hours will be extremely long (assistant manager at a store so I'm basically gonna be there almost all day) so I will only be able to work out on the weekends...My goal is to work out hard the next few weeks (about 4-5 times a week) so I can get in pretty good shape before it's time to work..I'm already a fit guy because I play a lot of sports on a consistent basis so how much of an impact will I notice by September? Minor/Major?

I wouldn't expect anything major in 2 months. With a solid routine, a good diet and plenty of rest you can definitely make some gains though. Being a newbie you'll make newbie gains pretty quick. I'd say 10 lbs is doable. As far as only working out on the weekends I don't think that's gonna be very good. I'd shoot for 3 non consecutive days a week at the least.

Zyzz wrote:

i'm sure you can fit 3 work outs for about a hour each a week even with the working

yo so the one side of my chest is a little larger than the other. Whats the best way to even this out? I usually lift three times a week so would it be a good idea to keep benching monday and then do dumbbell flys on wednesday, friday or is there a better solution?

Ive been reading up on rest and recovery topics lately, question is what is the ideal amount of rest time?
Right now im on working out a body part (back/bi ex.) once a week, so 6 days of rest. Ive been reading that its "best" to workout right when the recovery phase is finished, which is 2-3 days. Im thinking of cutting it down to 4 rest days, to kinda be inbetween, so I dont have issues with overtraining. How many days is best? Sometimes after 3 days, my back or shoulders for example still dont feel 100%, but sometimes I think its mental.

Also, ive been reading workouts should be about 45 min - 1 hour max? Testosterone levels go down and something else goes up (forget the name) which isnt beneficial. My workouts usually end after an hour and a half, partly due to waiting for machines, rest time inbetween sets not being consistent, etc. Is it really that important for your workout to be under an hour?

Had a crazy dream last night, for some reason i was HUGE in my dream, like as in fat, floppy man **** and all. Which is funny because im a skinny dude, i know i'll never be that fat but damn, if that wasnt motivation to keep working out, i dont know what is 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Ive been reading up on rest and recovery topics lately, question is what is the ideal amount of rest time?
Right now im on working out a body part (back/bi ex.) once a week, so 6 days of rest. Ive been reading that its "best" to workout right when the recovery phase is finished, which is 2-3 days. Im thinking of cutting it down to 4 rest days, to kinda be inbetween, so I dont have issues with overtraining. How many days is best? Sometimes after 3 days, my back or shoulders for example still dont feel 100%, but sometimes I think its mental.

Also, ive been reading workouts should be about 45 min - 1 hour max? Testosterone levels go down and something else goes up (forget the name) which isnt beneficial. My workouts usually end after an hour and a half, partly due to waiting for machines, rest time inbetween sets not being consistent, etc. Is it really that important for your workout to be under an hour?

Everybodys different and responds well to different things. Some do well taking a week off before hitting that muscle again. I myself like hitting things a little more often. If you do hit them more often you would wanna use less volume. You could do an A B split m-w-f alternating between the 2. A couple good routines using this kind of split are doggcrapp training and boss hog workout. I've been doing boss hog for last 4 weeks and strength and size have gone up crazy fast.

I've read on here and some other sites about guys being resistant to doing cardio to prevent muscle loss. I've been a bit confused about this, and what kind of cardio to do if i am doing it... either a HIIT or  low intensity. Then i came across this vid, and the guy explains how cardio won't lead to muscle loss:

What do you guys think about it?

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

I have a question for people who used to be really fat but then slimmed down. Is there any way to lose the gut from being really fat without working out like a maniac? I really dont hit the weights cause my job kills me everyday but I have been watching my calories. Im down from about 250 to 175 right now but my gut is still there even though the rest of my body has thinned out.

how tall are you?

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

Originally Posted by VeEzyV

any tips for me?

starting weight was 272

im at 215, trying to get to about 190 before bulk...maybe 185 (6'3)

so your pretty much trying to lose weight? is that the goal here?
yea you won't lift as heavy as you want because well you dont eat enough, the goal is i believe is -500 calories deficit based on your maintenance calories. so in a week you'll be losing 1lbs or so.

check some sites that helps you regarding about whats your calories maintenance and go from there, its not healthy or recommended to lose too much weight in so little time.

regarding about supps, im like you im just taking protein and 1mr as my pre workout. but i do take fish oil as one of my supps.
yea pretty much, but want to put some muscle on too of course.....

yea i should be eating a little bit more like someone else said, im going to bump it up to 2100 cals......and def not healthy losing too much weight in so little time, thats why im timing it right and being patient wand actually eating...dont want loose skin or look bad when im at 185/190.....

and how have fish oil caps changed u, if in any way

Looking into changing up my routine ... anyone try/have success with the Layne Norton program?  any thoughts or feedback is appreciated

also watched pumping iron again recently and for got the STRONG !$%* comment/stare some dude made (@5:06) lol

^i've been bulking last 12 weeks and can't wait to cut. I feel fat and bloated. I'll get to where you are and do it a over again lol.

Back
Top Bottom