Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by nikeairon

I feel kinda dumb for asking this but I'm sure theres got to be some of you going through it...I'm not a fat dude. 6 ft about 175-180...In pretty decent shape, play ball every other day...I don't do any weight training what so ever...BUT...I've got a bit of some man boobage going on...Anyone know a way to flatten out my chest without heavy weight lifting?

diet diet diet
eat less calories, and exercise more....doesn't have to be 'heavy weights' but incorporating weightlifting when you lose weight will help you preserve the muscle you have.....try lifting 3x a week at least
Yeah, incorporate the perfect pushup until your daily routine as well.

Contest Prep update:

6 weeks to go. I started a slow transition into the keto diet about 2 weeks ago, then went full keto and had good results so far.
So ive been doing a little research on contest prep and diets, and I must say it gets a little crazy towards the end. I didnt have too much of a plan to begin with besides what gear id be on, but now I see I have to set some sort of "format" for myself.

I started cardio last week. 30 mins on the tread, brisk walk. 4 weeks in, ill switch to cardio 2x day/45 mins. In the morning and in the evening. I switched over my diet to mostly fish and im planning on keeping it 75% fish throughout.

Doing further research, im going to have to cut salts 3 days before to not retain water. 2 days before ill slowly cut water out all together and wont have any the night before. Im thinking of getting an OTC diuretic to expel some water the day before and a glass of wine to dehydrate and get some more water out.

Alot of guys cut carbs to a bare minimum and end up coming in flat. ive been watching my body and how it responds and noticed I start to fill out (fuller muscles) in about 15 mins of eating carbs after a deplete. taking that into note ill be getting in a good amount of carbs about 3 days before (cornmeal). Carbs also hold water, so thatll suck up some more water from under the skin.

The contest is ALL day. 9:30am to about 10pm. Ill prob go home after the prejudging and have a nice meal then head back.

Then theres the tanning. I have to cover my tats cause I feel they're a distraction, so I have to get a good tan (protan or dreamtan) to cover that up.
Posing is one of the hardest thing I ever expected it to be. Its easy to get winded from posing you have no idea. And standing on stage flexed almost all the time
sick.gif
...and being dehydrated at that
sick.gif
for hours
sick.gif

Either way im pumped and ready to go. I was a lil concerned my body fat wasnt going to be low enough come game time but I should be right on track
pimp.gif

My calves have been responding nicely and are actually growing. Never thought I had genetics for calves. My hams and chest def need more work though.
6 weeks to go, time to kick it into gear....

pic 3 days ago
Current BW 231lbs
con1.jpg

jesus christ i feel so small

you look awesome man....arms and quads are ridiculous

how much do you weigh right now?
231 right now. I got the Phil Heath syndrome. Big arms but im narrow
laugh.gif
..Sux though

lol @ narrow dude youre a tank....

only relatively weak point IMO is your delts, but it could just be the angle/pose? in that pic your right delt looks overpowered by your arm.

what are you looking to weigh contest time?

lol @ narrow dude youre a tank....

only relatively weak point IMO is your delts, but it could just be the angle/pose? in that pic your right delt looks overpowered by your arm.

what are you looking to weigh contest time?

Not sure what weight im gonna be, but I know ill be in the heavy weights

Now that I look at it, I do need to bring my delts up...Good looks!!

Yea im pretty narrow lol. Kevin Levrone is another one with that body type, huge arms and tris but narrow chest and back. Its hard to fill out...
KevinLevrone22a.jpg

135907.jpg

how do you fix that.....lots of lat work for width?

either you look like you have a wider bone structure than those guys.

good luck in your comp man keep us updated!

how do you fix that.....lots of lat work for width?

either you look like you have a wider bone structure than those guys.

good luck in your comp man keep us updated!

No way to fix it. Its all bone structure. The only thing you can do is like you said, add more mass to the lats to give that illusion but during certain poses like the most muscular, lats dont matter.

Originally Posted by jorrdanfan23

anyone could give me an upper body routine.. im going to the gym tommorrow
bench press
incline press

cable crossover

shoulder press

lateral raises

cable front raises

dips

pushdowns

incline bicep curls

concentration curls

the list can go on and on and on....

either light weight more reps OR heavy weight less reps

not sure what your goals are.

to get in shape..lol... i never really know how many i should do in one day. i play basketball.. i cant do legs since i got hurt

I was weak as hell when I started working out last summer...Right now I'm average in strength from what I see when I compare myself to others in the gym (Probably still a weakling compared to everyone in here though
laugh.gif
) but im basically the same size as I was a year ago 
indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif
 I've been eatings 3000 cals+ almost everyday for the past 3 months and I've gained 1 pound 
sick.gif

I'm naturally really skinny due to genetics. My dad was scrawny as hell until he was 24 (right now his arms and chest are 
eek.gif
 though, even though he only works out occasionally,  so maybe there's hope 
laugh.gif
). I'm not trying to wait that long though...Am I just not working out correctly? Should I be doing more bar-based weights instead of dumbbells? I usually focus on dumbbells more since my left arm is weaker than my right.

To nawlinsjunkie. What's your routine? If that's pretty solid you probably just need to eat more. I did my last cut at 3400 calories and bulk in the 5000+ calorie range.

Doing 45mins of cardio after hitting the weights is death feels bad man

Compared to doing a hr before hitting the weights is night and day

Is it like that because I was doing it the other way around at first?

Originally Posted by alhubley

To nawlinsjunkie. What's your routine? If that's pretty solid you probably just need to eat more. I did my last cut at 3400 calories and bulk in the 5000+ calorie range.

damn thats a @#$% load of calories
eek.gif
I'm a student without a job right now,so I don't know if I can afford all that food
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by alhubley

damn thats a @#$% load of calories
eek.gif
I'm a student without a job right now,so I don't know if I can afford all that food
laugh.gif
Yeah its not cheap but if you wanna be big you gotta eat big.  I'm not saying you need 5000 but if you are not gaining more than likely its because you are not eating enough to do so.  I dont care if you got the perfect routine and are chemically enhanced your not gonna grow if you dont get enough calories.  A pretty simple diet that I've seen guys use successfully is the GOMAD diet.  If you like yourself some milk give that a try.

Back
Top Bottom