Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Doing 45mins of cardio after hitting the weights is death feels bad man

Compared to doing a hr before hitting the weights is night and day

Is it like that because I was doing it the other way around at first?
pretty much.... you can run longer before hitting weights its a fact.

just ran 6 miles... well i ran like 4 miles straight the other 2 i bsed with walking in between, burned like 680 calories
pimp.gif
.. how do i get the team fitness in my sig. i live in the gym.

Originally Posted by alhubley

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

To nawlinsjunkie. What's your routine? If that's pretty solid you probably just need to eat more. I did my last cut at 3400 calories and bulk in the 5000+ calorie range.

damn thats a @#$% load of calories
eek.gif
I'm a student without a job right now,so I don't know if I can afford all that food
laugh.gif
Yeah its not cheap but if you wanna be big you gotta eat big.  I'm not saying you need 5000 but if you are not gaining more than likely its because you are not eating enough to do so.  I dont care if you got the perfect routine and are chemically enhanced your not gonna grow if you dont get enough calories.  A pretty simple diet that I've seen guys use successfully is the GOMAD diet.  If you like yourself some milk give that a try.
I used to drink 1/2-3/4 gallon of milk/day but too much dairy in my diet caused acne. I've looked it up on google and dairy causes your body to produce more sebum. I need to make homemade weight gainer shakes. I still consume cottage cheese though.

Audi, are you still taking Humapro?

I've Been taking Humapro for the past 2 weeks. Weight has steadily increased and so have my lifts. Looking a bit leaner too. I've been eating less too. I don't feel as bloated either since I've stopped drinking my protein shakes and I've been eating less.

how you do those cable exercises without the attachements?? can someone post youtube videos for Bi's and tri's and Back?

As of today
6 weeks to go.

Not tryna brag by posting pix, but this is my first comp and its pretty important to me since I said id never compete.
Just thought id share my progress leading up to game day.

snap20110708_193546.png
snap20110708_193534.png
snap20110708_193522.png

Looking good bro. Make sure you post more pics when you're a little closer. I think you're gonna do good.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

IICE they never admit it but those tattoos are going to affect your placing man.. Also, are you a black man with nipple piercings...

Originally Posted by Dropten

Contest Prep update:

Then theres the tanning. I have to cover my tats cause I feel they're a distraction, so I have to get a good tan (protan or dreamtan) to cover that up.

Already got that covered.

Also, are you a black man with nipple piercings...
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Attire[/h1]
During the prejudging a solid color suit will be worn. Suits of metallic nature are not allowed. There will be no "T" suits or "G" strings worn. The style of suit that will be worn at the actual competition must be worn at the weigh-in especially at all National competitions.

No jewelry or hair ornaments will be allowed at either prejudging or the evening competition. Numbers will be on the left side of the suit.

I'm trying to get more cut in the upper body area as well as get my six pack back.

Any specific exercises and workouts yo guys reccomend?

Huge w great symmetry....you're gonna do well

question....do u change up your routine for contest prep? More cardio or diff lifting program? Or just diff diet?

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

question....do u change up your routine for contest prep? More cardio or diff lifting program? Or just diff diet?

Routine is still the same, but sometimes im unable to go as heavy because im so carb depleted. More cardio and lots of fish

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Routine is still the same, but sometimes im unable to go as heavy because im so carb depleted. More cardio and lots of fish
i was jus gettin rdy to ask if u were still cutting... stay at it, ur so big u really shouldnt be do much really with heavy weights at this point anyway... tuna, supps, cardio, sleep

Vid of my 300 lb bench for our website.  I look really skinny in the vid, though
ohwell.gif
New goal is 315; three plates per side would be pretty sick!

Ice, watch out for mercury intake from all that fish

Here's a huge tip that I feel isn't emphasized enough: Dual Factor Theory. Consistently changing your routine will keep you from stagnation, albeit you need to figure out how to change your routine to keep you making progress.

I need to start hitting the gym gainin a few pounds. Is anyone on here a vegetarian?? That's my biggest problem is getting a good source of protein. There's always eggs and nuts but that everyday is not good.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

To nawlinsjunkie. What's your routine? If that's pretty solid you probably just need to eat more. I did my last cut at 3400 calories and bulk in the 5000+ calorie range.

damn thats a @#$% load of calories
eek.gif
I'm a student without a job right now,so I don't know if I can afford all that food
laugh.gif
Yeah its not cheap but if you wanna be big you gotta eat big.  I'm not saying you need 5000 but if you are not gaining more than likely its because you are not eating enough to do so.  I dont care if you got the perfect routine and are chemically enhanced your not gonna grow if you dont get enough calories.  A pretty simple diet that I've seen guys use successfully is the GOMAD diet.  If you like yourself some milk give that a try.
Also the amount of reps you do will affect whether you grow a lot or stay abotu the same size. I feel like around 8 reps is what causes the biggest gains in size.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  I have a whole new respect for you work out dudes that go hard.  Whether you are losing or gaining, working out takes devotion like a muva!

I joined NYSC almost a month and a half ago and im just started to pick up the pace.  I let a lot of small summer fun replace gym time though already, plus hyper extended my shoulder slightly trying to go hard. 

I wish I had a good leg routine for beginners.  Any suggestions?  BTW I'm trying to gain mass hard body!

IICE they never admit it but those tattoos are going to affect your placing man.. Also, are you a black man with nipple piercings...

Contest Prep update:

Then theres the tanning. I have to cover my tats cause I feel they're a distraction, so I have to get a good tan (protan or dreamtan) to cover that up.

Already got that covered.

You still will notice... I always see Johnnie Jackson's tats no matter how much he covers them up

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Vid of my 300 lb bench for our website.� I look really skinny in the vid, though
ohwell.gif
New goal is 315; three plates per side would be pretty sick!�

Stats?

Originally Posted by akuratl02

I wish I had a good leg routine for beginners.  Any suggestions?  BTW I'm trying to gain mass hard body!
Squat heavy. Frequently.
Get up to a 2x bodyweight high bar back squat and your legs will probably have filled out nicely. I like Bryce Lane's 50/20 program for the back squat. Alternate that with a lower volume, higher intensity phase and you should see progress for a while.

Back
Top Bottom