Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Who has healthy recipes?
nerd.gif

Here's a protein shake recipe my buddy gave to me a couple days ago.

• two teaspoons of Old Orchard apple juice concentrate
    MEDIUM_8a78c6e02140d9310121469a5c3a0d9f.jpg
  • 1/2 cup of oatmeal
  • 1 ripe banana
    istockphoto_3733089-ripe-banana.jpg
  • 6 ice cubes
  • 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1/2 of water or more if you feel you need more water
End result...
Spoiler [+]

I've been doing a lot of research but I have not come to a conclusion.

I started working out January of this year, and I have lost about 16 pounds, I was once at 170 pounds and now I'm at 152-154 pounds.

I'm trying to add muscle mass and lose fat, now my question is do I go for heavier weights and less reps? like 4-6?

Also as for my dieting I have read complex carbs plays a lot in building mass but I have also heard it was false, can anyone help me out?

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I've been doing a lot of research but I have not come to a conclusion.

I started working out January of this year, and I have lost about 16 pounds, I was once at 170 pounds and now I'm at 152-154 pounds.

I'm trying to add muscle mass and lose fat, now my question is do I go for heavier weights and less reps? like 4-6?

Also as for my dieting I have read complex carbs plays a lot in building mass but I have also heard it was false, can anyone help me out?

You want to do a lot of reps and sets to build muscle.
What I do now is a 5x10 program...with a pretty heavy weight still.  The idea is volume.

A low rep program builds plenty of strength, with not so much muscle gain.

In terms of diet: 

Eat a lot!  Clean foods are ideal, but if you want to do a dirty bulk, go for it.  You can't try and build muscle without gaining a little bit of fat.  So bulk until desired weight/size...then cut until a desired bf%

Originally Posted by I3

My eating is inconsistent, I get lazy. I know I need to eat like 3x of these meals a day and some small snacks in between.. Going to get on that ON Serious Mass as well.. on top of this. Im starting to think gaining a bit of fat is okay lol

Is this an okay chest routine? Im doing the 5x5 classic (which im slowly getting sick off, I just cant fathom 4-day split programme.)
BB Bench 5x5
Incline Bench (BB/DB) 3x8
Flies or Dips 3x8 / 3x Fail

Had this bad boy for my PWO.. 500g T-Bone and 1x Sweet Potato, I need more veggies I know. Was a *+$%! to down:
I havent personally tried it, but I heard Serious Mass Taste Terrible.  I would reccomend BSN True Mass but your choice... Or you could go with Russian Bear ahah

boss hogg workout looks interesting

i did an intense full body split a year or two back, squatting 3x/week, benching 3x/week, etc. i was on a caloric deficit and my lifts still went up, especially my squat....but after i dunno 6 weeks or so my CNS was fried and i couldnt keep it up.

i think i will try it again but with sufficient calories and maybe gear as well

just finished a 30 min jump rope session and an intense abdominal and oblique workout
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

after eating some cottage cheese and getting rested, i am craving something sweet REALLY bad...
i would make some protein fluff or protein ice cream but i just ran out FML 
mad.gif
mad.gif

any suggestions?

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

i did an intense full body split a year or two back, squatting 3x/week, benching 3x/week, etc. i was on a caloric deficit and my lifts still went up, especially my squat....but after i dunno 6 weeks or so my CNS was fried and i couldnt keep it up.

Im doing the final version here http://www.muscleboundmay...1140-finale-version.htmlIt will definitely tax your cns. He calls for a week off every 5 weeks. I've just skipped the Monday workout a couple times giving me 5 days rest and I was fine. I love the workout.

Ive heard cats say you can not build muscle at the same time as dropping fat. You can decrease bf% by adding muscle but not drop actual fat, it makes sense.

However, can you build muscle on your days lifting and burn fat on rest days by doing cardio? Say you're lifting MWF, can you run/ride a bike on tuesday and saturday for example to get rid of fat on those days, while building muscle during your recovery periods from lifting?

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Ive heard cats say you can not build muscle at the same time as dropping fat. You can decrease bf% by adding muscle but not drop actual fat, it makes sense.

However, can you build muscle on your days lifting and burn fat on rest days by doing cardio? Say you're lifting MWF, can you run/ride a bike on tuesday and saturday for example to get rid of fat on those days, while building muscle during your recovery periods from lifting?

It's not impossible but it's def. hard. You gotta eat clean and still lift. That's why a lot of people do bulk and cut

My goals are very aesthetic, and reviewing the BOSSHOGG workout has got me thinking.

how would doing a workout like that (bosshogg) compare to say doing a 5 day split, hitting each muscle group on a different day?
would doing just the compound movements give me a good, better, defined look (saying my BF is low enough) compared to also incorporating isolating movements (i.e. lateral shoulder raises, bicep curls, chest flys) ?

This whole summer i have been slimming down, hitting cardio more than i have before, getting my protein in to not lose lean muscle, and also hitting the weights. But when i get back to school this Fall, where i have access to a good gym, i want to hit it hard to further my aesthetic goals.
I am eating right and healthy, and i will be continuing this, and will also keep up with my cardio consisting of jumping rope, sprints, swimming, stair master, and jogging, as well as basketball

I injured my shoulder doing pushups. how can i recover? i think i tore somethang up. i can't do my arm ruiteen anymore

Day 1 of GSP: Rushfit workout.. DONE!

Sore as hell at the moment
laugh.gif
... just trying something new to lose some weight ..anyone of you had done this workout? If so, how many times a week should i do this?.. other tips?

Originally Posted by R23J

Originally Posted by I3

My eating is inconsistent, I get lazy. I know I need to eat like 3x of these meals a day and some small snacks in between.. Going to get on that ON Serious Mass as well.. on top of this. Im starting to think gaining a bit of fat is okay lol

Is this an okay chest routine? Im doing the 5x5 classic (which im slowly getting sick off, I just cant fathom 4-day split programme.)
BB Bench 5x5
Incline Bench (BB/DB) 3x8
Flies or Dips 3x8 / 3x Fail

Had this bad boy for my PWO.. 500g T-Bone and 1x Sweet Potato, I need more veggies I know. Was a *+$%! to down:
I havent personally tried it, but I heard Serious Mass Taste Terrible.  I would reccomend BSN True Mass but your choice... Or you could go with Russian Bear ahah

I've tried Mutant Mass and thats all sugar lol, ON is a much much better product.  It runs out quickly though, so make sure you guys using mass gainers, to eat as much as you can and just chugg back the occasional shake to get those extra cals.  I might give BSN a go.. Id like to do GOMAD, but i cant do the fat gains with milk lol

Originally Posted by I3

^Lol.

Nah man, I peeled them first, cut them into smaller pieces and then just boiled em til soft. Cook extra and bring it for lunch the next day!
Boiled sweet potatoes??....where they do that at?

Originally Posted by alhubley

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Im doing the final version here http://www.muscleboundmay...1140-finale-version.htmlIt will definitely tax your cns. He calls for a week off every 5 weeks. I've just skipped the Monday workout a couple times giving me 5 days rest and I was fine. I love the workout.

This definitely looks interesting, I was wondering if you mind showing me how your routines look like?

As far as the actual workout I follow it exact. I eat like I'm supposed to also. I dont get 10 hours sleep though it's not possible for me. I probably average 8 hours a night.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

What I do now is a 5x10 program...with a pretty heavy weight still.  The idea is volume.

Whats the rest of your program look like

I am following the 5/3/1 program by Jim Wendler.
Flat BB Bench

4 accessory lifts

Back Squat

4 accessory lifts

Standing Military Press

4 accessory lifts

Deadlift

4 accessory lifts

The main lifts I keep low rep, high weight.

Accessory lifts I do 5x10.

To i3 if you're getting sick of your routine and don't want a 4 day split try the boss Hogg workout. I've been doing it for about 8 weeks and it's by far best routine I've ever done.

Hey dude, just looked up this routine and it sounds good, 40mins 3x exercises 3x a week.  I've been doing the 5x5 for about 2 years now, and I hate spending time in the gym.  I just want to get in, get out, PWO and sleep.

Im just confused on the whole rep scheme thing?

The goal is to get 17 reps? But if we can do 20 reps we need to add weight (the next workout? or the same workout?) It says if after 2 - 3 weeks you cannot get past your rep count with the same movement, then switch that movement - but to what?

Im a little confused, perhaps you could give me a step-by-step scenario and walk me through this?  Pretty keen to switch things up.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Check out "The Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolf, "The Metabolic Diet" by Mauro Dipasquale, or "Protein Power" by Dr Michael Eades. They explain fat loss fairly well.
Basically, if insulin levels are too high, your ratio of body fat to muscle mass that is lost isn't as good. Lower insulin allows the body to access body fat for energy use. With higher insulin levels, your body will breakdown muscle mass for energy(moreso than otherwise). Granted, some muscle will always be broken down.

To i3 if you're getting sick of your routine and don't want a 4 day split try the boss Hogg workout. I've been doing it for about 8 weeks and it's by far best routine I've ever done.

Routine looks solid. I was doing Max-OT for awhile but 5 days a week became too much, this looks like a great alternate...

Lately I've been doing starting strength and Crossfit which has yielded decent results...Dropping me from 210 to 196 and moving my bf% down from 15 to around 12.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hey Guys....Check out a fundraiser i'm taking part in now [/color]Fight Gone Bad[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], its to help Wounded soldiers and Cancer patients....The workout members of this board will be more appreciative of the cause....So hopefully some of you guys can help out with that $1 or $5 just sitting in your paypal, or anything you can afford to give is appreciated!!![/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Thanks...Keep up the hard work in the gym!!![/color]

Back
Top Bottom