Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by RJSims

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

I dunno how that can be considered sprinting. 6 is barely a jogging pace and 5 is just barely walk-able

laugh.gif
at considering 5mph as sprinting.
btw, no one can sustain a true sprint for more than a few seconds, much less 35 minutes

5mph is a moderate speed to break a sweat...Might not be a full sprint but it's not walking..Interested to know what kind of numbers YOUR doing?
laugh.gif
I cant believe youre defending your 5 mph speed. When I turn on the treadmill and hold down the button to speed it up, 5 mph is the speed at which I start my jog until it gets to where I can actually move forwards instead of just bouncing up and down.

I jog at 7 mph if I need to warm up, otherwise Im at 8.5-9 for a 5-8k run. A sprint for me is somewhere just over 11 mph.

Whats your weight/height?

laugh.gif
btw, no one can sustain a true sprint for more than a few seconds, much less 35 minutes

5mph is a moderate speed to break a sweat...Might not be a full sprint but it's not walking..Interested to know what kind of numbers YOUR doing?
laugh.gif
I cant believe youre defending your 5 mph speed. When I turn on the treadmill and hold down the button to speed it up, 5 mph is the speed at which I start my jog until it gets to where I can actually move forwards instead of just bouncing up and down.

I jog at 7 mph if I need to warm up, otherwise Im at 8.5-9 for a 5-8k run. A sprint for me is somewhere just over 11 mph.

The treadmill is for pansies. 

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Originally Posted by ScottyHoward42

Moreuptempo,Maybe I'm not visualizing right but how is the first move you described stretching the right hip flexors if you are lunging with your right foot you are automatically putting your right hip flexors in a shortened position not optimal for stretching

sorry, i switched up the sides.  right foot lunge, reach east with your left arm = left flexor stretch
you'll feel it if you're doing correctly, and if you can't hold it for long enough to loosen up you can always rest your left knee on the floor

oh and disregard that second stretch, i was tired last night and thinking about glut stretches no @%%*
Am I doing this prior to my leg workouts or afterward?

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Originally Posted by ScottyHoward42

Moreuptempo,Maybe I'm not visualizing right but how is the first move you described stretching the right hip flexors if you are lunging with your right foot you are automatically putting your right hip flexors in a shortened position not optimal for stretching

sorry, i switched up the sides.  right foot lunge, reach east with your left arm = left flexor stretch
you'll feel it if you're doing correctly, and if you can't hold it for long enough to loosen up you can always rest your left knee on the floor

oh and disregard that second stretch, i was tired last night and thinking about glut stretches no @%%*
Am I doing this prior to my leg workouts or afterward?
pre-workout brodie. sometimes ill get in a few in between my squat sets, after finishing my high-rep sets just before putting on some real weight and getting in those low-rep

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Those of you guys who have problematic bicep peaks should really consider straight arm work. It requires tremendous amounts of strength from the biceps while it is stretched and produces a different kind of hypertrophy than bent arm(curls, chin ups, rows, etc.) produce. Straight arm work includes, but is not limited to back lever, front lever, planche, iron cross, maltese, etc.

Most here wouldn't be able to do that. 
Bodyweight movements can be scaled almost infinitely up and down. The best place for someone to start would likely be in a 'skin the cat' position to prep the elbows. Then progress to back lever. Coach Christopher Sommer's progressions(tuck, adv tuck, straddle, half lay, full lay) works very well. Granted, very few people ever reach maltese, iron cross, planche, etc. it doesn't mean that training for the movements doesn't benefit the trainee. Joint integrity, proprioception, balance, etc. is tough to gain from traditional strength training for the upper body.

I dunno how that can be considered sprinting. 6 is barely a jogging pace and 5 is just barely walk-able

laugh.gif

5mph is a moderate speed to break a sweat... Might not be a full sprint but it's not walking.. Interested to know what kind of numbers YOUR doing?

5 mph is a brisk walk
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

AG 47 wrote:
I can vouch for this exercise, 6 ways.

You can really feel the burn after these.
What is this dumb !*!%?�
Try 3 sets of 8 with a weight you can manage.
Hold the weights at your side, raise them shoulder height with your arms out and then with your arms still extended, bring the weights in front of you and then raise them above your head.
Do the same process, but in reverse. That's 1.
man... for shoulders i usually do front raises and lateral raises with 20 or 25 lbs after i do an arnold press and/or military press (around 70 for the arnold press and a good 150-160 on the military press) but since i don't have a good gym, at the current moment, i have been doing body weight and random stuff i've found around our horse farm. 
Did this exercise with 10 lb weights... 3x8... man i felt it, very good burn. Found the hardest part was going from the raised lateral position to the raised frontal position and vic versa

THIS will be incorporated into my workouts in the future.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by Club 27

laugh.gif

5mph is a moderate speed to break a sweat... Might not be a full sprint but it's not walking.. Interested to know what kind of numbers YOUR doing?

5 mph is a brisk walk
roll.gif
5 mph isnt a brisk walk.  It's not sprinting by any means, but I dont know anyone who can walk at that speed.

(Unless that was an exaggeration to prove a point, then nevermind.)

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

6 foot, 198 right now

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I knew he was BSin when he said he did 150 pullups on his OFF days... didn't have to read much more.

Not hard to do push-ups on off days...Just because your not doing them... I gotta be BS'n

^ pushups or pullups?? Major difference.. esp if your doing 150 on off days.. I doubt you can even do 100 pullups in a workout

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory

^ pushups or pullups?? Major difference.. esp if your doing 150 on off days.. I doubt you can even do 100 pullups in a workout

I don't think it would be too hard to do 150 pull ups... maybe that is just me. 
But on an off day.. eh reaching IMO. 

i know i wouldn't do that, i hit my back too hard to do that specially on an OFF day. 

relaxing on my off day is MANDATORY! 
laugh.gif

Right because YOU know me... And I said pull-ups before I workout not everyday..I do pushups everyday..it's routine for me since that's what I started with before even touching weights for a month.Your watching me workout lol...I don't need to lie ESP. to people I don't know.I'll keep working hard I know what I do.

100+ pullups....

along with "sprinting" on at 5mph on the treadmill.....

for 35 minutes....

roll.gif

id like to see what your idea of an actual pullup is.

Originally Posted by topherr

I don't think it would be too hard to do 150 pull ups... maybe that is just me. 
But on an off day.. eh reaching IMO. 

i know i wouldn't do that, i hit my back too hard to do that specially on an OFF day. 

relaxing on my off day is MANDATORY! 
laugh.gif

Exactly you hit your back if you look at my routine....The only thing I really use is pullups for back...There is difference.

Originally Posted by Durden7

5 mph isnt a brisk walk.  It's not sprinting by any means, but I dont know anyone who can walk at that speed.

I dunno how brisk is defined, but its definitely walkable. Its borderline though, it'd be easier to jog than walk at 5mph.

6 foot, 198 right now
My dude, you should be able to do the entire half hour at 7.5 at LEAST. Running is harder mentally than physically. You just have to be able to push and keep pushing for what seems like forever.

Its not like lifting where all you gotta worry about is a set and then you get a break. Hell it might be over an hour before you can even slow down if you're putting down some miles. Instead of doing what youre doing, do maybe 5 minutes of a warmup and then kick it up to a running speed and just keep increasing the time you run for til you can go like 25 minutes. Then increase the speed a lil bit as you go on.

You WILL be able to go the 25 minutes again but running faster, its all mental. If anything you might drop down to 20 minutes or something, but you can work your way back up to 25 or whatever time you set for yourself. Dont let anything other than injuries limit your progress running. Becoming stagnant at progressing in cardio almost as terrible as lifting the same weights forever, don't let it happen.

If you can bang out pullups and pushups like clockwork you can run too. My pops is all about that running game and he can bang out a set of 70 pullups with no real issues and absolutely perfect form, so I gotta say its definitely possible you could be doin 150 push/pull-ups on an offday. Just channel that same dedication into your cardio, cuz lets be real, the running youre doing right now is weaksauce. Improve, cuz I wanna post that NT hat emoticon under youre next post about sprinting.

laugh.gif
a 12 minute mile is walking pace..................

I dunno how brisk is defined, but its definitely walkable. Its borderline though, it'd be easier to jog than walk at 5mph
5 mph is not walkable. 

Originally Posted by Club 27

100+ pullups....

along with "sprinting" on at 5mph on the treadmill.....

for 35 minutes....

roll.gif

id like to see what your idea of an actual pullup is.

I'm not gonna sit here in argue over what I'm doing...Easy to criticize when your on the outside looking in..

Right because YOU know me... And I said pull-ups before I workout not everyday..I do pushups everyday..it's routine for me since that's what I started with before even touching weights for a month.Your watching me workout lol...I don't need to lie ESP. to people I don't know.I'll keep working hard I know what I do.
Alright true, then good for you..  at the end, I don't even really care what you do/how you work out lol
laugh.gif

I dunno how brisk is defined, but its definitely walkable. Its borderline though, it'd be easier to jog than walk at 5mph
5 mph is not walkable. 
Depends how long your legs are. Im 5'11" and I can walk 3.5. And I mean walk with hands at the sides, only shoulders moving.

2LipsLegit- I see where your coming from I do need to put more effort into my cardio.And yes I've had a knee injury (acl). I'm slowly getting back into running and where I was at.Before I got hurt I was able to back paddle, side shuffle, and karaoke on a treadmill..

whats your body fat % looking like? how accurate are those online calculations where u just give your age, height, waist, hips, biceps, thigh measurements?

Back
Top Bottom