Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

feels good just started back lifting today
changed my diet also
what you listen to in the gym to get pumped up? (preferably rap)

Originally Posted by HTXMade

changed my diet also

i just bump a bunch of lex luger beats
laugh.gif

i'm trying to incorporate more oats into my diet. can i eat them uncooked? anyone throw it uncooked into their blender ball + whey + liquid? does that work? trying to look for a quick way to get them into my system. 

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

What excersises could I do at home to improve my upper body strength?

I've been struggling lifting 90 pounds over a damn mental block. I know it ain't alot but it's pissing me off that I feel like I add weight to the bar. I also can't do 3x15 pulls ups.

90 lbs doing what? Bench? Overhead Press?

bench press and 50 on overhead
eyes.gif

It ruffles my feathers, something serious.

are you a girl?  serious question.

maybe try out the smith machine to gain some confidence.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by scshift

Alright so I've gotten slightly fat (I kinda have a double chin now and can't see my ab outline anymore 
mad.gif
) over the past few weeks cause my local gym closed for a couple months.

Right now my main focus is to drop my body fat before I try and add more muscle again. I'd like to see my muscle outline as well as my ab outline so I have an idea of what I look like without high body fat (I'm probably like 16-18% right now).

What's the best way to lose fat and gain muscle? Throw everything at me - workouts, recovery, diet, frequency, I like to go all in for everything I do and this is no different.

The past few days I've been doing heavy lifting, some cardio (rowing, jump rope, running stairs, etc.) and eating less. I don't have too much muscle (a slightly average amount I guess but I'm not too sure), so I don't want to lose any of it. Just fat.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.

I hate to quote my own post, but can someone school me on good foods to eat and how to keep myself full while I'm dieting?

Trying to have a successful cut but I don't know where to start. I've been exercising pretty hard the last 5 days already, nonstop workouts at friend's homes, in the gym, on the playgrounds, everywhere.

What is the best way to burn fat, and fat only?
I hate to see you quote your own post, so let me intervene before it happens again.

Well, if you're that insistent on burning solely fat, then HIIT is the workout for you. I've recently discovered that it works best with a workout partner as well (somebody to keep you in check and make sure you're sprinting balls out). So hopefully you can find somebody to do that with you, and as far as trying to satiate yourself without overeating: best to drink a large glass or two glasses of water before eating, and to also make sure the carbs you consume are the lower GI sort. Things like Whole wheat (Ezekiel bread, especially) and brown rice tend to help fill you more than their greatly processed cousins. and ooh !*#% I left my george foreman grill on
eek.gif

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

changed my diet also

laugh.gif

i'm trying to incorporate more oats into my diet. can i eat them uncooked? anyone throw it uncooked into their blender ball + whey + liquid? does that work? trying to look for a quick way to get them into my system. 

yeah im currently throwing raw oats in the blender + whey + strawberries + bananas I make breakfast smoothies
this a nice amount of carbs and protein.

changed my diet also

laugh.gif

yeah im currently throwing raw oats in the blender + whey + strawberries + bananas I make breakfast smoothies
do you suggest i use a blender to break them up more and mix my shake? or would just throwing it whole into my mixer bottle be sufficient and easy to drink? 

im 6' 1" and about 260 pounds..im trying to lose this fat any suggestions? workouts? pills? dieting? any help is good ..thanks in advance

laugh.gif

do you suggest i use a blender to break them up more and mix my shake? or would just throwing it whole into my mixer bottle be sufficient and easy to drink? 
I throw mine in whole but I take the blender ball out cause they get trapped in it. I like the texture of the raw oats
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

I throw mine in whole but I take the blender ball out cause they get trapped in it. I like the texture of the raw oats
laugh.gif
cool. i'll give that a try. thanks for the advice, elnino and HTX

if you throw them in a blender bottle they will have that texture,
i put them in the blender 1st just raw oats until they become almost a powder and then add everything else in to make my smoothie.

sup, some advice needed...im about 5'9" 172 lbs, 21 years old and trying to BULK up and put on mass everywhere except my stomach. actually, im trying to lose a little in the stomach. nothing major at all, but i need to shed some pounds in my core. 
lift 4x-5x a week

typical day of eating/lifting includes:

breakfast-- some scrambled egg whites, bacon, cream of wheat

in between brkfast and lunch- peanutbutter/jelly on whole wheat bread

lunch-- 2 grilled chicken

workout (75 min)

protein shake post workout-- ( 2 scoops whey w/ 16 oz water --> 4 days a week) and 3 days a week i make my own hard gainer (2 tbsp peanutbutter, half cup oats, 16 oz whole milk, 2 scoops whey, 1 banana)

dinner-- either steak/grilled chicken with some type of vegetable as well as some side of potato or something of that nature

before bed-- 2 hard boiled eggs, nature valley granola bar

i also am taking C4 (pre workout) every now and then to get a nice pump, as well as on my 2nd week of creatine ethyl ester (neovar)...noticing great mass gains already in both my arms and chest, as well as rapid strength gains

drinking 1 gallon of water daily

SO MY QUESTION IS, how can i continue to BULK this winter all whilst not putting on weight in my stomach. like i mentioned, i probably need to lose 3 or 4 pounds in my stomach. i only do cardio 1x a week (play basketball for an hour) because I don't want it to take away from my gains. i want to continue to bulk throughout the winter but not put on any more weight in my stomach, this way come the spring time it will be easier to cut.

knowledgeable dudes let me know, it would be much appreciated.

my workout routine varies, but here are the cliff notes of what it looks like

mon: shoulders (15 sets) fore arms 3 sets (12-10-8 reps per exercise)

tues: back (15 sets) bis 3 sets (12-10-8 reps per exercise)

wed: (chest, 15 sets) fore arms 3 sets (12-10-8 reps per exercise)

thurs: arms, (12 sets bis, 12 sets tris) fore arms 3 sets (12-10-8 reps per exercise)

fri: legs (15 sets) tris 3 sets (12-10-8 reps per exercise)

sat or sun: basketball, off from lifting both days

knowledgeable dudes let me know what i need to continue doing or what i need to change in either my workout routine or my bulking diet in order to achieve my goals. again, essentially want to put on lean muscle

and lose the tiny gut that i have...thanks fellas 
pimp.gif

198 - 200 lbs.

cold pic before i went to class today.

havent been in here in a while - buisy with class and work.

but  i still get my sessions in.

2-3 hours a day, 5 days a week 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ajcollector9290

sup, some advice needed...im about 5'9" 172 lbs, 21 years old and trying to BULK up and put on mass everywhere except my stomach. actually, im trying to lose a little in the stomach. nothing major at all, but i need to shed some pounds in my core. 
lift 4x-5x a week

typical day of eating/lifting includes:

breakfast-- some scrambled egg whites, bacon, cream of wheat

in between brkfast and lunch- peanutbutter/jelly on whole wheat bread

lunch-- 2 grilled chicken

workout (75 min)

protein shake post workout-- ( 2 scoops whey w/ 16 oz water --> 4 days a week) and 3 days a week i make my own hard gainer (2 tbsp peanutbutter, half cup oats, 16 oz whole milk, 2 scoops whey, 1 banana)

dinner-- either steak/grilled chicken with some type of vegetable as well as some side of potato or something of that nature

before bed-- 2 hard boiled eggs, nature valley granola bar

i also am taking C4 (pre workout) every now and then to get a nice pump, as well as on my 2nd week of creatine ethyl ester (neovar)...noticing great mass gains already in both my arms and chest, as well as rapid strength gains

drinking 1 gallon of water daily

SO MY QUESTION IS, how can i continue to BULK this winter all whilst not putting on weight in my stomach. like i mentioned, i probably need to lose 3 or 4 pounds in my stomach. i only do cardio 1x a week (play basketball for an hour) because I don't want it to take away from my gains. i want to continue to bulk throughout the winter but not put on any more weight in my stomach, this way come the spring time it will be easier to cut.

knowledgeable dudes let me know, it would be much appreciated.

my workout routine varies, but here are the cliff notes of what it looks like

mon: shoulders (15 sets) fore arms 3 sets (12-10-8 reps per exercise)

tues: back (15 sets) bis 3 sets (12-10-8 reps per exercise)

wed: (chest, 15 sets) fore arms 3 sets (12-10-8 reps per exercise)

thurs: arms, (12 sets bis, 12 sets tris) fore arms 3 sets (12-10-8 reps per exercise)

fri: legs (15 sets) tris 3 sets (12-10-8 reps per exercise)

sat or sun: basketball, off from lifting both days

knowledgeable dudes let me know what i need to continue doing or what i need to change in either my workout routine or my bulking diet in order to achieve my goals. again, essentially want to put on lean muscle

and lose the tiny gut that i have...thanks fellas 
pimp.gif

Bulking will result in fat-gain...no way around that. There's no such thing as spot reduction (or the opposite).
In order to bulk, just eat more. Eat more what? It depends if you care how much fatter you'll get (anything if you don't care about fat-gain or more clean foods to control fat-gain)

So I've been hitting the gym 5 days a week (for the past 4 weeks).
At first I tried to not do cardio cause I felt like I could use that time to lift more.
But instead I just decided to add it because my stamina isn't where I want it to be.
So now I'm aiming to work out 1.25 - 1.5 hours, mainly lifting but I finish it up with a 1 - 2 mile run.

Also, I haven't completely adapted to a diet yet but I've made some progress in my eating habits.
Breakfast: I was eating a bowl of cheerios but after reading some responses in here, I might switch.
On my lunch breaks I try to eat a Turkey sandwich on wheat bread, with a banana, and a water bottle for my drink.
For Dinner I usually just eat what my dad cooks but in smaller portions. He likes to cook vegetables so that's a plus.
Should I incorporate another meal/snack into my diet? Usually the three meals, plus my protein shake after each workout, keeps me full.
Oh btw, the only time I'm not drinking water is in the morning. I usually have milk or orange juice. Any other time, I have a bottle of water.

This thread right here is my motivation, big thanks to all the users who help out others.

TxRook wrote:
So I've been hitting the gym 5 days a week (for the past 4 weeks).
At first I tried to not do cardio cause I felt like I could use that time to lift more.
But instead I just decided to add it because my stamina isn't where I want it to be.
So now I'm aiming to work out 1.25 - 1.5 hours, mainly lifting but I finish it up with a 1 - 2 mile run.

Also, I haven't completely adapted to a diet yet but I'm made some progress in my eating habits.
Breakfast: I was eating a bowl of cheerios but after reading some responses in here, I might switch.
On my lunch breaks I try to eat a Turkey sandwich on wheat bread, with a banana, and a water bottle for my drink.
For Dinner I usually just eat what my dad cooks but in smaller portions. He likes to cook vegetables so that's a plus.
Should I incorporate another meal/snack into my diet? Usually the three meals, plus my protein shake after each workout, keeps me full.

This thread right here is my motivation, big thanks to all the users who help out others.

turn that three meals a day into 6-8 small meals..

protein shakes are meal replacements btw 

bwood056 - What would you recommend for breakfast - lunch?
I usually have my protein shake around 3 pm (Tuesdays & Thursdays, Friday) or 5:30 pm (Mondays & Wednesdays)?
On Mondays and Wednesdays, I never feel like eating again until it's almost bedtime.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by ajcollector9290

Bulking will result in fat-gain...no way around that. There's no such thing as spot reduction (or the opposite).
In order to bulk, just eat more. Eat more what? It depends if you care how much fatter you'll get (anything if you don't care about fat-gain or more clean foods to control fat-gain)
Fat gain doesnt depend on what foods you eat. It depends on the amount of calories you eat.

Ive heard the whole no spot gains thing before, but Im not sure I buy it completely. If youre working out some muscle groups and not others, the ones youre working out will grow, or at least grow more. Thats the way I look at it. Now if you work out several groups in a day, you wont be able to steer your body towards growing some and not others.

TxRook wrote:
bwood056 - What would you recommend for breakfast - lunch?
I usually have my protein shake around 3 pm (Tuesdays & Thursdays, Friday) or 5:30 pm (Mondays & Wednesdays)?
On Mondays and Wednesdays, I never feel like eating again until it's almost bedtime.

i eat oatmeal every day for breakfast.

if iam feeling froggy, ill make egg whites , and turkey (cold cuts) on top.

protein shake couple of hours later - just water and powder

snack - penut butter and honey sandwich - before workout 30 min prior.

protein shake after workout - mix with fruit (up the calories) blender

snack - usually some fruit

dinner - chicken and  brown rice - veggies.

this is what iam eating today, for example.

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

You're trying to lean out so yea, oats is one of the best source of carbs there is

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Not too impressed by the squats...but those deads
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Couldnt help stare at shorty's pumpum
30t6p3b.gif

Whats better... cardio before or after lifting some weights? I'm reading mixed things on the web. I usually do 30 min of cardio before hand. i'm trying to lose weight here.. not bulk up just yet

Back
Top Bottom