Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

What do u mean by eating clean
Lower your carb intake,
no bread, rice,pasta.
No sugar which is in soda and drinks.

Try to get your carbs form vegetables ,greens and protein are the best.

Oh word so pretty much incorporate more greens nstuff .Are green food drinks good
embarassed.gif
I thought about only grilling my meats and eating salad and oats for blast.Thanks for the umm reply
embarassed.gif
Not to put you on blast or anything, but that's why so many people fail.  You gotta plan long term because change won't happen overnight nor within a couple of weeks.  How long do you honestly think you can eat grilled meat and salads?  And seeing as that you're already thinking about "drinking your greens", you're just setting yourself up for failure by thinking you can shortcut this. 

Shoefreak already gave you some advice on what you can do food-wise, but if you can do the work to research what you need to do in-depth diet and exercise wise, then I'd say that's a good first step in your road to being fit.  Good luck, bro

Not to put you on blast or anything, but that's why so many people fail.  You gotta plan long term because change won't happen overnight nor within a couple of weeks.  How long do you honestly think you can eat grilled meat and salads?  And seeing as that you're already thinking about "drinking your greens", you're just setting yourself up for failure by thinking you can shortcut this. 

Shoefreak already gave you some advice on what you can do food-wise, but if you can do the work to research what you need to do in-depth diet and exercise wise, then I'd say that's a good first step in your road to being fit.  Good luck, bro

What's so unsustainable about meat and veggies? Go to most restaurants or grocery stores/markets and you'll find those items. It works very well for people to get lean fast. You don't have to worry about losing much muscle mass due to elevated insulin levels, no feeling of deprivation(protein is very satiating), performance doesn't suffer after you become adapted, decreases inflammation, increased intake of nutrients, etc. It's very sustainable for a short period of time, and even as a lifestyle. If you ever get some free time and are interested, visit pubmed and take a look at some of the studies comparing a 'paleolithic diet' against a traditional or various other diets. The results speak for themselves.
Drinking 'green drinks' has it's uses, but if you're asking, you probably don't need them. They're becoming popular as a recovery drink for advanced athletes. 

If you're serious about it, start educating yourself about the 'paleo diet'. There are numerous incarnations of this, primal, new evolution, caveman diet, etc. A good starting resource is www.robbwolf.com

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

What's so unsustainable about meat and veggies? Go to most restaurants or grocery stores/markets and you'll find those items. It works very well for people to get lean fast. You don't have to worry about losing much muscle mass due to elevated insulin levels, no feeling of deprivation(protein is very satiating), performance doesn't suffer after you become adapted, decreases inflammation, increased intake of nutrients, etc. It's very sustainable for a short period of time, and even as a lifestyle. If you ever get some free time and are interested, visit pubmed and take a look at some of the studies comparing a 'paleolithic diet' against a traditional or various other diets. The results speak for themselves.
Drinking 'green drinks' has it's uses, but if you're asking, you probably don't need them. They're becoming popular as a recovery drink for advanced athletes. 

If you're serious about it, start educating yourself about the 'paleo diet'. There are numerous incarnations of this, primal, new evolution, caveman diet, etc. A good starting resource is www.robbwolf.com

The funny thing is, you guys are pretty much both right.  The extreme low carb diet (less than 20g a day) is just really tough to maintain for most people, but that state of ketosis really helps with losing weight.  I think only certain people can truly adopt the low carb diet as a lifestyle.  

I used to go up and down in weight (around 15-20 lbs) all the time because I'd either be dieting or eating whatever I want; I lost weight by doing the caveman diet (I was miserable during those times), but now I only go up and down about 6-7 lbs throughout the year by just adopting a healthier lifestyle (although I still subscribe to a lower carb diet, around 100-150g/day of good carbs).  If I do go on a diet, I only have to do it for around 2 weeks to lose the extra 3-4 pounds I picked up over the holidays or a vacation.

���

this is just a motivational video I enjoy. Really gets me motivated to work hard. Hopefully it can motivate others

Originally Posted by MoodMuzik75

���

this is just a motivational video I enjoy. Really gets me motivated to work hard. Hopefully it can motivate others
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breath that's when you'll be successful."

That vid gave me goose gumps. Thanks, my man. Needed that.

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

Originally Posted by MoodMuzik75

���

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breath that's when you'll be successful."

That vid gave me goose gumps. Thanks, my man. Needed that.
IMHO, that was pretty damb bad, but if it helps you, good.

^^^Yeah that speech has def been worn out in too many motivational vids, but the speech it self is still appreciated none the less.
I just wrapped up my first four weeks of double training, insanity asylum in the am and weight lifting in the pm. I have never been more
focused or determined than I am this year to achieve my ideal body, just two more weeks left of this program. Fells good man 
pimp.gif

IMHO, that was pretty damb bad, but if it helps you, good.

Your entitled to your opinion. I understand the speech has been used a lot. But what i like about the video is it looks like regular people that are putting in work. and if they can do it I can too.

The funny thing is, you guys are pretty much both right.  The extreme low carb diet (less than 20g a day) is just really tough to maintain for most people, but that state of ketosis really helps with losing weight.  I think only certain people can truly adopt the low carb diet as a lifestyle.  

I used to go up and down in weight (around 15-20 lbs) all the time because I'd either be dieting or eating whatever I want; I lost weight by doing the caveman diet (I was miserable during those times), but now I only go up and down about 6-7 lbs throughout the year by just adopting a healthier lifestyle (although I still subscribe to a lower carb diet, around 100-150g/day of good carbs).  If I do go on a diet, I only have to do it for around 2 weeks to lose the extra 3-4 pounds I picked up over the holidays or a vacation.

I'm not advocating a Very Low Cabohydrate Diet as a lifestyle. But a person has to earn their carbohydrates. When you're as lean as you'd like, then start adding in more sources of carbohydrates. Even in those that follow a 'paleo diet', tubers and fruit are consumed regularly. A paleolithic approach does not mean a low carb approach by any means, the idea is to eliminate, as Dr. Kurt Harris would say, the 'Neolithic Agents of Disease'. 
But a lower carb approach tends to be very successful in getting people lean with less effort than a higher carb diet. There are loads of approaches that have worked for some, but most people do not succeed in getting very lean while consuming high carbohydrate levels. This is all while improving athletic performance and not having to stress about losing weight. Sure, you can play with other things like meal timing(intermittent fasting), but following the 'First Things First' principle, you'll take care of food quality first, then focus on timing, calories, etc.

im thinking about going to the gym tommorrow because i tweaked my ankle and was wondering whats a great way to learn how to do new exercises??

Originally Posted by Lyrical92

I need something to eat after a workout, like not necessarily a meal but a nice smedium snack?

i usually just do protein shake, and a PB&J sandwich sometimes. but since im on EC i just eat banana.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

So yesterday I worked out after one whole year (because that was my last years resolution, to just relax and worry about myself mentally), I seriously got tired after 6 minutes. I'm always tired now. I stopped eating breakfast because I now wake up around like 11-1pm. Please Please Please give me suggestions on how to boost my energy again without taking any pills or drinking tea and stuff. I'm going to start waking up at 10am (because I know anything earlier will just put me in a bad mood for the day).
The first few days after a long break is always the hardest. Trust me, I was almost falling asleep in the gym a few weeks back 
laugh.gif
(I was in party/holiday/vacation mode all of december). Just take the first few days slowly and you'll eventually re-build your endurance.
How much you eat also has alot to do with it. When I was bulking, I could workout forever without feeling tired at all. During cutting, it's a different story
sick.gif
It's much more challenging...I get tired within 20 minutes but I just force myself to do the extra 20-25 and then hop o  the treadmill for a speedwalk/jog

Well I woke up around 10 today like I planned but I didn't eat until now ... which is 2:00 my time, that's really bad.

I guess my biggest problem is eating in the morning. I'm gonna do what you guys say and hope it works for the best.
FORCE yourself to eat, even if it makes you feel like puking. You get used to it after a while, and wake up hungry eventually.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm hungry all the time now and if I eat I'm hungry 30 minutes later.

I'm hungry right now and it's 1:30am that's why I came to post on here. I'm so hungry. I've been considering riding my bike out to Denny's for the past 30 minutes.

I've finally gotten my long time goal of benching 185 lbs today. Did it twice... that was my target ever since I learned it's what they use at the NBA Draft combine.

Next up I gotta get some muscle ups done.

How many hours before a workout should I eat and should they mainly by carbs?

How much should I eat after a workout and should it mainly be protein?

My god the price of supplements has gone up since the last time I ordered like 6 months ago. Whey Protein used to be around $40 shipped now its about $55 for a 5lb tub.
Anyone know of anything cheaper?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ar916

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Is Creatine like a steroid?

water weight, it pretty much goes away after u stop taking it, this is what ive heard

It's not even close to a steriod. It helps supply your muscles with more water making your stronger and making you look fuller. Creatine is mainly used to build strength and with strength comes a certain amount of muscles. You should only use it at max 2 months at a time and reasearch shows that when creatine is used properly(along with a proper diet) 60% of your weight gains stay afterwards

What's that go to "feel like your cheating" snack for you guys? Right now for me its fresh pineapples with greek yogurt, whole wheat protein pancakes with strawberries, and all natural organic peanut butter with apples

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

How many hours before a workout should I eat and should they mainly by carbs?

How much should I eat after a workout and should it mainly be protein?

Pre-workout: i tend to eat 6 egg white with a cup of brown rice(just because it keeps me full for a while) and wash it down with a protein shake then I hit the gym after about 1 hr. dont eat too many carbs otherwise your insulin with get spiked through the roof and you'll crash mid workout sothats why i suggest the brown rice 
Post-workout: I down a protein shake with a cup of oats and a banana and then i wait 30 min an eat a whole chicken breast with a cup of white rice(fast digesting carb since your body is eager for engery post workout)

Originally Posted by picknroll24

My god the price of supplements has gone up since the last time I ordered like 6 months ago. Whey Protein used to be around $40 shipped now its about $55 for a 5lb tub.
nerd.gif

Bodybuilding. Com or supplement warehouse

if you work out late ( lets say after 8:30 pm) does it matter if you eat late being your body will be needing the energy post workout?

Originally Posted by acekilla408

Originally Posted by picknroll24

nerd.gif

Bodybuilding. Com or supplement warehouse

DPS nutrition has been holding me down for the past 8 years.  Prices are great (typically will be within $5 of the cheapest price you can find for any given product if it isn't the cheapest price already), shipping is a flat 5.95 for UPS ground to anywhere, and the customer service is top notch (the main reason I keep shopping here).  

One time they accidentally shipped the wrong protein powder to me and next day aired my correct order no charge, no questions asked.  I did have to send the wrong protein powder back though....boo.

Back
Top Bottom