Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Just started the couch to 5k app 2 weeks ago. Trying to lose 20 pounds short term and then go from there. Haven't had a cig or soda since the new year started and starting to eat healthy also. Walking/jogging for 30 minutes for 2 miles 11 out of the last 14 days with the app. Any additional advice guys?

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Lol @ the bro-science in here.

laugh.gif
your right tho. I mean personally, I would think everyone on NT is pretty internet savvy, so maybe people would wonder over to bodybuilding.com and check out the forums over there and read up or at least ask questions over there.

Nothing wrong with comin here for Q&A but there is a whole online community dedicated to it 

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Lol @ the bro-science in here.

laugh.gif
your right tho. I mean personally, I would think everyone on NT is pretty internet savvy, so maybe people would wonder over to bodybuilding.com and check out the forums over there and read up or at least ask questions over there.

Nothing wrong with comin here for Q&A but there is a whole online community dedicated to it 
I'm 99% sure the origins of bro-science can be traced back to http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

Originally Posted by KING OF ERV

Started going to the gym in mid November, 4 -5 days of cardio, 3-4 days of weight training a week, with a couple of weeks of slacking off because of my schedule.

Weighed in at about 193 pounds in November, weighed myself 2 weeks ago came in at about 167.

Diet hasn’t really changed still eat horribly, fast food a few times a week, soda daily, chips and other snacks here and there.

Daily work out:

1.5 hours of cardio usually split between treadmill and elliptical machine.

Weight training: Rotated weekly.

Day 1) chest

Day 2) back and shoulders

Day 3) Arms (biceps/triceps/forearms)

Day 4) If done usually repeat what was done on day one.

Don’t really work out my legs as I’m only 5’7 and not trying to bulk up too much because I don’t really like the short big legs bulky look.

Going to drop drinking soda regularly soon and try to keep fast food at a minimum because I know I am going to plateau in weight loss soon.

Started working on abs today, going to do them regularly from now on.

the way u training is equivalent to a running back breaking it for 90 yards and fumbling

Originally Posted by needsomejays

For those of you who take whey, do you think 2 scoops at a time is too much? 50 grams of protein seems like a lot
Of course not. If you're taking it post-workout you can bet that your body needs that protein. The entire "Your body can only digest so much protein at one time" is only partially true. Your body can digest as much protein as your body is craving to repair itself. The estimated limit is around 60g's of protein in one sitting but that varies from person to person depending on the intensity they train combined with lots of other factors such as genetics. So the answer is... No, It's just about right. You'll notice larger gains by supplying yourself with the protein your body needs.

Originally Posted by ElCubanoDel510

So I'm starting my first cycle of superdrol next week. Any one have experience with it.
nerd.gif

Why would you take superdrol over all the others that are out there?

Phs.
eek.gif

Two scoops is fine. Depending how hard you workout. I used to do 3. Two scoops whey and one casein.

Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter

So I'm starting my first cycle of superdrol next week. Any one have experience with it.
nerd.gif

Thats what I was wondering? Im not too knowledgeable about this stuff, cuz Ive never ridden a bike but Superdrol definitely seems inferior to some of the alternatives out there, from what Ive seen.

Originally Posted by Caerus

For the heads who wanna lose weight fast, sure running on the treadmill is good but order Insanity ASAP.

Just do your part eating wise and thank me later.
^ This.
I'm on my 2nd week and I'm loving it. I hate running without playing a sport and currently don't have access to a gym. This is definitely the ideal workout for those who want to workout at home.

nerd.gif

Well what would you suggest?

As for PCT so far I have clomid, dhea, and a bottle of proliver.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by Caerus

For the heads who wanna lose weight fast, sure running on the treadmill is good but order Insanity ASAP.

Just do your part eating wise and thank me later.
^ This.
I'm on my 2nd week and I'm loving it. I hate running without playing a sport and currently don't have access to a gym. This is definitely the ideal workout for those who want to workout at home.
Looks like an insane cardio workout, anybody else try this? Worth it?

HIIT> any type of cardio, you'll burn way more fat then treadmills or whatever. What you guys think is the best program for someone to get to 225 benchin? I've been at SS for a while and seen some dope gains, but idk if i should keep goin till I hit 225. My squats and DL's are always goin up, but im like plateuing at 175 for bench

what is HIIT. and how do you do it?? i heard it from magazines but i don't know much bodybuilding terms.. someone told me to get arms in shape is to do 5 sets of 10 of dumbells..

anytruth to this.. how many different exercises should i do? And can someone give me an upperbody workout to get me ripped and cut? and neeed help with abs too

nerd.gif

That's cool you did your research. Before and after bike riding pics (nh). What's the max dose you'll be taking? 20mg or more?

Originally Posted by jorrdanfan23

what is HIIT. and how do you do it?? i heard it from magazines but i don't know much bodybuilding terms.. someone told me to get arms in shape is to do 5 sets of 10 of dumbells..

anytruth to this.. how many different exercises should i do? And can someone give me an upperbody workout to get me ripped and cut? and neeed help with abs too

High Intensity Interval Training?

theblack Mamba- eat more, once you reach your goal of 225 get a different routine to cut, if that's what you're doing. 5/3/1 is recommended.
also, how many plates on your DL bro
nerd.gif

I used to do back workouts only once a week before, took a few month hiatus (
sick.gif
) and recently worked out my back and biceps again this past Saturday. I forgot how great back workouts feel. My back is feeling pretty good after only 3 days, should I go from working out my back once a week to working out after a 3 day rest?

Originally Posted by syxth element

That's cool you did your research. Before and after bike riding pics (nh). What's the max dose you'll be taking? 20mg or more?
Looking to start at 10mg and by week 3 30mg. I'll keep a pic log as I go and keep you guys updated.

What are you guy's body fat percentages?

Is there a place where I can see pictures of examples of people with different BF%s? I'm trying to figure out where I want to be later on. Of course, the plan is to keep trimming until it looks good regardless of the numbers, but some actual examples would be helpful.

Also, what are appropriate weights for people who work out? I'm 5'8" 160lbs right now... I'm not sure if that's solid or not but I hate to lose weight and find out I'm frail
sick.gif

I'm 6'0, 170 lbs and about 6-7% body fat. At this point in my life I'm pretty much body sculpting. Give everything you do 100% (diet, routine, sleep) and you'll see results.

Anyone try the Ronnie Coleman routine?
eek.gif
I got a boy 295lbs solid doin this, crucial 

Originally Posted by scshift

What are you guy's body fat percentages?

Is there a place where I can see pictures of examples of people with different BF%s? I'm trying to figure out where I want to be later on. Of course, the plan is to keep trimming until it looks good regardless of the numbers, but some actual examples would be helpful.

Also, what are appropriate weights for people who work out? I'm 5'8" 160lbs right now... I'm not sure if that's solid or not but I hate to lose weight and find out I'm frail
sick.gif
I'm 5'11," 169.5lbs at about 10% body fat, that will drop down to 7% by summer.

Looking at pictures wont help you, everybody's body has a different appearance.

5'8" 160lbs sounds out of shape to me but Idk your natural body type. Being frail > being overweight.

You're at the prime age to start weight training, go get that %!##.

Back
Top Bottom