Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

I just read pages, and PAGES in this thread on protein shakes and so many damn replys but nothing specific IE: whey, egg, casein or brand(s) etc. Im a small dude, 5'11, 152lbs, but I dont want to get crazy bulk, rather lean, so im afraid of the outcome the protein shake might do to me.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I just read pages, and PAGES in this thread on protein shakes and so many damn replys but nothing specific IE: whey, egg, casein or brand(s) etc. Im a small dude, 5'11, 152lbs, but I dont want to get crazy bulk, rather lean, so im afraid of the outcome the protein shake might do to me.

laugh.gif

1) You won't turn into ronnie coleman from drinking protein shakes

2) Whey is generally recommended for post workout shakes (due to easy digestability) and casein for "extended release" of protein (e.g. taken before bed)

3) Optimum nutrition

Originally Posted by Based Mod

laugh.gif

2) Whey is generally recommended for post workout shakes (due to easy digestability) and casein for "extended release" of protein (e.g. taken before bed)

3) Optimum nutrition

Word. 
Got this in my cart,
Amazon product ASIN B000QSNYGI
Pull the trigger? 

laugh.gif

3) Optimum nutrition

Word. 
Got this in my cart,
Pull the trigger? 

$53??  hell nah.  you can usually find those 5lb tubs for less than $40.  keep an eye out on slickdeals (put an alert so it sends you e-mails).

:l I'm starting Insanity again tomorrow.

Any suggestions on what to eat?

I'm also doing one 10 minute trainer each morning to wake me up because my sleeping cycle is really screwed up and I want to be really tired by at least 12-2 PM so I can get 8-10 hours of sleep until my sleeping habit go back to normal.

laugh.gif

3) Optimum nutrition

Word. 
Got this in my cart,
Pull the trigger? 
$53??  hell nah.  you can usually find those 5lb tubs for less than $40.  keep an eye out on slickdeals (put an alert so it sends you e-mails).
I don't care about price, I'm just talking about specific brand, I read good things about ON Whey, so that's why I want to copp. 

Word. 
Got this in my cart,
Pull the trigger? 
I don't care about price, I'm just talking about specific brand, I read good things about ON Whey, so that's why I want to copp. 

Get ON for sure and if you have the funds, try the ON Hydrolyzed Whey. An essential stack (regardless of what you're goals are) should consist of:
- Whey Protein

- Multivitamin

- Fish Oils/Omega 3

- BCAA's (Intra-workout)

Alex

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

why bcaa's considered essential if not on a cut?
hydrowhey is not worth the price.
BCAA's support recovery, decrease catabolism and aid in protein synthesis.  Obviously they are more vital during a cut, but they should also be taken while maintaining or bulking.  I personally use Xtend year round.

From my understanding, our bodies can absorb and digest Hydrowhey faster than WPI.  I personally haven't tried it, but I've heard great things from everyone that has.

Alex

how do you get stronger for the sake of playing ball?

i know about the whole curl regiment, but I dont wanna get thick, just stronger and what not.. i know my diet isn't good. w/ drinking.

Started keto diet yesterday

Limiting carbs is tough, but bacon, steak and eggs all day?
pimp.gif

And as far as protein, ON Gold Standard is good. I ordered a 10 lb bag from bestpricenutrition.com and they sent me the wrong flavor and the bag was open
indifferent.gif
now their customer service is trying to act like its not a problem. Will be ordering from bb.com from now on.*edit*bpn ended up resolving it

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Started keto diet yesterday

Limiting carbs is tough, but bacon, steak and eggs all day?
pimp.gif

And as far as protein, ON Gold Standard is good. I ordered a 10 lb bag from bestpricenutrition.com and they sent me the wrong flavor and the bag was open
indifferent.gif
now their customer service is trying to act like its not a problem. Will be ordering from bb.com from now on.

a chargeback with CC would have been filed with a quickness, thats just dirty
sick.gif

ight bruh, i know you ignore me in the mw3 thread but anyways....

i think you wanna gain muscle but not get fat? (everyone does)

there is no way around not getting some fat because you have to up your cal and carb count.

you will get noob gains at first but then youll hit a plateau.

supps do help but they arent everything in a workout, you should rather eat your protein.

just do the main exercises, (squat, bench etc) and youll fain muscle and eat bruh EAT. and rest.

eat clean btw.

Originally Posted by nikestreetdotcom

Get ON for sure and if you have the funds, try the ON Hydrolyzed Whey. An essential stack (regardless of what you're goals are) should consist of:
- Whey Protein

- Multivitamin

- Fish Oils/Omega 3

- BCAA's (Intra-workout)

Alex
Alex whats up kid! I tried to hit you on FB / text you the other day regarding questions, did you change your number?  
Originally Posted by Cole World

ight bruh, i know you ignore me in the mw3 thread but anyways....

i think you wanna gain muscle but not get fat? (everyone does)

there is no way around not getting some fat because you have to up your cal and carb count.

you will get noob gains at first but then youll hit a plateau.

supps do help but they arent everything in a workout, you should rather eat your protein.

just do the main exercises, (squat, bench etc) and youll fain muscle and eat bruh EAT. and rest.

eat clean btw.
Lol, I don't ignore you son.
I'm starting to eat clean, my only problem is eating the required cals. I did one of those calories/weight/height calculators and it told me I need to maintain 2560 a day, which is becoming a feat for me. I can eat crazy burgers and fries etc., but that's not a healthy way. Lately I'm eating grilled chicken, fish, broccoli, asparagus, chopped fruit, oatmeal and such but its nowhere getting me to 2560 cals I need or even more. Im still doing my cardio, strength exercise and im noticing my arms and biceps starting to tone (great results in 5 weeks so far), im just having trouble with the eating. Im avg. about 1800-2000 a day.

IHeartBoost wrote:
Lol, I don't ignore you son.
I'm starting to eat clean, my only problem is eating the required cals. I did one of those calories/weight/height calculators and it told me I need to maintain 2560 a day, which is becoming a feat for me. I can eat crazy burgers and fries etc., but that's not a healthy way. Lately I'm eating grilled chicken, fish, broccoli, asparagus, chopped fruit, oatmeal and such but its nowhere getting me to 2560 cals I need or even more. Im still doing my cardio, strength exercise and im noticing my arms and biceps starting to tone (great results in 5 weeks so far), im just having trouble with the eating. Im avg. about 1800-2000 a day.

how many times do you eat a day?

for someone 5 weeks in, sounds like your diet is ok. don't buy into the whole bs about nutrient timing and casein at night and hydrowhey immediately post-workout. just buy some decent protein powder and fit it in with your macros if you can't meet it with food. like dude said: lift, eat, rest repeat. and eat lots of steak!

what do you guys eat during the day?
I work 9-6 and I feel as if I don't intake enough food.

My diet for the day consists of:

protein shake (en route to work, 7:30-8:00)
cup of oatmeal, fruit, and yogurt for breakfast (around 8:30-9:00)
Snack on almonds until lunchtime
chicken/beef with vegetables or brown rice (around 12:00-1:00)
Snack on more almonds
sandwhich or something small (around 4:00-5:00)
More almonds or fruit

Gym around 7:00-9:00 roughly

Post workout shake at 9:00 and then I try to eat something before I go to bed about an hour later

is it bad to eat something right before bed? (lately I've been eating 3 eggs, sausage , mushroom omelettes)

Where can I incorporate a more filling meal? (with my current diet I'm only eating 2 real meals, lunch and my meal before bed). Any recommendations for food substitutes?
Any help, tips, advice will be appreciated

i also buy and eat quest bars. the profile is great and they taste amazing. heat one in the micro for 10 sec and drink with a cold glass of skim milk - 30 delicious grams of protein 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

i also buy and eat quest bars. the profile is great and they taste amazing. heat one in the micro for 10 sec and drink with a cold glass of skim milk - 30 delicious grams of protein 
happy.gif
In all these years, I've never thought to put my protein bars in the microwave. You sir just changed my life
laugh.gif

Got question about where I should start with my bench press. I've been working out for a little while now but I've never done bench press because I don't have anyone to spot me and PF doesn't have a power rack, so I'm not trying to have the planet fitness staff sprinting across the gym to try to get a bar off my chest. Typically when I do dumbell presses I use 55's not really sure how that translates. I guess I have the same question for sqauts too. Thanks.

^^ Just try some weight out. There's no exact adjustment for dumbbells and barbells. I'd say try around 100-115 and see where you go from there.

^ Thanks G, thats what I thinking but I wanted to see if anyone knew better.  How do you get stronger without being able to go to failure because you have no spotter?

just focus on form and check your ego at the door man. learn how to ditch the bar before you get pinned. increase by 5# when you can do at least 5 clean reps. you'll be pushing weight quick so long as you're consistent and getting enough food and rest.

Back
Top Bottom