Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

A week out the gym & I feel fat & bloated
30t6p3b.gif

This is how bulking must feel like
sick.gif

Now I'm sure this has been answered, but this thread is so huge and there are so many things being quoted and re-quoted:

I'm trying to burn fat, wanna lose about 20-30 pounds over the next few months. I have the workouts I need to do down, Im just lost when it comes to adjusting my diet. Any suggestions ? i'm trying to strictly burn body fat. Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by JD Turk

Now I'm sure this has been answered, but this thread is so huge and there are so many things being quoted and re-quoted:

I'm trying to burn fat, wanna lose about 20-30 pounds over the next few months. I have the workouts I need to do down, Im just lost when it comes to adjusting my diet. Any suggestions ? i'm trying to strictly burn body fat. Thanks in advance.

calories in - calories out

eat less than you burn = weight loss

also up your protein and lower your carbs.

How the hell do you guys keep up with your daily protein intake? Especially WITHOUT protein shakes?

I'm doing an all natural cut, without any supplements or shakes and I think I eat alot but when I check out my macros from my daily tracker, I'm only hitting 1 g per pound or 1.25 at best

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

How the hell do you guys keep up with your daily protein intake? Especially WITHOUT protein shakes?

I'm doing an all natural cut, without any supplements or shakes and I think I eat alot but when I check out my macros from my daily tracker, I'm only hitting 1 g per pound or 1.25 at best
Why do you need more than that?

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

how do you get stronger for the sake of playing ball?

i know about the whole curl regiment, but I dont wanna get thick, just stronger and what not.. i know my diet isn't good. w/ drinking.

Squats and dead-lifts. Get your back and quads on point and you'll be set.  Also minimize your intake on alcohol, our bodies recognizes it as a toxin and uses the energy we get  from food to get rid of it (less energy you'll have to workout)
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Cole World

IHeartBoost wrote:
Lol, I don't ignore you son.
I'm starting to eat clean, my only problem is eating the required cals. I did one of those calories/weight/height calculators and it told me I need to maintain 2560 a day, which is becoming a feat for me. I can eat crazy burgers and fries etc., but that's not a healthy way. Lately I'm eating grilled chicken, fish, broccoli, asparagus, chopped fruit, oatmeal and such but its nowhere getting me to 2560 cals I need or even more. Im still doing my cardio, strength exercise and im noticing my arms and biceps starting to tone (great results in 5 weeks so far), im just having trouble with the eating. Im avg. about 1800-2000 a day.
how many times do you eat a day? 

3 - 4.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a snack (an hour) before I go to bed. I know I need to eat 5 meals a day, but that's not easy, but im trying. So far Ive had breakfast, lunch and a grilled chicken and spinach salad 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

for someone 5 weeks in, sounds like your diet is ok. don't buy into the whole bs about nutrient timing and casein at night and hydrowhey immediately post-workout. just buy some decent protein powder and fit it in with your macros if you can't meet it with food. like dude said: lift, eat, rest repeat. and eat lots of steak!
Steak is good for my diet? *%*%, I'm about to go in then!

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

IHeartBoost wrote:
Lol, I don't ignore you son.
I'm starting to eat clean, my only problem is eating the required cals. I did one of those calories/weight/height calculators and it told me I need to maintain 2560 a day, which is becoming a feat for me. I can eat crazy burgers and fries etc., but that's not a healthy way. Lately I'm eating grilled chicken, fish, broccoli, asparagus, chopped fruit, oatmeal and such but its nowhere getting me to 2560 cals I need or even more. Im still doing my cardio, strength exercise and im noticing my arms and biceps starting to tone (great results in 5 weeks so far), im just having trouble with the eating. Im avg. about 1800-2000 a day.
3 - 4.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a snack (an hour) before I go to bed. I know I need to eat 5 meals a day, but that's not easy, but im trying. So far Ive had breakfast, lunch and a grilled chicken and spinach salad 
tired.gif

for someone 5 weeks in, sounds like your diet is ok. don't buy into the whole bs about nutrient timing and casein at night and hydrowhey immediately post-workout. just buy some decent protein powder and fit it in with your macros if you can't meet it with food. like dude said: lift, eat, rest repeat. and eat lots of steak!

Steaks and chicken are good, but make sure they're cooked in a healthy manner. None of that fried stuff, but grilled/baked is good.

Have you looked into gainer supplements?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

i thought eating a lot of red meat (steak) was bad because it doesn't digest fast/sits inside you for a while

That might be true for the average coach potato but with regular exercise and water your metabolism should be moving along nicely

okay so i know this question comes up ALLL THE TIME, BUT what are ya'll tips for leaning/keeping strength?! or is it just too opposite for it to happen

Originally Posted by scshift

3 - 4.
tired.gif

Steaks and chicken are good, but make sure they're cooked in a healthy manner. None of that fried stuff, but grilled/baked is good.

I definitely wouldn't call steak "good" for your diet, regardless of how it's prepared. It's nowhere near as lean as some nice grilled chicken breast.

That said, I eat a steak every other week or so but I lust for red meat.

Steak multiple times a week is bad. If you have a fast metabolism and you're doing everything else right a steak a week isn't going to hurt you.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Thank You Based Mod.

Originally Posted by nikestreetdotcom

I don't care about price, I'm just talking about specific brand, I read good things about ON Whey, so that's why I want to copp. 

Get ON for sure and if you have the funds, try the ON Hydrolyzed Whey. An essential stack (regardless of what you're goals are) should consist of:
- Whey Protein

- Multivitamin

- Fish Oils/Omega 3

- BCAA's (Intra-workout)

Alex
Alex whats up kid! I tried to hit you on FB / text you the other day regarding questions, did you change your number?  

What's up my man?  Check your PM.
I think I may be done with Flat BB Bench for a while now.  It seems to be too taxing on my shoulders and I keep re-injuring my left one in particular.  Plus I've been reading that Incline is the way to go for aesthetic purposes.

Alex

Thank You Based Mod.
To piggy-back off what Based Mod said, I would suggest 500-1000 below your maintenance level (depending on your metabolism & body type) while carb cycling to help preserve muscle mass and give your body the energy it needs for working out.  This has worked best for me personally while cutting.
Alex

To piggy-back off what Based Mod said, I would suggest 500-1000 below your maintenance level (depending on your metabolism & body type) while carb cycling to help preserve muscle mass and give your body the energy it needs for working out.  This has worked best for me personally while cutting.
Alex
1000 seems like a LOT, unless youre obese.

Originally Posted by scshift

Id suggest making your own shakes rather than buying the weight gainers supplement companies sell. You can make them pretty much superior in taste and content, as well as cheaper.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Alex

Peoples bodies are different.  While I personally stick around 500-700 below maintenance, others have a much harder time losing weight.  I would just say start at 500 below maintenance and if you're not losing 1-2lbs a week, then move to 800-1000.

Alex

Finally got my finances in order and it's time to finally join a gym this month so I'll be checking in to this thread more for the great info.

Thank You Based Mod.

This. So many make it difficult. Cut calories, lose weight. Don't worry to much about fat, etc.

JUST CUT THE DAMN CALORIES
laugh.gif

eek.gif
how are you averaging 2,000 calories from eating three/four times a day?

i eat 7/8 times a day & i'm barely hitting 2,000 calories or i'm right below it.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ireminisce

eek.gif

i eat 7/8 times a day & i'm barely hitting 2,000 calories or i'm right below it.

30t6p3b.gif
Oh you skinny people and your problems 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

Originally Posted by ireminisce

eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Oh you skinny people and your problems 
nerd.gif

Lol word, eating 7/8 times and under 2,000 cals? Watchu eating man? Tuna every meal?!?

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Alex

Peoples bodies are different.  While I personally stick around 500-700 below maintenance, others have a much harder time losing weight.  I would just say start at 500 below maintenance and if you're not losing 1-2lbs a week, then move to 800-1000.

Alex

Makes more sense when its phrased that way. Although Id say add more cardio or whatever before dropping all the way down to a 1000 cal deficit, doesnt seem healthy to me or like a good way to maintain muscle mass if somebody chooses to move to a 1000 cal deficit without first doing some sort of walking, running etc daily.

And having a hard time eating 2000 calories a day? How? I can eat damn near 1000 calorie sandwiches with just a little mustard as dressing. The majority of the cals coming from cheese, meat and the bread.

Back
Top Bottom