Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

^ Yeah could just be how your calves are. I know mine are average looking. I work mine alot and they can't compare to some dudes I see at the gym.

As long as I keep gaining strength in my lower legs, Im cool.

Originally Posted by Caerus

^ Gotta cut your bf down. Also it could be genetics.
Thats my problem, all my fam has muscular calves and I had it since I was young, I dont want to work out my calves.
But when I do squats and other leg stuff, its hurts.
frown.gif

Maybe Im not stretching it enough.

someone recommend me a creatine ethyl ester. last time around i tried "neovar" by Applied Nutriceuticals. noticed some nice strength gains and great size gains. size gains were not in my head, don't care what anyone says. my arms absolutely blew up. i want to try something different though because i have heard great things about "green mag" and "con-cret" anyone have experience with either?

i'm 5'9", 180, looking to add muscle/maintain...a little water weight won't kill me but that's why i don't mess with monohydrate, hate looking bloated. plus it messes with my stomach. let me know if anyone can school me on some creatine. good looks

Yeah from what I hear calves are mostly genetic, so it sucks for us who aren't born with great calf genes. I'll keep working them out and hopefully get some results this summer.

^ I've been using Xtend. I really like Omega Sports, i've used Ultima so I will try Strive next.

I don't feel any effect from using Xtend. I don't feel more recovered than usual after sets or less tired or anything along those lines.

Some days I switch it up and use just water and honestly I can tell no difference.

It's all in the mindstate you enter the gym with.

I had my body fat % calculated this morning, it was 14%....
tired.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

Any tips on how to get down to 10% and below.  I think I've exhausted all my knowledge, and now I'm reaching out to the community for some pointers.  Please Help!

My cardio is good though.  I run, bike, swim, insanity......you name it, I've probably done it for at least one of my cardio days.  That's why I', stumped...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Thats the thing. My bf is pretty low as is. I'd say around 7-8%. I have decent cuts everywhere except the calves.

genetics man
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

My cardio is good though.  I run, bike, swim, insanity......you name it, I've probably done it for at least one of my cardio days.  That's why I', stumped...
frown.gif

all the cardio in the world means nothing if you diet isnt in check.

eat less and you will lose fat. im at 10 right now but gonna have to bulk up
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Thanks Zyzz.  I think I'm going to start by cutting my rice intake.....being Caribbean FTL!

I'll check back with you guys in 6 weeks.

RoC -- when you started becoming serious about exercising were you a lil chubby?My friend probably has the same BF% maybe a little higher and he is becoming impatient with his results.You just have to stay with it man! There is no way around hard work.And also what Zyzz says, keep your diet in check.This is a good speech from Arnold that always keeps me pumped. 

I was doing good(diet wise) up untill easter . Got a basket with sour patch kids, sour starburst jelly beans, and those new enchilida doritos. SMH. 2 weeks worth of work wasted in 4 days lmao.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by three6mafia

I was doing good(diet wise) up untill easter . Got a basket with sour patch kids, sour starburst jelly beans, and those new enchilida doritos. SMH. 2 weeks worth of work wasted in 4 days lmao.
frown.gif

We all mess up bruh, just gotta start over and focus even harder. Dedication is the key

Originally Posted by Caerus

Originally Posted by three6mafia

frown.gif

We all mess up bruh, just gotta start over and focus even harder. Dedication is the key

I hear that. Usually before I start a strict diet I have one last feast then its on. Didn't this time. Been craving some lobster and crab legs. Think I'm gonna indulge this weekend. Then its back to the prize.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Anyone know how to increase calf definition? No matter what I do, they stay the same size. At one point I was doing around 1000 calf raises a night (without weight). I tried doing high reps and low reps with weight and without weight but my calves don't seem to be growing. I dont necessarily want them to be huge, but rather 'athletic' looking. What would you recommend? 
you have to do moderately high weight with a decent amount of reps like 3x a week if they dont grow quickly. at least thats what i remember reading

i used to do 3x15 with 260 2x a week but i guess i have good calf genetics
laugh.gif
that was like 2 years ago i did them the other day for the first time in a while i could only do 180x15
frown.gif

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

I had my body fat % calculated this morning, it was 14%....
tired.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

Any tips on how to get down to 10% and below.  I think I've exhausted all my knowledge, and now I'm reaching out to the community for some pointers.  Please Help!

Bro, Shirley it was that damb ice cream I made you eat this weekend
laugh.gif
Slightly jelly wishing I was at 14% BF
frown.gif

Originally Posted by cs02132

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

Originally Posted by cs02132

what do you guys think the best recovery drink is? not protein though. xtend?

http://www.nutraplanet.co.../strive-40-servings.html
thx. i was looking for something post workout though. i just started up bjj again after a layoff and im gonna be doing 2 classes a day soon and running 3x a week so i need something pwo
Ive been doing bjj for 3 months and have been days were i feel like complete garbage. Any suggestions? Workouts on offtime? What protein do you use for recovery?

Back
Top Bottom