Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Don't eat anything after 8-9 pm %+%.. Water only. Even try last meal around 7 pm. I go to sleep around 1 or 2 AM. Dropping body fat like its nothing. 

Originally Posted by cs02132

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Anyone know how to increase calf definition? No matter what I do, they stay the same size. At one point I was doing around 1000 calf raises a night (without weight). I tried doing high reps and low reps with weight and without weight but my calves don't seem to be growing. I dont necessarily want them to be huge, but rather 'athletic' looking. What would you recommend? 
you have to do moderately high weight with a decent amount of reps like 3x a week if they dont grow quickly. at least thats what i remember reading

i used to do 3x15 with 260 2x a week but i guess i have good calf genetics
laugh.gif
that was like 2 years ago i did them the other day for the first time in a while i could only do 180x15
frown.gif

Good looks bro, Ill try this regimen out with a little less weight. 260 is probably too much for my weak calves
laugh.gif
 Have you tried doing one legged calf raises? The burn is insane 

Anyone coming back from any injuries ? I have a bulging disc and its thrown my whole symmetry of so much i had to chill for a while. How was it easing back in the gym for you ? Still haven't gotten treatment, crappy benefits :'(

^
Dude, my neck is all **#$%@..figure it's going to be chronic so I just do some stretches for my neck/back in the morning and try to keep my blood flowing well.

I still lift regardless of the pain. If it hurts that bad I use it as a rest day.

I need to get it checked as well though.

Damn accidents!

Anyone know how to increase calf definition? No matter what I do, they stay the same size. At one point I was doing around 1000 calf raises a night (without weight). I tried doing high reps and low reps with weight and without weight but my calves don't seem to be growing. I dont necessarily want them to be huge, but rather 'athletic' looking. What would you recommend? 
Gastrocnemius(outer calf muscle) is mostly fast twitch. Train it(standing) with heavier weights and lower reps(8-12). You can play with pauses, tempo changes, different variations(donkey, 1 leg, 2 leg, Olympic lifts and their variants, etc.)
Soleus(inner calf muscle) is mostly slow twitch. Train it seated with lower weights and higher reps(15-20).

Originally Posted by ballin 2k3

parcial tear in my achilles tendon, i was doing great and now im gonna have to get surgery, and im in a full leg cast for 1-2 months, feels bad man

really wanted to see abs this august, sigh...
Abs are controlled by diet. Be strict with a low carb, paleo-type of diet and there's no reason you can't cut bodyfat

Good info bruhs. Anyone in here try the perfect push up? Think it's worth $40? I was never great at push ups but since it's one of the fundamental exercises I'm thinking of giving this a shot.

p90x weight training monday wed friday
insanity cardio tues thurs sat.

sunday i play ball along with another weekday. and then go max some flame food sunday nights

I just gathered some tricep pain, it is a little tender. I can move it a lot and fully function, just slightly weak. I was actually doing a shoulder press exercise and i couldnt do a last rep. I had a very hard tricep workout the day before.

Any tips on what to do and how long I am out for?

bout to get back on it on monday or tomorrow, coming off a 2 week break....leg injury...

well rested...

letssssss go

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Gastrocnemius(outer calf muscle) is mostly fast twitch. Train it(standing) with heavier weights and lower reps(8-12). You can play with pauses, tempo changes, different variations(donkey, 1 leg, 2 leg, Olympic lifts and their variants, etc.)
Soleus(inner calf muscle) is mostly slow twitch. Train it seated with lower weights and higher reps(15-20).
Work out both muscles on the same day, or on different days?
nerd.gif

Good info bruhs. Anyone in here try the perfect push up? Think it's worth $40? I was never great at push ups but since it's one of the fundamental exercises I'm thinking of giving this a shot.

yeah there def worth the money, but if you should try to get regular push ups down pat before you try these, it might be a bit harder

but they do work, great compound muscle exercise

Don't waste your money. You're better off with real gymnastic rings. They can be used for so much more and are the ultimate upper body strength apparatus, in my opinion. Stick with a quality brand(Rogue Fitness, Gymnastic Bodies, Elite Rings) and you'll be set forever.
Just got a set of stall bars and couldn't be happier with the purchase. Extremely versatile piece of equipment. It's a shame most gyms in the USA don't have them. If you go abroad, they're always there and rarely used...except by gymnasts.

Alright its gotten so bad I have to post.

I've been lifting for the past 2 years. Done proper research, acceptable diet, proper supplementation.. and Im still lifting and looking the same as I was in 09.
Heres the stats:

I'm 6'3 and a skinny 195. Dont feel like I add mass anywhere from my workouts and diets. I also have always had a little lower ab fat, even when I was 6'3 165 in high school. (Im a junior in college now)

Diet:
I try to avoid eating bad and keep track of my daily calories/macronutrients as well. I try to get 3K to 4K depending on time of year. I supplement with vitamins, a preworkout and of course whey.

WOrkouts:
I have usually had a 5 day split the last 2 years while either doing FST-7. I also did 5/3/1 for about 3 months and am currently on a 5x5 plan. But regardless of what I'm doing I am making little to NO improvements in all my lifts. I could take off months, come back, and plateau again a few weeks.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME BREAK THROUGH THIS BODY PLATEAU??!??! Any help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by R23J

I've been lifting for the past 2 years. Done proper research, acceptable diet, proper supplementation.. and Im still lifting and looking the same as I was in 09.
Heres the stats:

I'm 6'3 and a skinny 195. Dont feel like I add mass anywhere from my workouts and diets. I also have always had a little lower ab fat, even when I was 6'3 165 in high school. (Im a junior in college now)

Diet:
I try to avoid eating bad and keep track of my daily calories/macronutrients as well. I try to get 3K to 4K depending on time of year. I supplement with vitamins, a preworkout and of course whey.

WOrkouts:
I have usually had a 5 day split the last 2 years while either doing FST-7. I also did 5/3/1 for about 3 months and am currently on a 5x5 plan. But regardless of what I'm doing I am making little to NO improvements in all my lifts. I could take off months, come back, and plateau again a few weeks.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME BREAK THROUGH THIS BODY PLATEAU??!??! Any help is appreciated.

Are you hitting your macros? What does your diet consist of specifically?
It would also help if you posted your workout schedule and what you do for each day/body part. Also are you doing cardio while trying to add mass?

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

Originally Posted by R23J

Heres the stats:

Diet:

WOrkouts:

Are you hitting your macros? What does your diet consist of specifically?
It would also help if you posted your workout schedule and what you do for each day/body part. Also are you doing cardio while trying to add mass?

I go Chest Back Shoulders Arms Legs.  Usually throw in 1 off day, 2 occasionally because recovery inst a problem as long as I have the off day between legs and back ( I dead lift on back day)

Im usually in the 180-200g protein range and 90-120 fat.  My carbs are really eratic so no real range there.
Everyday's breakfest:
2 small frozen waffles
3-4 Ballad Farms sausage links (lower fat and sodium then most)
2 eggs, 1-2 egg whites
OJ

Then 2 scoops Optimum with milk after workout. Sometimes i get a smaller meal before dinner, then dinner i usually go with chicken, shrimp or steak with rice or other veggies. Sometimes pasta.  And my nightly snack of a PBJ and 16 oz milk.  I also throw in 2 bananas and 2 apples throughout each day. 

I take White Flood preworkout and I also take fishoil and mulitvitiamins. Im thinkin of buying some Aminos or maybe a "growth hormone booster" like from Universal Anyone try the Universal Stak?Im 21 btw.

Any help?

Culking progress... or as I like to call it, natural body recomposition.
They told me I couldn't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. They were right for the most part. I have been SLOWLY progressing.

what do you estimate my bf% at??

Spoiler [+]

^ I would say under 10%. Prolly 7-8%

Big week. Trying to life everyday & Cardio everyday. Just feeling good

my life story:
-moved to ny for a few months last summer
-came back home weighing 234 (the most i ever weighed) and i actually looked fat to the point where people commented on it
-got back down to like 225 which i had been at for what seemed like forever and looked like my normal self again
-the past 3 months i've been trying to eat healthy/workout regularly. i'm down to 204.2 this morning, but i still feel like i look the exact same as when i weighed 225.
-losing weight is great and all i guess, but what can i do to actually look smaller? i'm 6'2 and i wanted to try to get down to 194 as my initial goal so my bmi would be in the normal range, but at this rate, i feel like i need to get down to 170 or something so i can actually look thin.

i never really worked out in high school or college so i'm still pretty weak compared to some of my peers and i pretty much do p90x in the morning and then go play basketball in the evening. i probably should have calculated my body fat percentage when i first started working out, but i never did and haven't done it right now either, because i don't know how....but why do i still look the same even 20 pounds lighter? i feel like that should be enough where i should see a difference.

Started HIIT yesterday. Thighs are sore.. Something that doesn't happen when I run steady for 40 minutes. Looks like I found my new work out
pimp.gif

Does anyone else skip numbers or get confused when counting?
Someone was working with me today and I realized I do that a lot 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Does anyone else skip numbers or get confused when counting?
Someone was working with me today and I realized I do that a lot 
laugh.gif

i get paranoid doing this, so each rep that is supposed to go to 10 gets 12-13, if its bigger numbers like for crunches i go up an extra 10-15 

Back
Top Bottom