Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

just finished juicing for 10 days..that was brutal 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Does anyone else skip numbers or get confused when counting?
Someone was working with me today and I realized I do that a lot 
laugh.gif

i get paranoid doing this, so each rep that is supposed to go to 10 gets 12-13, if its bigger numbers like for crunches i go up an extra 10-15 

forget the numbers, push yourself to your capacity and then a bit more... doing sets of "10-12" can limit you because once youve reach 12 your mind thinks its over.

Nothin like forcing yourself to work out on days you absolutely loathe even the thought of going to the gym. Those are the days that matter and having the discipline to push through it is extremely rewarding after the fact.

Originally Posted by TraPpStar

Nothin like forcing yourself to work out on days you absolutely loathe even the thought of going to the gym. Those are the days that matter and having the discipline to push through it is extremely rewarding after the fact.

thats me right now, even though i live 5 mins walking from the gym...
but just gotta suck todays **** and get it over with

started biking around in ATX, hitting legs super hard, and running 2 miles 3-4x a week.

i see major changes, specially in my vertical! went from barely touching the rim with my middle finger, to now easily getting up there.

feelsgoodman.gif

I wanna know the same ^^^

I've heard about a lot of people doing it but it just seems... Not hard but in accurate. Like how many calories are in a hamburger you prepared at home. Or what If you don't measure foods in cups as they're listed on the nutrition label... I really wanna do this but I guess I'm looking for a really easy way to do it. Enlighten me, NT bretheren if there is an easy way..

Smh. Ever since easter I haven't been doin @*#+!
sick.gif

My diets not bad though, don't really eat red meats or junk food so I guess its not that bad.
Weighed myself the other day at work. 184 smh. I was 160s when I graduated back in 06. Need to get back to that range.

I was doing pretty good the 2 weeks before easter. Solid cardio routine. Mild weights. Strict diet. Then easter it. Got a basket full of candy. Smashed on some sour patch kids and that was all she wrote. Man,I wish I had some one to motivate me. Just to be like "yo, get your lazy *@@ up and do something!" Lol. I hate the gym scene. I have all the "work out machines" out in the pool house, I just don't go out there lol. Tread mill, gazelle(yeah yeah, laugh, I lost 50lbs on that thing back in 02), bench, bowflex.
No one to blame but myself.

Anyone ever try that warrior diet?? Been reading about it. Sounds crazy.
I'm pretty much desperate to drop 20 lbs by 4th of july(that's when I get off probation.. I'm a pot head. Figured id be ultra active these last few months since I can't smoke, I've been just as lazy). SMH

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Smh. Ever since easter I haven't been doin @*#+!
sick.gif

My diets not bad though, don't really eat red meats or junk food so I guess its not that bad.
Weighed myself the other day at work. 184 smh. I was 160s when I graduated back in 06. Need to get back to that range.

I was doing pretty good the 2 weeks before easter. Solid cardio routine. Mild weights. Strict diet. Then easter it. Got a basket full of candy. Smashed on some sour patch kids and that was all she wrote. Man,I wish I had some one to motivate me. Just to be like "yo, get your lazy *@@ up and do something!" Lol. I hate the gym scene. I have all the "work out machines" out in the pool house, I just don't go out there lol. Tread mill, gazelle(yeah yeah, laugh, I lost 50lbs on that thing back in 02), bench, bowflex.
No one to blame but myself.

Anyone ever try that warrior diet?? Been reading about it. Sounds crazy.
I'm pretty much desperate to drop 20 lbs by 4th of july(that's when I get off probation.. I'm a pot head. Figured id be ultra active these last few months since I can't smoke, I've been just as lazy). SMH
Tried it and wouldn't recommend the warrior diet. I'm not against Fasting, but I'd rather see an approach that allows food quality to be high, like LeanGains, Fast Five, etc. Essentially, water fasting for 16-18 hours per day. Either way, you won't lose body fat without eating high quality foods most of the time.

Originally Posted by Navarretr

I've heard about a lot of people doing it but it just seems... Not hard but in accurate. Like how many calories are in a hamburger you prepared at home. Or what If you don't measure foods in cups as they're listed on the nutrition label... I really wanna do this but I guess I'm looking for a really easy way to do it. Enlighten me, NT bretheren if there is an easy way..
Yea counting calories, protein, carbs, and fat is very important. Most of the time you just have to use your own reasoning to estimate if the label says something like "per cup." You don't necessarily have to know the exact amount, but it's important to have an idea of what your taking in everyday.

checking in:

stopped eating meat (although fish sometimes is a go)  started working out at the same time about a month ago. Not bad so far....

I did my cardio workout this morning (4AM, elliptical for 30 min.) and totally forgot that i have my leg workout today. Even though my cardio was light and i do not workout until 6 or 7pm, should i still change my routine up for the week or still go with the leg workout since its later on in the PM?

embarassed.gif
MeloManFan wrote:

Originally Posted by Navarretr

Yea counting calories, protein, carbs, and fat is very important. Most of the time you just have to use your own reasoning to estimate if the label says something like "per cup." You don't necessarily have to know the exact amount, but it's important to have an idea of what your taking in everyday.

In my opinion, the BEST way to do it is you learn the caloric content and make a list of all the stuff that you eat most often (top 7 meals, and top 7 snack foods).  That way it just becomes second nature.  

My simple goal is to exercise 5 days a week.  I hit the gym with weights Monday, and Wednesday.  I play tennis and soccer on Tuesdays, and basketball on Thursday.  Friday, Saturday and Sunday is usually just walking around and maybe trying to teach my gf how to play tennis or something equally not calorie demanding. 
ohwell.gif

I unfortunately have the type of body where my limbs are in shape and skinny but my stomach still looks all flabby and big.  I'll have to get in extremely good shape to get rid of it.  I am trying to eat less than 2,000 calories a day and am trying to not eat white sugar (white rice, regular pasta, regular tortillas, etc).  I can eat meat, vegetables, fruits, and wheat versions (wheat tortillas, wheat pasta wheat bread) and it seems to have made a huge difference in my life.  I know I'm moving slowly because I usually cheat a bit on Fri-Sun since the gf is around (ice cream, pizza, etc).  

Off tangent a bit I guess 
tongue.gif
 but back on point...just try to keep it under a certain amount.  For me, it is simple.  I eat something light (under 500 calories in the late morning) and then I eat about 1500 calories between 6 pm - 9 pm and go to bed around 1 am.  A lot of research has shown it is more important to eat under a certain amount of calories, as opposed to healthy snacking and eating over to get in shape and lose weight.  

Finally got my neck checked out. Got some misaligned vertebras in my neck which is causing a few other problems but the dude told me we will become friends and I will be back to normal in a few months.

Thank God.

I've started working out again on new equiptment that I got. While I'm working out I feel my arms burning and stuff but the next day my arms are never sore. Does that mean that I am not doing enough or that it's not working?

^ I don't get sore all the time either. Could just mean you are recovering well (sleeping well, eating good).

But if you are unsure, it wouldn't hurt to put some extra umph in it.

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

I've started working out again on new equiptment that I got. While I'm working out I feel my arms burning and stuff but the next day my arms are never sore. Does that mean that I am not doing enough or that it's not working?

Theres no correlation to soreness and exercise intensity.  Soreness is different for everyone. 

Having the hardest time losing the "bottom of the belly" fat. Eating right and working out 4-5 times a week and still wont lose that pudge

Back
Top Bottom