Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

I need a little more structure in my workouts...I end up just doing random machines/lifts. I'm getting results, lost 12 lbs in 2 months, but now I want to bulk/define my arms/delts. Can anyone recommend some nice routines?

barbell and dumbbells man. dumb bells are great for stabilizing muscles and gains. compound movement with barbells and dumb bells are better than machines. some machines are good for isolations if you are targeting a smaller muscle group.  

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

I usually do not work out on my abs, maybe just once every 3 weeks.

But now I heard, if you got a good core and good abs, it will be easier to bulk your chest and shoulders, and bis etc.

Is that true? After you got good abs, does growing your muscles for chest and shoulders etc get easier when lifting?

not 100% true. somewhat true i guess. in my opinion that is. a good core will always benefit you in almost all lifts. you use your core to stabilize your body in lifts. so definitely a plus.

i've been losing weight for the past couple months, but i seem to have plateaued. i can't manage to get rid of the fat around my abs and butt
laugh.gif
. any suggestions on what I can do? i am certain i am burning more calories than i consume, so i'm not sure why i stopped seeing results. thanks in advance

Need a pre workout. I've been hop to Jack3d but never tried it. My uncle says N.O. explode is better. Which should I roll with

Originally Posted by backyardrsx

im using muscle pharm assualt for my pre workout. works pretty good and no crash afterwords

heard good things about this. What flavor you drinking right now fambs? lookin at the lemonade one. is it chalky or the water is still clear when mixed?

2LipsLegit wrote:

Originally Posted by John Mayer

Any good ways to remain in a cutting regiment while training to build speed and stamina when running. I don't want to sacrifice my weight regiment bc im finally gettn awesome gains in regards to muscle.

The main reason I ask is bc I am doing the Spartan race in june and the Warrior Dash in July.

I did a regular 5 last week and completing it in 39 min made me quite upset.

So any lifters train for speed and stamina too????

Thanks NTfamb
Im assuming youre talking 5k not miles? Run more, its probably your mental discipline that isnt there. I weigh 195 atm and ran a 5k in 23 minutes this week after not having run for over 6 months. Running is hard in a different way than lifting is. Its pain, for a long time. Thats what you need to get used to, and get over, to run faster.

Thanks for the motivation fambs.  
I guess i need a more structured method though.  I know the pain. a couple of years ago i would completely stop if i cramped in my calf or just got too winded.  I'm at the point I can run through the pain.
I remember seeing people posting a workout where u gradually build up ur running, was it the navy seals test?

pre: Gaspari Superpump max or Scivation Novem, once in a while I'l' throw in a tspn of glutamine but i keep hearing it has no effect

intra: Scivation xtend for da BCAA

post Whey protein (I like Gaspari myofusion, Dymatize iso-100, and MGN pure whey iso is good too); waxymaize (carbslam); creatine mono; sometimes tspn of glutamine

Originally Posted by djkaos23

Need a pre workout. I've been hop to Jack3d but never tried it. My uncle says N.O. explode is better. Which should I roll with

I tried BSN Creature a few weeks back on a sample... tasted like OG gatorade, I dug it.
I've been reading a LOT of good stuff on white flood.

Originally Posted by dyzzle

im using muscle pharm assualt for my pre workout. works pretty good and no crash afterwords

heard good things about this. What flavor you drinking right now fambs? lookin at the lemonade one. is it chalky or the water is still clear when mixed?
recently switched from jack3d to assault, im liking assault a lot.
i always felt awful and crashed with jack3d. with assault i havent had any problems yet.

also assault taste 100 times better than jack3d..... raspberry is  
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by maicolkickhead

Originally Posted by dyzzle

recently switched from jack3d to assault, im liking assault a lot.
i always felt awful and crashed with jack3d. with assault i havent had any problems yet.

also assault taste 100 times better than jack3d..... raspberry is  
smokin.gif
i'm on jack3d right now. will finish this last one then move to either assault or white flood.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Make sure that peanut butter is natural and not that processed skippy crap. If you can, try and add some fish, spinach (raw is the best), and some fruit like grapes, mangoes, berries etc.
Aight, I'll see what Walmart has tomorrow or Friday.
Dude, if you have a trader joes near you or a fresh and easy, pick up their all natural almond butter, it's awsome
smokin.gif

The unsalted trader joes almond butter though
eek.gif

bros how do you deal with the ocasional social outting???....i know straight liquor >>> mixed drinks, but what about beer??...

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Make sure that peanut butter is natural and not that processed skippy crap. If you can, try and add some fish, spinach (raw is the best), and some fruit like grapes, mangoes, berries etc.
Aight, I'll see what Walmart has tomorrow or Friday.
Dude, if you have a trader joes near you or a fresh and easy, pick up their all natural almond butter, it's awsome
smokin.gif

The unsalted trader joes almond butter though
eek.gif
Thanks for the info.
I'll check that store out since there's one about 15min. away from me.
I've never step foot in that store.

Originally Posted by il prescelto

i've been losing weight for the past couple months, but i seem to have plateaued. i can't manage to get rid of the fat around my abs and butt
laugh.gif
. any suggestions on what I can do? i am certain i am burning more calories than i consume, so i'm not sure why i stopped seeing results. thanks in advance

Only thing I can say is, if you've hit a plateau and want to get back onto that loss-horse then switch up your workout. More intensity/resistance or switch up the routine.
I've got a big +*+, I think it's an un-gift i've inherited
laugh.gif
but it's toned up and firmed a LOT since I started hitting the gym. Adios flabass hello firm glutes
smokin.gif

Squats, curls... the standard lower body machines should help. It's what I do.

I want to start deadlifting, but I have what I feel is a weak core...advice?

Originally Posted by ksteezy

bros how do you deal with the ocasional social outting???....i know straight liquor >>> mixed drinks, but what about beer??...
Gin & Tonics for me all night.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Somebody school me on BCAAs and the best online site to just get ON Whey. My guy keeps lagging on me and I feel like I'm wasting these workouts if I don't have my post-workout shake 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Gin & Tonics for me all night.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Somebody school me on BCAAs and the best online site to just get ON Whey. My guy keeps lagging on me and I feel like I'm wasting these workouts if I don't have my post-workout shake 
mad.gif

If you are going to get ON Whey, then no need to get BCAA by itself. ON has BCAA in it. BCAA are amino acids that help build muscle and recovery Getting a BCAA supplement is iffy to me, some people say its just a waste while some give praises to it. All your macros are met by eating right anyways so I don't think its a staple supplement such as whey protein. I usually check slickdeals for ON deals. Haven't been any recently(this year).. a good deal for ON is usually 30-33$ per 5lb tub.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by il prescelto

laugh.gif

Only thing I can say is, if you've hit a plateau and want to get back onto that loss-horse then switch up your workout. More intensity/resistance or switch up the routine.
I've got a big +*+, I think it's an un-gift i've inherited
laugh.gif
but it's toned up and firmed a LOT since I started hitting the gym. Adios flabass hello firm glutes
smokin.gif

Squats, curls... the standard lower body machines should help. It's what I do.

I want to start deadlifting, but I have what I feel is a weak core...advice?
When I started I felt I had a weak core too. ( I still do) But the best way is to start off small. Put 25s on the bar and work up. Get your legs and lower back used to the motions. It might not feel like a lot of weight but the point is to build proper form. If you eff up a deadlift you can eff up your whole body.

Back
Top Bottom