Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

Originally Posted by pricankid9

Runner's knee is really starting to creep up on me. Any suggestions?

I know about rest, ice and advil but what about leg strength?
how old are your  running shoes? & whats you frequncy of jogging?

Maybe 2 months old.  I was running three times a week between 2 and 5 miles a day. 
I kinda want to try a minimal type of running shoes.

Originally Posted by jumpman91023

Quick question, I'm lookin to play college basketball next semester and I'm 6 ft 175 and was looking for workouts that would add strength, I wanna be 195-200 but I don't want to lose my agility. Thanks to anyone that can answer this in advance. And I'm thinkin about getting the men's health workout app.

Same here. Where are you looking at playing?

f832557eb853b54d3ffffcafb1faa7324a49514.jpg

http://rbgsocialclub.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/2012-rbg-fit-club-health-pledge1.jpg
full size image

*I am in no way associated with this fit club, or know anyone that is. I just thought someone might want to print it out or wallpaper it*

Runner's knee is really starting to creep up on me. Any suggestions?

I know about rest, ice and advil but what about leg strength?

Maybe 2 months old.  I was running three times a week between 2 and 5 miles a day. 
my feet wont appreciate over a mile in some nike free's if your body can handle then fine. i don't think you should run for a week or two, then you can try running in a pool or on sand/ soft surface till you're ready to return to your regular routine

the internet is good and bad for looking up information. Too many sites say one thing, while others say something else.

I need to know the most accurate answer on this situation...

I am trying to lose weight. I have been eating healthier and less calories than before BUT Ive also been excercising (cardio) 5-6 times a week.

I feel like im eating enough because im not getting really hungry but some people have told me the reason my weight loss after the first week has become stagnant is because with the exercise im not taking in enough calories and my body is storing it, instead of losing weight.

If my calories goal is around 1600 calories, and I burn around 250 a day, should I be eating those 250 calories back? And, should I be eating more in general?

I just wanna lose this damn fat!

Im trying to shape up and drop some fat.  I've been running and stuff, getting some good workouts in, but I also enjoy having a few beers on a weekly basis.  Is drinking a few light beers working AGAINST my workout goals?

Originally Posted by solarius49

Im trying to shape up and drop some fat.  I've been running and stuff, getting some good workouts in, but I also enjoy having a few beers on a weekly basis.  Is drinking a few light beers working AGAINST my workout goals?

truthfully, consuming any alcohol is working against your workout goals but alcohol is like anything else; consume it in moderation. if you're really about that fitness life, cut it out completely. I consider it alot the lines of a cheat meal.  My biggest issue with drinking is that it leads me to make bad food choices (late night fast food and whatnot).

my feet wont appreciate over a mile in some nike free's if your body can handle then fine. i don't think you should run for a week or two, then you can try running in a pool or on sand/ soft surface till you're ready to return to your regular routine
that's what I think I'm gonna do. I've switched up my running style from heel toe to pose so that might have something to do with it. I just don't want my mile time to suffer either tho. The elliptical and the bike are about to become my best friends.

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

truthfully, consuming any alcohol is working against your workout goals but alcohol is like anything else; consume it in moderation. if you're really about that fitness life, cut it out completely. I consider it alot the lines of a cheat meal.  My biggest issue with drinking is that it leads me to make bad food choices (late night fast food and whatnot).
This but the other night when I was drunk instead of eating taco bell or mcdonalds, I cooked a chicken breast and ate it with some cottage cheese
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by manamazing55

the internet is good and bad for looking up information. Too many sites say one thing, while others say something else.

I am trying to lose weight. I have been eating healthier and less calories than before BUT Ive also been excercising (cardio) 5-6 times a week.

I feel like im eating enough because im not getting really hungry but some people have told me the reason my weight loss after the first week has become stagnant is because with the exercise im not taking in enough calories and my body is storing it, instead of losing weight.

If my calories goal is around 1600 calories, and I burn around 250 a day, should I be eating those 250 calories back? And, should I be eating more in general?

I don't know a for sure answer for your situation, but I am in a similar one. I'm doing the same thing as you, cutting calories and adding carido to drop weight. Some days I replace burned caliores and some I don't, but I think I replace more days than not, and I've dropped 4 pounds in 2 weeks. I don't know if that will help you..

wait what?
laugh.gif
your body is storing the calories? wth???

eat less calories and clean calories at that and you will lose weight. add in cardio and its a fact you will lose weight.

Originally Posted by Solerunner

I need to work on not taking long rest between my sets.

Are you out of shape?

I know that the better shape I am in, the less rest I need between sets.  When I am out of shape, I feel like I need like 5 minutes between sets.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by syxth element

Originally Posted by mdwst9

hey guys whats the best supplement for recovery without any side effects?
Good nutrition & 8 hrs of sleep is the best recovery. Don't rely too much on supplements since most don't work.
ON is one of the better protein supplements, but it's definitely overpriced IMO. There are a lot of other brands that are just as good which have glutamine & and a similar amino acid profile. I kind of view ON as the "Nike" of protein supplements. Good marketing and great product. But the best? That's subjective.

Yo shiznut, what type of strength program are you running? I just started Wendler 5/3/1. It's not bad so far, but I'm on my first month. Not looking to compete in PL meets, but I just want to get stronger and train for hypertrophy w/ accessory lifts. 

name them. assuming you're talking about ON whey gold standard and you buy them on sale (~$30/5lbs), i don't know of a better value.

Post or PM where you get it for that much, please!

it could happen but it seems unlikely, i believe thats called starvation mode? when your body isnt used to taking in food so when it does get food it holds on to it as long as it can. You gotta eat to get your metabolism back in line if that did happen

whats your height and weight? 1600 calories is really low for anybody. Find a calculator online to see what you need to eat daily then subtract 500 from that (more if you want more loss- 2 lbs a week is recommended though). Go to the bb.com forums and look in the nutrition section there is a sticky with all the info you need on how many cals and macros you need.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by syxth element

Good nutrition & 8 hrs of sleep is the best recovery. Don't rely too much on supplements since most don't work.
ON is one of the better protein supplements, but it's definitely overpriced IMO. There are a lot of other brands that are just as good which have glutamine & and a similar amino acid profile. I kind of view ON as the "Nike" of protein supplements. Good marketing and great product. But the best? That's subjective.

Yo shiznut, what type of strength program are you running? I just started Wendler 5/3/1. It's not bad so far, but I'm on my first month. Not looking to compete in PL meets, but I just want to get stronger and train for hypertrophy w/ accessory lifts. 

name them. assuming you're talking about ON whey gold standard and you buy them on sale (~$30/5lbs), i don't know of a better value.

Post or PM where you get it for that much, please!

PM me too! where the heck are you finding 5lb for $30? even though its not amazing taste thats hell of a deal

I'm on almost the same journey as this guy I just found on BB, he's my new inspiration.

http://forum.bodybuilding...p?t=143725923&page=1
Originally Posted by cs02132

it could happen but it seems unlikely, i believe thats called starvation mode? when your body isnt used to taking in food so when it does get food it holds on to it as long as it can. You gotta eat to get your metabolism back in line if that did happen

whats your height and weight? 1600 calories is really low for anybody. Find a calculator online to see what you need to eat daily then subtract 500 from that (more if you want more loss- 2 lbs a week is recommended though). Go to the bb.com forums and look in the nutrition section there is a sticky with all the info you need on how many cals and macros you need. 
I tried to read it myself, but it's complicated. Can anyone dumb it down for me? 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by cs02132

5-10
231 lbs

ohwell.gif

Switch to organic foods.Like I said a few pages ago, friend of mine switched to organic. Dropped 40 lbs in 2 months not doing anything. And he was drinking like every other day. he's a big guy too, was into lifting for YEARS. He's above 6 foot. Round 180lbs. That gmo crap is horrible and almost everything we eat is genticly modified.

i been going to the gym and working out for about 2 month..lost about 22 pounds but its like impossible to lose this belly fat..i have gotten stronger and have more endurance..guess i just gota keep going

Manamazing at that weight 1600 calories is way to low. I'd start you at 3000 a day. Stay there until you lose less then a lb over a 7 day period. Once that happens cut back to 2800 and repeat. You don't wanna lose much more then 2 lbs a week you'll sacrifice to much muscle which is counterproductive. Do a simple push/pull split m-w-f and cardio t-t-s taking Sunday off you'll do fine.

So a few days ago I tried to press 30 lbs dumbbells and just ran flat out of gas. I was bewildered as to why it was happening. Did I not get enough sleep? Was it my lunch? Was it the 2 cigarettes I smoked earlier in there day? I recently started going back to the gym, and used to bench 55lbs with ease, now I'm struggling with 30lbs. I felt mad lame. Either way, i plan to kick smoking soon.

Originally Posted by alhubley

Manamazing at that weight 1600 calories is way to low. I'd start you at 3000 a day. Stay there until you lose less then a lb over a 7 day period. Once that happens cut back to 2800 and repeat. You don't wanna lose much more then 2 lbs a week you'll sacrifice to much muscle which is counterproductive. Do a simple push/pull split m-w-f and cardio t-t-s taking Sunday off you'll do fine.

truthfully, I dont know how to eat that many calories healthily.

Im doing good right now, but I dont really know what foods I could add to get MORE calories.

Ive always heard, eat less, excercise more........which is what im doing, it just doesnt seem to be working

^ Don't let that get you down, dude. 
If you are just getting back into the swing of things, you're going to be weaker...but if you stick with it...you'll get your mojo back in no time.

Back
Top Bottom