Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by gberdin

is it a good idea to replace a full meal with cottage cheese and fruit?
What do you think. Seriously. No it is NOT a good idea. If you have access to food, why would you eat a snack?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

What do you think. Seriously. No it is NOT a good idea. If you have access to food, why would you eat a snack?

sorry 

unless you're breaking down your meals to 5-6 a day, I don't think that can count as a full meal replacement.

Oh yeah, for anyone trying to look like Ryan Reynolds while he was doing Blade trinity:

http://www.sixpacknow.com/ryan_reynolds_workout.html

It'll basically reinforce many of the things said on this forum (drink lots of water, split your meals up, watch your portions, etc.) but there's also great physical evidence in there as well. As for the carb thing, I wouldn't follow that too closely if you're trying to cut off more fat. He said he ate a lot of carbs as well but he was also kind of wiry-looking.

Is it just me or does anyone favor DUMBBELL bench presses rather than Barbell bench presses? It feels better for me to do it with dumbbells than I do with barbells. Are there any disadvantages to that?

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Down to 153 lbs.... was 180 in late October...
pimp.gif

Good job man. If I could only get to 180.
smh.gif
20 more pounds.

If I could only get to 200....20 more pounds. lol...

I've loved my progress. In my senior year of college I did nothing but eat, study and try to graduate.

End result of all of that I shot up to around 245 and I felt nothing like myself...Working my way back down and I'm hanging around 218. This thread has help inform me and motivate me alot...I appreciate it.

All you guys stuck on your bench press, I feel your pain. Last year my bench jumped 15 pounds after taking a 2-week vacation. After that, my bench stayed the same for 6 months before I was able to jump another 20 pounds by the end of the summer. Since September, I've not been able to make ANY gains at all in my bench press despite getting stronger in every other lift. Since October, my power-clean has improved by 40 pounds, my squat has improved by 25 pounds, my deadlift has improved by 30 pounds, my military press has gone up by 15 pounds...but my bench remains the same
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

hi guys started working out about 2 months ago and lost 5lbs and decreased my body fat% by 2%. had no diet whatsoever. now im starting to eat right with continuous cardio and lifting workouts. my workout is listed below.

15x3 pushups
10x3 bicep curls
10x3 side presses
10x3 front presses
21 (i dont know what its called but its for the biceps)

then i jog and play ball every other day.

any other suggestions? im a newbie at this and im just using 10lb dumbells. btw im 5'8 147 lbs with 17% body fat%  

Today's WOD...

Warmup - 5 sets of stairs (5 floors)
Technical - Bent rows + weighted push-ups
WOD - 200m sprint x 5

Kinda slack

Today I started going back to the gym after 3 months off from when I cut my head open... My benching went down, dont know if it was because I havent exercised in so long or I didnt take me Creatine/Pre-WO... Anyway, hoping to get back to what I was benching before...

I just learned something new about the nutrition label... To figure out what makes up the calorie count is the following

Total Fat= 1g x 9
Carbs= 1g x 4
Protein= 1g x4

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/food-labels.php

A good article for beginners...

Originally Posted by MF Doomer

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by lazybonejone

Bench Press
135 x 10
155 x 10
165 x 6
175 x 6
185 x 4

I am weighing in at about 170lbs, and stand at about 6 feet, but got some monkey arms. Is there a way to get my bench press up? Trying to do 2 plates, but never got over 200.
bumping your post cause im EXACTLY the same, wondering if theres anything that can really improve my bench

There are many ways to improve bench weight. Once I found out your legs contribute to your benching I started working my legs and found that your lower body enhances the ability to push more upper body weight. Then, there's your upper body muscles that are worked indirectly that effect your bench strength like your traps, shoulders, triceps. Those are the main muscles that accommodate bench strength, so I would work on those first and focus on benching secondly.

Once I started deadlifting, I've noticed my bench increased.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

fat burners do work but they dont "burn fat"
ephedra does work, and most fat burners are just metabolic motivaters, which most diets consist of(multiple meals spread out through the day) so some do work some do not.

of course they are not suggested, its not healthy.

So a fat burner works, but it doesnt burn fat????  That automatically means it doesnt work

EC(A) stack works, and it works well.
Im not familiar with that particular product, but if its a fat burner im inclined to say that it too does not work.

ones with ephedra do work. of course it illegal now but you can get it. 

andthey arent magic pills, obviously you cant eat a bigmac and take thepills thinking im losing weight. if matched with a decently low fatdiet/ and extesive cardio, it works wonders.

So, the illegal supplement works.  Its illegal for a reason.  To even recommend or tell someone that a particulat fat burner with a banned substance in it works is just bad advice.

A proper diet with resistance and aerobic training will work wonders as well.  It can be done without a marketed product or illegal substance.

If someone eats a container of ice cream and a mint, its not the mint at the end that made him/her sick. 

wow.... ok, you must have not read it right. fat burners dont burn fat, but what they do to your body it will eventually lead to it. They speed up your metabolism and with a sped up metabolism foods are broken down faster and your body turn to its fat for energy. so in terms the right "fat burning" pills do work. or do you still think its bs. The pill is suppose to do more then just speed up your metabolism. most contain caffeine(speeds up heart rate but gives you energy) and other drugs to keep from being hungry. 
did i say i recommend it? no i actually dont suggest it but overweight people or people who want to lose weight dont really give a crap about it being legal or not. many products in the past did contain ephedra so its not like super dangerous. 

and of course people can just diet and excercise, everyone knows that works but its keeping to that diet is the hard part. diet is 80% of the battle. and diets are there to make your body eat less w/e(fat, carbs, calories) but to keep your metabolism chuggin. eat less but more times a day. 3-4 meals with small snacks. 

lol @ underground wellness

good info, but of course they gotta use cheap scare tactics.

i don't know any brands that have msg in them except cytosports muscle milk RTD line. other than that it's not an issue.

A few things...

All you guys stuck on your bench press, I feel your pain. Last year mybench jumped 15 pounds after taking a 2-week vacation. After that, mybench stayed the same for 6 months before I was able to jump another 20pounds by the end of the summer. Since September, I've not been able tomake ANY gains at all in my bench press despite getting stronger inevery other lift. Since October, my power-clean has improved by 40pounds, my squat has improved by 25 pounds, my deadlift has improved by30 pounds, my military press has gone up by 15 pounds...but my benchremains the same
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
A

I don't mean to hate, but have you just tried telling yourself to do it? We all get plateaus, but I can often go months while making progress. Just need to talk yourself into it.

Oh btw, don't let a supplements legality/illegality determine its worth. There are literally legal steroids.

Yo anyone in here go to a Crossfit Gym?

Ive been going on there website Crossfit.com for the past year and try to do the workouts they post.
They recently opened a Crossfit gym locally and I want to know how it's working out for people who are members?

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Oh btw, don't let a supplements legality/illegality determine its worth. There are literally legal steroids.

In what ways do these specific supplements have in comparison with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids?

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

In what ways do these specific supplements have in comparison with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids?
there are many legal steroids sold over the counter or that were until they were banned

look at methadrol/superdrol/m-drol/s-drol, halodrol/h-drol, bold/eq-plex, p-mag, epistane/e-stane, tren/x-tren/tren xtreme, pheraplex/p-plex, etc. etc.

NH but are there any of you who were "fat" or "husky" turn that into muscle and a six pack in less than a year? i know team fitness has some miracle stories.

NH but are there any of you who were "fat" or "husky" turn that into muscle and a six pack in less than a year? i know team fitness has some miracle stories.
I wouldnt say i was fat........ But i definitely had a gut, starting on New Years i limited myself to under 2000 calories a day and split up cardio in to morning and night and then weights in the afternoon. As well as keeping up with my basketball and volleyball rec leagues, and I've only lost about 10 pounds (started @210) thus far (in a month) but I pretty much have a flat stomach now with some, some outlines of my abs coming back
pimp.gif

its possible. but depends on how much he/she wants it.
its all about the self commitment. you can lose 100 pounds in a year. and when you lose weight, im sure you gain muscle so if you work at it, its possible

I'm going to change my 5 day split into a 3 day split.  Emphasize more on compound exercises because I heard they give greater gains and results.  Anybody here on that 3 day split plan?

Back
Top Bottom