Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by cguy610

If you retract your shoulder blades, your rotator cuff muscles and traps will create a resting space at the the lower portion of your neck.  (The bar should be very close to C7 in your neck.)

The bar shouldn't actually rest on his neck though.  It should rest between the traps and rotator cuff, like right behind that bone at the top of your shoulder. 

So the next day, you will see red marks on like the back of your traps.  He should not have any red marks on his neck. 
I didnt say it should rest on his neck though.

Gotcha.  I just wanted to make sure he didn't think the bar should rest on his neck, since he's new to squatting and all.   

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

do you guys use the barbell pad for squatting???

some guy was squatting five plates on each side with no barbell pad.. WOW
I use a small hand towel.  A pad makes for too much space between the bar and your skin. 

very informative thread.
Stay Chizzled, my friends.

hqdefault.jpg

Originally Posted by Derek916

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Leg day today.. anyone recommend me good videos on how to learn to do Squats the right way?

Thanks.

legs shoulder width apart or a bit wider
point tows slightly out
look up
drop butt and go to parallel at least or a bit more
go back up

Toes straight forward, not out.
Looking up isnt necessary
Its not drop butt, but hips back and then drop down.

rippetoe says to point out slightly as well as many other sites
looking up isn't but it helps for a straight back
yes hips

Pointing your toes out gives you more balance, but it'll move your knee out of alignment.  The body wasnt desgined to have your toes point away from midline.

Its not that big of a deal, but it is something to keep careful about.

The pad throws off my balance.  Youll learn that its much more comfortable without the pad.

I called someone today for a PT session, a girl answers so I ask if "X" is there.  She says no, youve got the wrong number.  After a second she asked who was calling so I told her and her response is "Oh no, hes not here right now."

Shady, nervous people. 
laugh.gif

What is a good way for me just to get my arms cut???

Ive been lifting for a few months now and I am getting stronger and my arms are getting bigger but not more cut

Advice?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Leg day today.. anyone recommend me good videos on how to learn to do Squats the right way?

Thanks.

point tows slightly out
look up
go back up

Squatting is a natural motion. It doesn't need to be taught. I know this sounds "lol" but it is true. No one needs to be taught how to squat anymore than they need to be taught how to walk. Children are excellent squatters (no pun intended
laugh.gif
).

Most individuals have a problem with squatting because they lack hip mobility/flexibility. Once a person has sufficient hip mobility squatting is not an issue at all.

I'm not mentioning this because you said anything wrong but  because you can prvide all the correct information but the person will still have trouble squatting if the hip mobility isn't there.

I agree. Both squatting and deadlifting are natural movements. If you see a child pick an object up, they will perform it properly rather than just bend their back to pick it up. Same with squatting. People are conditioned to do it the lazy way which is dangerous. That's why you see so many people that pull their backs out while lifting an object. They're just lazy and/or lack flexibility and do the motions wrong.

What are your guys thoughts on EC stacks(Ephedrine+Caffiene)  reading about it on BB and everyone says theyve seen great results...any insight you guys have?

Originally Posted by REALTALKAZ

What are your guys thoughts on EC stacks(Ephedrine+Caffiene)  reading about it on BB and everyone says theyve seen great results...any insight you guys have?
Seriously, just hit the gym hard and eat right.

Why are you going hard on the supps? What are your stats? You peaking?

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

If anybody needs inspiration to lose weight, watch this movie:
filmmaker-stuart-macdonald-interview_a.jpg
good looks on this. peeped it yesterday. that transformation is crazy. lots of good info in there as well.

for someone looking to get back in shape, would you guys recommend just working out hard for a month or so before going on a strict diet?

ive always had a muscular build from years of sports (football mostly)

i havent hit the weights real tough in months, so i have gained a little fat while losing muscle as well.

should i just get back into the routine of working out 5 days a week before i start a more strict diet. i think the onslaught of working out tough and having a strict diet while having school and work would be tough.

not looking to get big or ripped, just back into good physical shape.

Never ever. It was a cardinal sin to use it in HS. 
If you were a football player using one, you were straight &^$$#. 
laugh.gif
 Coaches never allowed it. 

I look forward to seeing that red line on my back after squats now. 

I'd recommend it for beginners though. 

StaXX wrote:

Never ever. It was a cardinal sin to use it in HS. 
If you were a football player using one, you were straight &^$$#. 
laugh.gif
 Coaches never allowed it. 

I look forward to seeing that red line on my back after squats now. 

I'd recommend it for beginners though. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

coaches back in the day would hate that pad. if they seen you squatting with it on you would be doin up downs real soon
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

i know what your trying to stress, but I am not lazy and do what you mentioned above simply asked a question on if anyone has seen results or had thier experiences with it?  Why settle when I can continually seek improvement and effectiveness?

i use the pad or just wrap a towel on the bar right now because im squatting 3x a week.........i get some mean bruising otherwise

normally i dont like it though

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Thanks.

point tows slightly out
look up
go back up

Squatting is a natural motion. It doesn't need to be taught. I know this sounds "lol" but it is true. No one needs to be taught how to squat anymore than they need to be taught how to walk. Children are excellent squatters (no pun intended
laugh.gif
).

Most individuals have a problem with squatting because they lack hip mobility/flexibility. Once a person has sufficient hip mobility squatting is not an issue at all.

I'm not mentioning this because you said anything wrong but  because you can prvide all the correct information but the person will still have trouble squatting if the hip mobility isn't there.

I agree. Both squatting and deadlifting are natural movements. If you see a child pick an object up, they will perform it properly rather than just bend their back to pick it up. Same with squatting. People are conditioned to do it the lazy way which is dangerous. That's why you see so many people that pull their backs out while lifting an object. They're just lazy and/or lack flexibility and do the motions wrong.

...... but no one is a child here.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Thanks.

point tows slightly out
look up
go back up

laugh.gif
).

...... but no one is a child here.

I agree with Durden here.  Let's not act like people regularly put 2-300 pound bars on there back during the course of a normal day.  It never hurts to be more knowledgeable about the lift you are doing. 

i know what your trying to stress, but I am not lazy and do what you mentioned above simply asked a question on if anyone has seen results or had thier experiences with it?  Why settle when I can continually seek improvement and effectiveness?
Okay, what do you hope to get out of eph+caffine? 6 pack?
I am trying to stress something but at the same time in order for everyone to give an educated opinion we need to know more about your situation. Goals, frame, nutrition, etc.

Just because it worked for someone on BB doesn't mean it's good/right/effective for you.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

i use the pad or just wrap a towel on the bar right now because im squatting 3x a week.........i get some mean bruising otherwise

normally i dont like it though

Post some pics man. It's been awhile since we've seen pics from you. Pause. 

Okay, what do you hope to get out of eph+caffine? 6 pack?
I am trying to stress something but at the same time in order for everyone to give an educated opinion we need to know more about your situation. Goals, frame, nutrition, etc.

Just because it worked for someone on BB doesn't mean it's good/right/effective for you.

height 5'8-5'9
weight 172
goals lose 10 more pounds by may
the top four abs are visible while the lower is only starting to show
bench press is at 240 1 rep
squat is at 275 1 rep
now do you have any info on the stack or anyone else?

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Can yall critique this workout regimine for me.  I havent taken the weights seriously since I was in HS playing football, so I'd consider myself almost new, granted I pretty much know what excercise works out what muscle and all the basic jazz.  My problem here is this usually only takes me a good 30-40 mins max to do each day, and I dont really have to push for time to get it down that fast.  That just doesn't seem like its much time to be getting it in.  am I not working out these muscles enough?  is this a good pace for beginning and maybe I add more lifts as I go?

Sunday - OFF

Monday - Legs
Tuesday - Chest
Wednesday - Back
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Arms

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

good looks on this. peeped it yesterday. that transformation is crazy. lots of good info in there as well.
jeff had stewart on a poor diet even for a contest prep. also made him spend money on supps he didn't need

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

jeff had stewart on a poor diet even for a contest prep. also made him spend money on supps he didn't need
yeah i did notice that. his diet seemed to consist of a lot of supplements and meal replacements instead of whole food.

any advice on what i asked in my original post?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Im working on getting more cut Im gonna stick to chicken breast, salmon and talipia for my meats any good marinades so I wont get bored? And what do yall think about Animal Cuts? Does it work, is it safe?

Back
Top Bottom